BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Death Of 'Barmy Army'

Over recent seasons when our support has really been tested, we always seem to fall back on the old faithful 'barmy army'.....which as we all know is particularly 'unbarmy'.

Tomorrow night lets see it off for good, and at very least use 'Blue n White Army' or 'We are the rovers' in it's place.

C'mon Rovers, let's put a bit of pride and passion back into our support!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over recent seasons when our support has really been tested, we always seem to fall back on the old faithful 'barmy army'.....which as we all know is particularly 'unbarmy'.

Tomorrow night lets see it off for good, and at very least use 'Blue n White Army' or 'We are the rovers' in it's place.

C'mon Rovers, let's put a bit of pride and passion back into our support!

we are the rovers!!!!

we hate burnley !!!

barmy army is a horrendous and embarrasing chant for rovers fans to use. I cringe every time I hear it being sung. Sounds like something out of a school playground. Its also very unoriginal, having been sung at england cricket for years. Start using 'we are the rovers' more.

barmy army is a horrendous and embarrasing chant for rovers fans to use. I cringe every time I hear it being sung. Sounds like something out of a school playground. Its also very unoriginal, having been sung at england cricket for years. Start using 'we are the rovers' more.

Indeed, it is truly cringeworthy. Please cut it out.

No way, 'I love BARMY ARMY!'. I'm actually beginning to love 'GET INTO 'EM' as well, just because it's such a rubbish chant.

'Barmy Army' might be a bit simple, but it gets the ground bouncing more than any other song we have because everyone can get involved.

BARMY ARMY!

BARMY ARMY!

BARMY ARMY!

No way, 'I love BARMY ARMY!'. I'm actually beginning to love 'GET INTO 'EM' as well, just because it's such a rubbish chant.

'Barmy Army' might be a bit simple, but it gets the ground bouncing more than any other song we have because everyone can get involved.

BARMY ARMY!

BARMY ARMY!

BARMY ARMY!

There's plenty of other simple chants which could get going that are a bit less 'village fete' and have a bit more passion about em like 'we are the rovers', 'rovers, rovers, rovers (like villa/boro/chelsea)', come on rovers, come on rovers'.

COME OOOOOOOONNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!! :blink:

BARMY ARMY!

IT'S CR*P!

when it gets going its a ripper, we have sung it non stop for 20 minutes sometimes, amazing when it goes down like that!

It was derived from:

We are the Rovers, we are the champions!

or

We are the Rovers, champions of Europe!

often sung for up to 25 minutes during mundane spells during matches in the 1980's!

Whilst I'm all for new chants and all that, Barmy Army is NOT one I'd get rid of! As has been stated, when it gets going, it's an absolute BELTER! The kind of song EVERYONE ets involved in just because of it's pure simplicity.

IF it is going to be replaced, make it an interactive one between the halves of the stand:

'Who are we?'

'Blue Army!'

etc.

Archived