BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Mobile Phone.

I've tried all the comparison sites and whatnot and cannot understand them OR cannot get what I want OR cannot decide on the phone! I'd sooner not go into the carphone warehouse or wherever because they do my bloody head in with jargon and Bullshizzle. I wanted to look at an old thread (created a month ago or so??? but can't find it now!)

I'm after a phone with touchscreen, good internet access, and a good camera. I want at least 500texts (without any minutes -they are useless to me and would like to keep it as cheap as possible). I have a budget of 15quid a month (which I can maybe stretch to 20). I don't mind paying under 20quid for the handset as a one off.

Can anyone help with suggestions for phones and what the better deals are? All answers appreciated in advance!

I've tried all the comparison sites and whatnot and cannot understand them OR cannot get what I want OR cannot decide on the phone! I'd sooner not go into the carphone warehouse or wherever because they do my bloody head in with jargon and Bullshizzle. I wanted to look at an old thread (created a month ago or so??? but can't find it now!)

I'm after a phone with touchscreen, good internet access, and a good camera. I want at least 500texts (without any minutes -they are useless to me and would like to keep it as cheap as possible). I have a budget of 15quid a month (which I can maybe stretch to 20). I don't mind paying under 20quid for the handset as a one off.

Can anyone help with suggestions for phones and what the better deals are? All answers appreciated in advance!

The first advice I would give is go through a shop specific to one network (Orange, 3) instead of places like the carphone warehouse or phones4u. It seems to be cheaper to get deals online, as I have been looking for one recently. Maybe ringing a company and telling them what you want is a good bet, see if they can sort a deal out for you.

my dad has one with orange, samsung tocco (black) pays £25 a month, gets 500 mins unlimeted texts and the phone is touch screen and has a good internet coverage, with a 5mega pixel camera. as IR said best bet is to try the companys, t mobile felx might be a good shout.

I have the king of all phones... HTC HD2, on Vodafone, £35pm, stupid amount of texts & minutes, free internet, and its like a little PC in your pocket. Get all your mail on it, 5 mega pixel camera, watch youtube, can get sat nav on it... its the future... check her out... the screen is massive, probably a little overkill, but its worth it!!! :tu:

http://www.htc.com/europe/product/hd2/overview.html

What do you call a decent camera? And is the internet included in your budget, or will you paying as you use it?

Decent camera is 4 or 5 Megapixel. Internet ought to be included in the phone/budget if possible (like wifi). Should have added that I insist on being with O2. I plan to go next week to a few shops and see what I can find. I think maybe just phone recommendations for now please, and I'll work out the budget and that when in the shop. (Depends how my job interviews go).

Decent camera is 4 or 5 Megapixel. Internet ought to be included in the phone/budget if possible (like wifi). Should have added that I insist on being with O2. I plan to go next week to a few shops and see what I can find. I think maybe just phone recommendations for now please, and I'll work out the budget and that when in the shop. (Depends how my job interviews go).

Why not buy the Samsung Tocco for around £80-90 you can pick one up for, then get an o2 simplicity Sim only deal?

The one I have has 1600 texts 800 minutes and unlimited internet for £20 a month. Get to keep the same number too.

12 month contract.

Here it is.

If you insist on being on o2 then their "Text & Web" PAYG tariff looks like a no-brainer; Unlimited Text & Web access for £15/month.

The Samsung Tocco Lite seems to be a cracking little phone by all accounts, has a decent spec 3.2 meg camera and is touchscreen. It's £80 on the above tariff.

Failing that I would get the phone you really want on o2 from the likes of ebay (with a warranty).

If you insist on being on o2 then their "Text & Web" PAYG tariff looks like a no-brainer; Unlimited Text & Web access for £15/month.

The Samsung Tocco Lite seems to be a cracking little phone by all accounts, has a decent spec 3.2 meg camera and is touchscreen. It's £80 on the above tariff.

Failing that I would get the phone you really want on o2 from the likes of ebay (with a warranty).

Cheers all, I've decided to plump for this option. Everything I want (SLIGHTLY worse than wanted camera, but oh well!). Thanks Brian. Thanks all.

Archived