BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingle Derby

i think it's special delivery to lower the chance of it getting lost, since there are no refunds or duplicates allowed to be printed if the worst comes to worst and it gets lost. i think.

Last time we had a major panic. Mum had only gone and put the tickets in the bin by an accident!! No duplicates of course so we made her go through the wheely bin and find the things!! Good job it wasn't bin day!

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time we had a major panic. Mum had only gone and put the tickets in the bin by an accident!! No duplicates of course so we made her go through the wheely bin and find the things!! Good job it wasn't bin day!

My nana threw out my season ticket the week before the game vs Chelsea (the game where Sav/Reid scored and took us into Europe). I had to do the same and root through the dustbin! She had got them mixed up (the little 2-side wallets they were in were the same colour).

After being present at Turf Moor in 2001 and the FA cup tie in 2005 its the TV for me this time!

:(

If there's a will... there's a way.

If you had asked, I'd have bought 2 away tickets on your account, been to 11!

If they don't sell all the tickets to people who have 2 away games on record, do you think they'll then go to people who have been to 1?

Also would there be any point ringing up to see if they would let me show them ticket stubs from games i've been to but bought tickets on the day so not through my account? (eg City). I could prove I paid for it on my card etc.

If they don't sell all the tickets to people who have 2 away games on record, do you think they'll then go to people who have been to 1?

Also would there be any point ringing up to see if they would let me show them ticket stubs from games i've been to but bought tickets on the day so not through my account? (eg City). I could prove I paid for it on my card etc.

Of course I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure it was said really early on that they will go off ticket history on your account rather than actual paper stubs. It's worth a try but I don't know how far you'll get unfortunately.

So tickets are going to be sent out in the post.

How will they stop you from making your own way there then ?

I guess they can't, they'll just make everyone miss the kick off like last time out.

Football fans treated like scum again, guilty until proven innocent.....

I guess they can't, they'll just make everyone miss the kick off like last time out.

Football fans treated like scum again, guilty until proven innocent.....

Did you go on the train last time Gav? I ended up on the train and the police delayed it purposly to make us late then took us all off the train at the Barracks and marched us through the back streets. When we made a run across the road towards the turnstyles the police started treating us like hooligans going as us with battons, and the clever dingles only left 2 turnstyles open for us all to get through... A guy in front of me, a fairly respectable normal looking guy asked a copper whay we were being treat like that, the copper told him to shut his mouth or he'd be locked up. That didn't do much at all to settle the situation.

Although I think it's over the top everybody having go on the official away travel, overall it is safer and more managable for the authorities to keep control of the situation.

Did you go on the train last time Gav? I ended up on the train and the police delayed it purposly to make us late then took us all off the train at the Barracks and marched us through the back streets. When we made a run across the road towards the turnstyles the police started treating us like hooligans going as us with battons, and the clever dingles only left 2 turnstyles open for us all to get through... A guy in front of me, a fairly respectable normal looking guy asked a copper whay we were being treat like that, the copper told him to shut his mouth or he'd be locked up. That didn't do much at all to settle the situation.

Although I think it's over the top everybody having go on the official away travel, overall it is safer and more managable for the authorities to keep control of the situation.

I think there is likely to be a good number on the train again if they are posting tickets out. I was on the train last time and it was a bit disappointing that they delated the train. I am sure the same will happen again, or they just wont let you travel. At the end of the day they cant prevent you from making your own way there. What they can do is prevent you from being able to get into the ground.

Although they say publicly that they will only give out tickets to those with an electronic record of buying two away tickets, my experience is that if you're prepared to talk to the club and convince them of your desire to go, they will give you a ticket.

If you've only been to one away game this season (or even none) it's still worth trying to get a ticket as when I lived on the south coast and entered into discussions for the Celtic away game for instance, they were happy to give me a ticket even though I didn't qualify automatically.

Write, phone, email the club and let them know you want a ticket and why you think you should get one. You won't necessarily get one but my experience is that you might and it's worth trying because you MIGHT.

Although they say publicly that they will only give out tickets to those with an electronic record of buying two away tickets, my experience is that if you're prepared to talk to the club and convince them of your desire to go, they will give you a ticket.

If you've only been to one away game this season (or even none) it's still worth trying to get a ticket as when I lived on the south coast and entered into discussions for the Celtic away game for instance, they were happy to give me a ticket even though I didn't qualify automatically.

Write, phone, email the club and let them know you want a ticket and why you think you should get one. You won't necessarily get one but my experience is that you might and it's worth trying because you MIGHT.

They already know who they are sending the application forms out to for tickets.

I would be very suprised if anyone decides not to take the ticket offered.

There wont be many available after this stage, if any at all.

You're right there, there's no harm in trying. Good luck to everybody trying to get tickets, I'd love to go but I'll have to wait and see if I can wangle a couple of tickets somehow. I've no away ticket record on my account so I won't be invited to go. But we all had an idea what the rules would be! I know people who have been most if not all away games to guarantee the chance of a dingle ticket.

Feel a little sorry for my friends - as I work in Blackburn town centre I always buy the away tickets for our group. Consequently I can go to Burnley, but none of my mates can, as the tickets have only been bought in my name. So there is a situation where my mates are season ticket holders, have been to 6-7 away games, have retained the stubs, but cannot go. I would guess others will be in the same situation.

Not blaming the club for this, Im sure whatever method they decided to sell the tickets, some fans would lose out.

Feel a little sorry for my friends - as I work in Blackburn town centre I always buy the away tickets for our group. Consequently I can go to Burnley, but none of my mates can, as the tickets have only been bought in my name. So there is a situation where my mates are season ticket holders, have been to 6-7 away games, have retained the stubs, but cannot go. I would guess others will be in the same situation.

Not blaming the club for this, Im sure whatever method they decided to sell the tickets, some fans would lose out.

That is a shame. I'm sure contacting the club can not do any harm. If you have the history of buying a certain number of tickets I'm sure the club will help if possible. Rules are rules and some would always lose out but coming towards the end of the first (and probably only) phase of ticket sales I'm sure the club will do all they can to accommodate the real supporters.

It shouldnt be a problem mate....just ring up explain and if there is proof that you attend say 6 games with a group of 4 or whatever then im sure they would look at it for you.

We all knew this was going to happen at the beginning of the season, and its part of reason why when Iv booked away tickets iv made sure that the woman has added it to all of our Season Tickets, not just mine!

After being present at Turf Moor in 2001 and the FA cup tie in 2005 its the TV for me this time!

:(

Same here, not been away this season, think the last game I missed at there place was 1983, but I'm not complaining, we all new tickets would be hard to come by.

Been offered a ticket in the Bob Lord stand, but turned it down.

I would have thought that the club won't want to add people to the list of those eligible unless the number of people who have been to two games is a lot less than the 2,400 tickets. In their defence the club did specifically tell everyone how the allocation would work at the beginning of the season. Anyone who did not get their purchases against their account has only themselves to blame.

Having said that the likelihood will be that there will be some tickets left over when those with 2 away games have bought their tickets. There must be less than 2,400 people who qualify and there will be some who cannot or do not want to go, so I would assume there will be some tickets to sell later to those who don't qualify.

Not specifically aimed at you, but they did make it clear that quite early on that it would go on ticket history. Every game I've bought tickets for this season I've given them a list of account numbers and made sure that they were allocated to the right account. Whilst it did take a while longer, the ticket office were very accomodating to do this as they knew why everyone was doing it.

Same here, not been away this season, think the last game I missed at there place was 1983, but I'm not complaining, we all new tickets would be hard to come by.

Been offered a ticket in the Bob Lord stand, but turned it down.

Get it for the Wagster. He'd reach cult hero status if we put him in there!

Not specifically aimed at you, but they did make it clear that quite early on that it would go on ticket history. Every game I've bought tickets for this season I've given them a list of account numbers and made sure that they were allocated to the right account. Whilst it did take a while longer, the ticket office were very accomodating to do this as they knew why everyone was doing it.

Same here, I`m just hoping they actually did :unsure:

Archived