BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup

philipl

Isnt it more of a shame that we got one of the hardest opponents we could have gotten away from home?? People play weakened teams not in order to ignore the competition but because teams like ours, who had a league cup semi and league survival to focus on, had more then one priority. Its what a squad is for. We put a team out to win the tie, as did Villa and they won. Both sides were weakened and had every right to be.

Im personally glad that we got knocked out so early as we have more important issues to focus on. Another distraction isnt what we need right now. The fact that we've had an extra 3/4 days to prepare for the Wigan game could mean a great deal come Wednesday.

Both sides were weakened and had every right to be.

Im personally glad that we got knocked out

1. NO SIDE SHOULD OR HAVE THE RIGHT TO PLAY A WEAKENED TEAM IN THE FA CUP...SCANDLOUS.

2. NO TRUE FAN OF ANY TEAM IS GLAD WHEN THEIR TEAM LOSES... :angry:

1. NO SIDE SHOULD OR HAVE THE RIGHT TO PLAY A WEAKENED TEAM IN THE FA CUP...SCANDLOUS.

2. NO TRUE FAN OF ANY TEAM IS GLAD WHEN THEIR TEAM LOSES... :angry:

1. So you think we should NEVER play a weakened team? That we should NEVER rest our top players for our more important games in the league during a potential relegation season, instead of perhaps resting a couple for the early rounds of a cup competition which we stand very little chance of winning anyway?

This is why we have a squad. So that we can compete in more then one competition, we were just beaten by a better team. The FA Cup isnt important to us at the moment.

People screaming about how important the FA Cup is - its more important to the smaller clubs then it is to us. We dont get glamour ties or the chance of creating a massive upset, all we get is the chance of getting to Wembley after some 6 games or so. Yes id love us to win the cup, but id much rather us stay up every season.

2. Glad when they lose? I can see the positives in being out of the cup because we stand a better chance of winning more games in the league - which is far far far more important then winning a cup.

1. So you think we should NEVER play a weakened team? That we should NEVER rest our top players for our more important games in the league during a potential relegation season, instead of perhaps resting a couple for the early rounds of a cup competition which we stand very little chance of winning anyway?

This is why we have a squad. So that we can compete in more then one competition, we were just beaten by a better team. The FA Cup isnt important to us at the moment.

People screaming about how important the FA Cup is - its more important to the smaller clubs then it is to us. We dont get glamour ties or the chance of creating a massive upset, all we get is the chance of getting to Wembley after some 6 games or so. Yes id love us to win the cup, but id much rather us stay up every season.

2. Glad when they lose? I can see the positives in being out of the cup because we stand a better chance of winning more games in the league - which is far far far more important then winning a cup.

With attitudes like this we might as well ask to be withdrawn from the FA Cup. In fact we may as well put the shutters up at Ewood Park and find something else to do on Saturdays.

rest? why they are finly tuned atheletes who train and play footy.hand on heart it isnt a really tiring proffession is it.

positives from losing ? sounds like a statement borne from losers.

Its about recovery time, the body really does need a certain amount of time to recover from high tempo matches, to play too early is an invitation to injury!!

rest? why they are finly tuned atheletes who train and play footy.hand on heart it isnt a really tiring proffession is it.

positives from losing ? sounds like a statement borne from losers.

So you'd never rest the first team players, never give the younger up and coming players a chance, never prioritise which games are more important than others and never realise that relegation is more important to avoid then winning a cup competition?

There is a big difference in thinking that rotating the squad for certain games is sensible when given our circumstances and actually wanting us to lose. Do you not understand that?

Obviously Iam far less of a fan then you and it goes without saying that I should be banned from ever wearing a Rovers shirt or attending Rovers games for even posting these shockingly controversial comments but still, please explain why squad rotation is a bad thing when it comes to cup games?

And dont just say WE SHOULD ALWAYS PLAY TO WIN EVERY GAME, or words to that extent because obviously rotating your squad doesnt mean you're not playing to win every game its just managing resouces in a very long season, but im sure you understood that..

So you'd never rest the first team players, never give the younger up and coming players a chance, never prioritise which games are more important than others and never realise that relegation is more important to avoid then winning a cup competition? ....I WOULD PLAY MY BEST TEAM EVERY TIME IN THE LEAGUE AND FA CUP...PRIORTISE GAMES,NO,EVERY GAME IS IMPORTENT.

There is a big difference in thinking that rotating the squad for certain games is sensible when given our circumstances and actually wanting us to lose. Do you not understand that? ...ROTATING SQUAD IS OK IF YOUR A TOP TEAM WITH LUXERIES,WE HAVE NOT GOT THAT.

Obviously Iam far less of a fan then you and it goes without saying that I should be banned from ever wearing a Rovers shirt or attending Rovers games for even posting these shockingly controversial comments but still, please explain why squad rotation is a bad thing when it comes to cup games?

And dont just say WE SHOULD ALWAYS PLAY TO WIN EVERY GAME, or words to that extent because obviously rotating your squad doesnt mean you're not playing to win every game its just managing resouces in a very long season, but im sure you understood that..BUT WE SHOULD PLAY TO WIN EVERY GAME ,THATS HOW IVE BEEN BROUGHT UP. I DIDNT WIN THE TITLE BY RESTING,CUTTING CORNERS AND NOT GIVING 100% AND THINKING I COULDNT BEAT PEOPLE WHO WERE RANKED HIGHER THAN ME ,I WENT OUT TO WIN .

Urgh, you yet again have missed the point. When i wrote dont simply say WE SHOULD GO OUT TO WIN EVERY GAME i meant because that goes without saying. Rotating your squad has nothing to do with wanting to win each game. The point is that we have to prioritise the league ahead of the cup because we're on the verge of a relegation scrap. If we were in the top 10 then fine, but we're not.

Of course we should try to win the cup games, BUT in order to make sure we stand as good a chance as possible of winning the league games we need to rotate the squad for the Cup........ . .. .. . .. .. ..... .. . .. . .

I guess it comes down to a simple question. What is more important to you, winning the FA Cup or staying in this division? For me, One of those is far far far more important than the other.

Urgh, you yet again have missed the point. When i wrote dont simply say WE SHOULD GO OUT TO WIN EVERY GAME i meant because that goes without saying. Rotating your squad has nothing to do with wanting to win each game. The point is that we have to prioritise the league ahead of the cup because we're on the verge of a relegation scrap. If we were in the top 10 then fine, but we're not.

Of course we should try to win the cup games, BUT in order to make sure we stand as good a chance as possible of winning the league games we need to rotate the squad for the Cup........ . .. .. . .. .. ..... .. . .. . .

I guess it comes down to a simple question. What is more important to you, winning the FA Cup or staying in this division? For me, One of those is far far far more important than the other.

easy....BOTH. :rolleyes:

ALLS YOU HEAR IS WE ARE SKINT,THEN WOULD A GOOD FA CUP RUN NOT BOOST THE FUNDS FOR THE FUNDING OF NEW PLAYERS,hand in hand?

easy....BOTH. :rolleyes:

ALLS YOU HEAR IS WE ARE SKINT,THEN WOULD A GOOD FA CUP RUN NOT BOOST THE FUNDS FOR THE FUNDING OF NEW PLAYERS,hand in hand?

Yes, but relegation would ruin the club. The point is that if you go for both the cup and the league you compromise the team. When you dont have a big or good enough squad you cannot attack 3 major competitions without rotating the team. Ideally yes of course we wouldnt rotate and we would play the best team in every game, but realistically that cannot happen.

Im assuming that you understand that relegation would be disastrous and therefore we have to prioritise staying in the division above progressing in the cup competitions. No club plays their strongest team in EVERY game, certain players have to be rested and if you dont recognise that the best time to rest them is in the first proper round of a cup competition that we dont have to win then i dont know what else there is to say.

I dont want us to lose or get knocked out of any tournament BUT on the other hand we're not in the position to jeopardise our league position by getting distracted by a cup, especially at only the 3rd round stage.

Archived