Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan At Home - 27Th January 2010

cn174

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some Stats courtesy of the BBC

Wigan

Conceded 44 goals in 20 league games, they only conceded 45 goals in all league games last season. WILL NOW KEEP A CLEAN SHEET!

Failed to score in the first half in 13 of their 20 league games. WILL BE UP 3-0 AT HALF TIME!

Jason Scotland has not scored in 1078 minutes (17 hours 38 mins) of leaugue football. WITH THIS GUY BAGGING A HAT TRICK!

--------------Robinson

Jacobsen Givet Nelsen Chimbonda

Emerton Reid Pedersen Olsson

------------Dunn

-----------------Kalinic

3-0

Kalinic

Dunn

Reid

I think it has to be either the formation we started with at Villa, or a straight 4-4-2. The 4-4-1-1 just does not work - the fans hate it, the players seem to dislike it and I think we will lose if we play it. Be positive Allardyce - this is a must-win and we are at home!!!!

Love the Keith Smilie.

Well I've been a stupid boy and broken my cardinal rule, I've bet on Rovers. Last time I did this was wigan away last year.

Rovers 3-1 tonight.

Kalinic to score as well and Di Santo and Dunn.

You PRAT! Well done.....let's hope the damage is minimal ;). Seriously I'll go for a 2-0 win with EITHER a Kalinic brace, or Kalinic and Reid.

With Chris Samba serving a one-match ban it means a reshuffle at the back with Martin Olsson likely to drop to left back and Gael Givet covering Samba's position.

David Dunn also misses out with a minor knock, so with Olsson moving back to defence and Dunn's absence it means Junior Hoilett and El-Hadji Diouf coming in on the flanks.

ROVERS: Robinson, Chimbonda, Nelsen ©, Givet, Olsson, Diouf, Nzonzi, Emerton, Pedersen, Hoilett, Kalinić.

Subs: Brown (GK), Roberts, Reid, Andrews, Di Santo, Salgado, Jones.

I am actually very pleased with that line up for a change :tu:

ROVERS: Robinson, Chimbonda, Nelsen ©, Givet, Olsson, Diouf, Nzonzi, Emerton, Pedersen, Hoilett, Kalinić.

Had a feeling Olsson would be playing left back due to Samba's suspension and Givet moving into the centre, just a shame its had to be done as he looks dangerous on the left wing.

Diouf and Pedersen in the side :wacko:

Good to see Hoilett and Kalinic get a run out together. They linked up pretty well iirc during one or two of the cup games.

Diouf and Pedersen? FFS!!

At least it'll be 4-2-3-1:

....................Robbo

Chimbo ....Nelsen....Givet....Olsson

............N'Zonzi....Emerton

Diouf.......Pedersen......Hoilett

.................Kalinic

is how I see it. Might work. Might not. :unsure:

Well, Fat Sam sure is banking on youth and pace tonight with Pedersen and Spit!

I would really love to know what the "positive" people from the Villa defeat have to say about this now. I really would.

We've got N'Zonzi, Hoillet, Olsson and Kalinic all in the side. Surely that's got to be a good thing? Samba's suspension has meant we've had to reshuffle but oh well.

Archived