BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Amine Linganzi

Tom

Wiki was the first place I looked and contains none of the information I was looking for. Just says he's a midfielder and we've signed him.

Then you should have looked a bit closer, as it tells you he plays as a midfielder or second striker, which answers one of your questions. It contains other little tidbits too.

Position? Preferred foot? Anyone know anything about him at all?

Hoping for an N'Zonzi, not a Van Heerden.

Haven't seen a lot of him but he's definitely right footed, strong for his age, very willing runner off the ball and can strike from distance, very good prospect and I think although he's one for the future we might see a bit of him this year.

It would be hard to compare him to anyone at this stage but perhaps in the essien mould without the technical ability and experience just yet.

• 2 weeks later...

In your opinion, or from what you hear, will he make the first team this season? Is he anywhere near that standard, because it's difficult to judge on a friendly game against Fleetwood Town.

I agree with you on that one, but you have to start somewhere. I thought a few were being a bit loony when we were raving about NZonzi after games against Cambridge and Leeds! But who knows? We can only hope he's another good find.

I say 'another' with a slight sense of 'irony' even though weve done relatively well in the transfer market.

• 11 months later...
Rovers' young midfielder Amine Linganzi has joined Preston North End on loan.

The 21-year-old has joined Phil Brown's side on loan until the end of the 2010/11 season.

Following his move from French side St. Ettiene last January, Linganzi made his senior debut for Rovers on the last day of the season against Aston Villa. This season has seen him make a further league appearance, and feature for the club at Ewood in the Carling Cup against Norwich City and last weekend against Queens Park Rangers in the FA Cup.

Linganzi has been signed in time for Preston's match against Leicester City at Deepdale this Saturday.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2265532,00.html

This could be valuable experience for him which will benefit Rovers.

If he impresses on loan then he will be able to return to Rovers a better player with more experience in the English league, especially a tough competitive league like The Championship.

If he doesn't impress then we can see where it went wrong and work on him to make him a better player.

I've got a feeling they will be impressed by him.

Gone off now I believe, pulled his groin.

[/quote

Went to PNE today with a few mates, linganzi looked solid nothing spectacular but played the holding role well, did his groin in when hitting a 30yrd screamer just before half time. North End fans appreciated his contribution and rightly so as they were completely overun in midfield second half, lucky to get a point, relegation beckons for them.

Archived