BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham Vs Rovers

BPF

Pretty sure Sam said the win against Wigan puts the pressure off us to get a win against West Ham. When you consider our bad run against them plus our away form i can see why Sam will be going into this game in order to try and not get beat. I think we will set up like we have done in the last two games, 5 in midfield and look to be solid but if an opportunity presents itself where we can counter or put in a set piece we will try to nick a goal.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How far away from fitness is Dunn?

My team without Dunn:

--------Robbo--------

Chim--Samba-Nelsen-Givet

Emo-Reid-N'Zonzi-MGP-Ollson

--------Kalinic------------

I thought Reid looked good on Weds when he came on, Diouf and Hoilet weren't too effective.

Come on guys this could Sams clever plot to surprise Zola

Good point, why would he just come out with our tactics a day before the game?

We've nothing to lose at the Boleyn, we should just go there all out to win.

My team without Dunn:

--------Robbo--------

Chim--Samba-Nelsen-Givet

I thought Reid looked good on Weds when he came on, Diouf and Hoilet weren't too effective.

Diouf was as good as useless on Wednesday, but I thought Junior put himself about quite well.

Sam on the game : ""We don't have to go there and try and win, but what we have to do is go there and try and get a result."

What does that mean ? Go for a draw ?

You should be a journalist... The way you put it takes it out of context.

If you read what Sam has said on the Rovers website you'll find he's saying the same as most of the fans, that's unless your one of the ones who wears blinkers and thinks everything that Sam says and does is wrong.

Quote;

"We don't have to go there and try and win, but what we have to do is go there and try and get a result.

"There is no pressure on us down there other than lets get a result and that can relax us more into making us play better and maybe sneaking a win.

"So lets hope that is the case."

What he's saying is that if we had not won the last couple of games this would be a MUST win game otherwise we would be in the sh!t. As it stands getting beat tomorrow will not be a disaster and will not drop us into the relegation zone, so we can go there and try to get as much as we can out of the game without the extra pressure being on us. I think that could work in our favour.

You really are full of sh!t.

Play our strongest back line, Givet, Samba, Nelson & Chimbonda. Olsson & Junior on the wings, MGP & Bert in the middle, Di Santo behind Kalinic. Olsson, Bert, MGP and Junior swapping about to keep the Spammers on their toes, Kalinic and Di Santo alternating roles too.

This is a winnable game, and with odds of 11/4 for the win I may just have a punt. Pedersen at 14/1 looks a good bet too.

We've a terrible record against this lot, lets hope for better this weekend.

:rover: so you were happy with samba ruining your chance of going to wembley,he and chimbonda are no were near our best back 4 :blush::brfc:

This is a winnable game, and with odds of 11/4 for the win I may just have a punt.

You must be insane! :lol:

Here is our record at West Ham since 1994/95 season:

Lost 0-2

Drew 1-1

Lost 1-2

Drew 2-2

Lost 1-2

Lost 0-2

Lost 0-2

Lost 0-1

Lost 1-2

Lost 1-3

Lost 2-4

Lost 1-2

Lost 1-2

Lost 1-4

Anyone spot a pattern? It's a quite horrific record when you look at it.

If you read what Sam has said on the Rovers website you'll find he's saying the same as most of the fans, that's unless your one of the ones who wears blinkers and thinks everything that Sam says and does is wrong.

I'm not a journalist, mate :) I'm Danish. So when i ask "What does that mean" i actually mean "What does that mean".

I was confused with "don't have to go there and try and win" and "go there and try and get a result."

:rover: so you were happy with samba ruining your chance of going to wembley,he and chimbonda are no were near our best back 4 :blush::brfc:

Think your right here waggy, both dont deserve to start along with Diouf, and Hoilett has a big question mark over him for this game.

The formation isnt a problem just the players in that system like the ones above.

Playing Diouf will be like starting with ten men, aided with Chimbonda defending like a wet paper bag with big Chrissy Samba stuck with his head up his backside, all negatives for the fanny hammers game. If any of these three play then they simply have to raise their game tommorrow for Rovers to have chance of success .

Lost 0-2

Drew 1-1

Lost 1-2

Drew 2-2

Lost 1-2

Lost 0-2

Lost 0-2

Lost 0-1

Lost 1-2

Lost 1-3

Lost 2-4

Lost 1-2

Lost 1-2

Lost 1-4

Records are there to be broken. There was one season when WHU went a a very bad run without a win - sadly that was ended against Rovers. Therefore at anytime a record can be broken. So we have always to expect the unexpected. Rovers are starting to get confident - hopfully they will see the claret and blue of whu and get angry and determined. I predict 1 0 to Rovers - failing that a draw.

Lost 0-2

Drew 1-1

Lost 1-2

Drew 2-2

Lost 1-2

Lost 0-2

Lost 0-2

Lost 0-1

Lost 1-2

Lost 1-3

Lost 2-4

Lost 1-2

Lost 1-2

Lost 1-4

But it can be forgiven after what they did for us on the last day of the 94/95 season :tu:

Quote;

"We don't have to go there and try and win, but what we have to do is go there and try and get a result.

"There is no pressure on us down there other than lets get a result and that can relax us more into making us play better and maybe sneaking a win.

"So lets hope that is the case."

What he's saying is that if we had not won the last couple of games this would be a MUST win game otherwise we would be in the sh!t. As it stands getting beat tomorrow will not be a disaster and will not drop us into the relegation zone, so we can go there and try to get as much as we can out of the game without the extra pressure being on us. I think that could work in our favour.

I wouldn't say it was out of context. sam allardyce has said we don't have to go there and try and win. if that isn't negative i don't know what is. as i previously said playing with a draw in mind and not over exerting yourself to risk the point is fine in my eyes given who we are playing and where, but to not even try and win is a stupid statement. i presume he didn't mean to say that and it came out wrong. if it didn't that's the most negative thing i've heard in a long time.

I wouldn't say it was out of context. sam allardyce has said we don't have to go there and try and win. if that isn't negative i don't know what is. as i previously said playing with a draw in mind and not over exerting yourself to risk the point is fine in my eyes given who we are playing and where, but to not even try and win is a stupid statement. i presume he didn't mean to say that and it came out wrong. if it didn't that's the most negative thing i've heard in a long time.

I think he basically meant "lets try and win, but not winning isn't a disaster".

Sam on the game : ""We don't have to go there and try and win, but what we have to do is go there and try and get a result."

What does that mean ? Go for a draw ?

Why does everyone interpret what Sam says in the totally wrong way. The way I see it is, he's taking pressure off the players. He's right, we don't have to go there to win, our home form should be enough to keep us away from the relegation zone, just out of interest when was the last time we won there anyway?

Why does everyone interpret what Sam says in the totally wrong way. The way I see it is, he's taking pressure off the players. He's right, we don't have to go there to win, our home form should be enough to keep us away from the relegation zone, just out of interest when was the last time we won there anyway?

because he is poor at articulating.

just out of interest when was the last time we won there anyway?

1993/94. Berg and Pearce with the goals in a 2-1 win. I seem to remember Redknapp saying he saw Pearce running down on goal with Shearer with him, and he was praying that he wouldn't square it for Shearer. Then Pearce just smashed it home. The last win before that was 8-2 back in 1963.

1993/94. Berg and Pearce with the goals in a 2-1 win. I seem to remember Redknapp saying he saw Pearce running down on goal with Shearer with him, and he was praying that he wouldn't square it for Shearer. Then Pearce just smashed it home. The last win before that was 8-2 back in 1963.

:rover: great night remenber it like yesterday,the song'DO THEY SELL STEAK PUDDINGS IN MILAN'started thet night :wacko::brfc:

My team without Dunn:

--------Robbo--------

Chim--Samba-Nelsen-Givet

The only bright side of Sam buying all of those right backs this summer is that odds are Reid won't be played there again! He's a decent midfielder and I'm glad not only to have him back, but to have him back in that position.

Team for me:-

----------------Kalinic

-Olsson----Pedersen---Hoilett

-----------Reid------Emerton

Givet---Nelsen------Samba---Chimbonda

--------------Robinson

Subs:- Brown, Jones, Salgado, Dunn, NZonzi, Di Santo, Roberts

This'd be my team too. If ever there is a time to win down there this is it. They're a poor team, we're in a bit of a run of form - 2 wins and some good performances in parts in both villa games - so I'd like to think there is a chance of doing this especially if this is the team selected.

I long ago lost any affinity I had for West 'Aim. They're a bunch of overblown, cockney no-marks living in a claret-tinted hinterland where their first XI just beat the Krauts to bring football home - naff beyond belief. The whole Tevez affair was utterly repellent too.

I would absolutely love it if our ugly little northern side turned up to sour grubby Sullivan and Gold's first game as owners. Love it I say.

Why the negative one up front though...lets go for the WIN!!!!!!!

Not sure it is negative. Hoilett and Olsson will bomb forward, Peds and Emerton have the engines to support the front man, (Reid used to not sure he still does). I'd say that's far from a negative team. It's how we play which will decided whether we're being negative or not. If we have ten men behind the ball and lump it up to Kalinic yes it is negative. But I'm hoping the midfield will bomb forward and support Nico, as we finally break our west ham hoo-doo.

Archived