BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham Vs Rovers

BPF

Sam hardly wins the fans over with his rhetoric, does he? We can't hold back and try to grind out points. It's been proven time and time again we're far more effective with our tails up.

He said the same before Villa and we scored 4!!

We need to go there, and not concede early, frustrate their fans and start to impose ourselves on the game. An early goal for us would be very good!

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

because he is poor at articulating.

I can understand what he's saying ;) It all makes sense to me. It's just a tactic to take pressure off the players, it's not a must win game. We're more than capable of getting a result, there's no pressure on us. Just like all the pressure was on Villa last week and we played some decent football, similarly the pressure will be on West Ham, we're in a much better position, all the pressure is on the home side.

:rover: great night remenber it like yesterday,the song'DO THEY SELL STEAK PUDDINGS IN MILAN'started thet night :wacko::brfc:

[/quote

It was indeed, once I got into the ground after being targeted by Wammers for drinking in their boozer... Came out side to find local plod waiting.... thank f...

Team for me:-

----------------Kalinic

-Olsson----Pedersen---Hoilett

-----------Reid------Emerton

Givet---Nelsen------Samba---Chimbonda

--------------Robinson

Subs:- Brown, Jones, Salgado, Dunn, NZonzi, Di Santo, Roberts

I'd swap Hoilett for N'Zonzi with Emerton on the right, but otherwise I'd be happy with that.

Got a feeling it might be that team but with Diouf on the right instead of Hoilett though. I don't think Hoilett's ready to be starting away games in midfield, he still doesn't pose much of a goal threat and needs to work on ball retention and the defensive side of things.

Sam hardly wins the fans over with his rhetoric, does he? We can't hold back and try to grind out points. It's been proven time and time again we're far more effective with our tails up.

Look come on be fair, try this as a translation ...

"Guys you've done great over recent weeks, we've won important games and you've taken the pressure off yourselves, you've earned the right to go out and relax without getting beaten up by me if we go down today." "Go and play relaxed, they are desperate for these points so let's hang tough, break em down and give it to them on the counter".

He'll probably go with a confident 5 in the midfield and tell them to go and enjoy the game.

Why does this mean we aren't going to take any points or that we don't want any points? Seems a bloody sensible message to me.

Maybe he needs to employ a speech writer :rolleyes:

A relaxed Nico and Peds to scare them to death with Reidy and Emo to sweat them for 90 mins. Draw is a minimum return and I think we could shave win.

Nice to sing "where's your work permit gone" for Belli McCarthy to the tune of where's your moma gone :P

You must be insane! :lol:

Here is our record at West Ham since 1994/95 season:

Lost 0-2

Drew 1-1

Lost 1-2

Drew 2-2

Lost 1-2

Lost 0-2

Lost 0-2

Lost 0-1

Lost 1-2

Lost 1-3

Lost 2-4

Lost 1-2

Lost 1-2

Lost 1-4

Anyone spot a pattern? It's a quite horrific record when you look at it.

1993/94. Berg and Pearce with the goals in a 2-1 win. I seem to remember Redknapp saying he saw Pearce running down on goal with Shearer with him, and he was praying that he wouldn't square it for Shearer. Then Pearce just smashed it home. The last win before that was 8-2 back in 1963.

Put them together and I most certainly see a pattern, next win at West Ham due in 2223. :blink:

Lost 0-2

Drew 1-1

Lost 1-2

Drew 2-2

Lost 1-2

Lost 0-2

Lost 0-2

Lost 0-1

Lost 1-2

Lost 1-3

Lost 2-4

Lost 1-2

Lost 1-2

Lost 1-4

Didn't we smash them 7-2 or something, somewhere in those years? I agree though, West Ham are a real bogey team for us. There will be a feel good factor going round the club now that the two Davids are in charge. We should be confident of getting a result after two wins in a row. If we get a point, I'll be happy.

Didn't we smash them 7-2 or something, somewhere in those years? I agree though, West Ham are a real bogey team for us. There will be a feel good factor going round the club now that the two Davids are in charge. We should be confident of getting a result after two wins in a row. If we get a point, I'll be happy.

7-1 I was there..And we lost away to them 2-0 I think in the same season...We don't win at the Boleyn..But records are there to be broken...

Lost 0-2

Drew 1-1

Lost 1-2

Drew 2-2

Lost 1-2

Lost 0-2

Lost 0-2

Lost 0-1

Lost 1-2

Lost 1-3

Lost 2-4

Lost 1-2

Lost 1-2

Lost 1-4

Law of averages. We're gonna win. You heard it here first...

Law of averages. We're gonna win. You heard it here first...

I must admit, laws of averages are things I do think about a lot, sides who havent scored for weeks bag a hatful, Strikers who have had a barren spell suddenly start on a scoring spree!!

You could be right here, providing we turn up in the first 45 minutes!!

[quote name='philipl' date='29 January 2010 - 22:13 PM'

Let's see what sam manages to serve up.

I have zero expectations for either a performance or a result but hope springs eternal.

If ever the time came when at the start of any game I was Playing or coaching in, I was considering losing, I would quit tomorrow!!

Positive thinking!! Imagine the winning goal going in, a la Rob Andrew with his kicking, its a mind game, mentality, belief, Ask Wenger!!

But as a coach or a manager, once they pass the white line, its down to the team!!

Good luck with that BPF. Stranger things have happened. I think we'll come good at the Boleyn, west Spam are pish poor.

My money is on Rovers to win 3-2. It's worth a cheeky £5 at 28/1.

Cheers. Here's hoping! Good luck on the 3 - 2!

Go into the game telling the other team you are going to be happy with a draw is criminal and can only end up in a loss, use it as a bit of reverse physcology and maybe its a win.

Hate West ham and we need to kill this hoodoo because its a team we should be looking of getting 3 points from home and away from this season onward, the sooner they get relegated the better, too many (come south for a payday) teams in this league and this is a dirty claret and blue one too.

Get them fired up Sam, are they not below us in the league? then they deserve to be beat, forget the hodoo and smash these Bumley wannabes.

Archived