BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham Vs Rovers

BPF

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eventually, Sam is going to work out that the current Rovers just don't do "keep it tight for an hour and we might nick one" very well.

In fact have we won any game this season 1-0 with the winner coming in the second half?

To save anyone looking it up, the answer is no- Benni's winner at Forest came in the 37th minute.

So if we are going to try to keep it tight and nick the winner, we can be certain to fail. Inviting West Ham to attack us at Upton Park is to invite a thrashing. This Rovers squad + Sam's tactics of tight at the back = an average of two goals per game conceded.

If we attack West Ham, we can get something out of this as well as an entertaining game. Otherwise, defeat is pretty close to certain. Hence my comments.

If Sam tries to keep it tight and we get beaten, I will re-post this effort this evening. If we win, please feel free to post it back at me and gloat- I will be too busy celebrating a Rovers victory to care!

my team is:-

Robinson

Chimbonda Samba Nelsen Givet

Nzoini

Hoilett Emerton Pedersen Olsson

Kalinic

Subs:- Brown, Jones, Saladgo, Reid, Diouf, Di Santo, Roberts.

I'd agree with that but I'd move Emerton wide right and put Reid in from the start. Somoeone needs to get stuck into West Ham's centre midfield and Emo's direct running down the right could hurt West Ham.

I'd agree with that but I'd move Emerton wide right and put Reid in from the start. Somoeone needs to get stuck into West Ham's centre midfield and Emo's direct running down the right could hurt West Ham.

With Parker and llunga back in MF we need some serious tackling to be done, Samba needs to take care of Cole early doors. ;)

The Wigan win was nice and gave us a comfortable lead over the relegation zone, but I think this is the match which will really define us. A third successive win will show that we have that winning mentality there and we have truly made progress under Sam, moving away from the inconsistency we've had over the past year or so.

Robinson

Salgado-Samba-Nelsen-Givet

Emerton-Reid-N'zonzi-Olsson

Pedersen

Kalinic

Subs: Brown, Jones, Chimbonda, Andrews, Hoilett, Diouf, Di Santo

You must be insane! :lol:

Here is our record at West Ham since 1994/95 season:

Lost 0-2

Drew 1-1

Lost 1-2

Drew 2-2

Lost 1-2

Lost 0-2

Lost 0-2

Lost 0-1

Lost 1-2

Lost 1-3

Lost 2-4

Lost 1-2

Lost 1-2

Lost 1-4

Anyone spot a pattern? It's a quite horrific record when you look at it.

Ah, you don't go back far enough.

Boxing day 1963 scores.

That's when football was football.

Ah, you don't go back far enough.

Boxing day 1963 scores.

That's when football was football.

And the score in the return match at Ewood 2 days later was:

Rovers 1 West Ham 3

Good old Rovers.

Rovers always seem to wither in the East end.

Must be the stench of jellied eels and the caw blimey accent.

3-1 defeat.

We can't keep losing at West Ham .!

Oh yes we can, but would love to be proved wrong.

And the score in the return match at Ewood 2 days later was:

Rovers 1 West Ham 3

Good old Rovers.

Rovers always seem to wither in the East end.

Must be the stench of jellied eels and the caw blimey accent.

3-1 defeat.

I had the privilege of talking to Bryan Douglas about that return game, when Duggie appeared at a BRFC evening in Brindle.

He was really put out with that return game, he thought they let the fans down badly. Looked downbeat about it.

West Ham United: Green, Faubert, Tomkins, Upson, Spector, Diamanti, Noble, Kovac, Behrami, Collison, Nouble

Subs: Stech, Da Costa, Ilunga, Parker, Stanislas, Sears, Cole

Blackburn Rovers: Robinson, Chimbonda, Samba, Nelsen, Givet, Emerton, N'Zonzi, Olsson, Pedersen, Dunn, Kalinic

Subs: Brown, Salgado, Reid, Andrews, Roberts, Hoilett, Di Santo

Dunn starting? Im a bit surprised. Something must be wrong.

West Ham United: Green, Faubert, Tomkins, Upson, Spector, Diamanti, Noble, Kovac, Behrami, Collison, Nouble

Subs: Stech, Da Costa, Ilunga, Parker, Stanislas, Sears, Cole

Blackburn Rovers: Robinson, Chimbonda, Samba, Nelsen, Givet, Emerton, N'Zonzi, Olsson, Pedersen, Dunn, Kalinic

Subs: Brown, Salgado, Reid, Andrews, Roberts, Hoilett, Di Santo

Dunn starting? Im a bit surprised. Something must be wrong.

www.rovers.co.uk:

ROVERS: Robinson, Chimbonda, Samba, Nelsen ©, Givet, Diouf, Emerton, Nzonzi, Pedersen, Olsson, Kalinic.

Subs: Brown (GK), Roberts, Reid, Andrews, Hoilett, Di Santo, Salgado

Lets hope our defence can settle down and keep a clean sheet today. Confident we will get a goal. Just depends on our leaky defence holding up.

I'm hoping the suspension Samba received will have given him the kick up the arse he needed as he has looked seriously out of sorts lately.

Overall i'm happy with the side, especially Olsson getting the chance to play on the left wing now Samba is back.

Archived