BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Terry

Ricky

Has fat Frank got as much of a chequered past as the other names that were put forward?

If I had to choose he would be my choice.

He would only be on the bench if I had a choice.

Gareth Barry has a clean enough image, but will he start regularly?

To date he's squeaky clean, he would start every game for me but I've no idea if he is captain/leader material.

Fabio will be on here reading what Gordon has had to say about the appointment.

Why wouldn't he? You do it all the time.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see the point in this. If Terry has committed such an unforgivable sin, take him out the squad entirely. If it's not bad and he's trusted enough to start the games, then he should be trusted enough as captain. How would shift improve the stability of the England team I have no idea. What happens when they discover some dirt on Rio?

because the FA had to bow under, as the pressure piled, from the stupidity of the masses. Mob mentality at its worst.

the "trend" of firing people, because of private matters, which can not be categorized as criminal, is a dangerous path to go. The "laws" of moral and ethics does not have boundaries, so where does it stop..?

And i agree Mr. E, if his so called crime, is of such terrible character, surely it would be better, to exclude him from the squad.

Stripping him and giving it to a player, who fled the scene, as he was about to be tested for PED´s.. are you ###### kidding me..

the "trend" of firing people, because of private matters

Answer me this. John Terry used the England captaincy to further his income - for example in terms of sponsorship, or additional money for writing newspaper columns etc. Dammit, he even sold the picture rights to his wedding to OK! magazine. So it's okay to use the captaincy to enhance your image in the public eye and make yet more money from the (stupid) public, but when you do something like this all of a sudden it's not public, it's private? Sounds like rank hypocrisy to me

Ferdinand is an awful choice. Capello has dropped a clanger with that one IMO.

As for the greco defence of Terry, if he lost the respect of the players he had to go- simples. Nothing to do with witch hunts or prurience, he could no longer do the job.

Ferdinand is an awful choice. Capello has dropped a clanger with that one IMO.

As for the greco defence of Terry, if he lost the respect of the players he had to go- simples. Nothing to do with witch hunts or prurience, he could no longer do the job.

my defence of terry, is more out of consideration, as to what might happen further down the line, if moral and ethics are to be taken, as some kind of law.

This time it was adultery plus a few other stupidities, the next time, im sure the room for error, is even smaller.

if he lost the respect of his fellow players philip, then it shouldnt just have been a matter of the role as captain, but whether he should play for england at all.

They all worship at the alter of the green eyed God. If the England sponsors say jump the FA and Capello ask how high and thats that.

For the hard of learning here is the chapter and verse

http://www.timesonli...icle7017244.ece

http://www.timesonli...icle7016795.ece

http://www.telegraph...us-mishaps.html

http://www.guardian....n-terry-england

......all confirming that the FA left the decision over Terry's future entirely to Capello.

These articles are all written by experienced journalists close to the England management team and the FA hierarchy.

But as always, you know best.

This is warming up nicely. I may start a sweep on when a "blind man on a galloping horse" is first mentioned.

Nicked from a Pompey mb -

"As far as I can see, John Terry has done nothing wrong. No matter what coaching manual you read, it will tell you that if the full back leaves a hole it's the centreback's responsibility to fill it."

i cant undrstand why everyone cares about england and its captaincy and especially john terry who for those of you have short memories everytime he comes to ewood he is a massive prick and tells the referee when he wants his free kicks and lets the linesman know when our players are offside.

watching england and international football in general is dredful and i would gladly see internationals done away with. I would gladly sacrifice england going out in the first round of the world cup for rovers finishing 17th in the league.

Club over country always!!

This is warming up nicely. I may start a sweep on when a "blind man on a galloping horse" is first mentioned.

Nicked from a Pompey mb -

"As far as I can see, John Terry has done nothing wrong. No matter what coaching manual you read, it will tell you that if the full back leaves a hole it's the centreback's responsibility to fill it."

A blind man on a galloping horse could see you were too late deryck....

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/22711-john-terry/page__view__findpost__p__877557

:P

Ferdinand should have been given the job in the first place, so it's great to see him made captain now. There isn't another player more worthy of it.

He might have had it too but for 'missing' the drugs test.....

..... and the 12 month drink driving ban....

..... and being filmed having sex with a young woman in a 3 in a bed romp....

..... and the speeding ban...

..... and organising the MU Christmas party against the wishes of RFW which resulted in bussing women in for sex and rape allegations being levelled at Johnny Evans.

Now anyone can get busted into speeding but I'm still not ready to bow to his 'worthiness' sandman. If you are then go ahead.

Just think if we win the WC it'll be 'Sir Rio of Ferdinand' :o

I think I'd rather lose to San Marino in the final!

I've always thought Gerrard should get the captaincy. He's rarely in the headline, keeps his head down and leads by example. He also has experience of being captain at Liverpool.

Aside from his violence inducing love of Phil Collins.

Technically, does it matter WHO the captain is? John Terry isn't going to become less vocal or commanding now he's minus an armband. In this affair, the captain is looking more like a figurehead than anything else.

These articles are all written by experienced journalists close to the England management team and the FA hierarchy.

Who desperately want to stay that way. :rolleyes:

The first to wash their hands of Tiger Woods were the sponsors, the first to distance themselves from John Terry have been his sponsors so don't tell me that in this instance they have not been consulted. If they have chosen to stay in the background then fine but a 12 min meeting tells me that the decision had already been made and if you think the manager came up with that on his own without running it past the FA and them in turn running it past the sponsors for them both to give it the nod then you are naive.

if you think the manager came up with that on his own without running it past the FA and them in turn running it past the sponsors for them both to give it the nod then you are naive.

You really don't get it do you ?

The notion of Capello of making decisions on the say-so of sponsors is just laughable.

Terry probably did need to loose the captaincy, for football reasons alone, before morals even come into it. As for Ferdinand as captain - not so sure on this one. Hardly an upstanding citizen either.

Problem is the England captaincy requires you to a) start and B) to not be a sleezebag. We don't seem to have a combination of the two in any one player. The certain starters are A. Cole, Ferdinand, Terry, Gerrard, Lampart and Rooney - not really upstanding at all.

I'd give it to Barry - he can lead - after all he captained Villa for a fair few years, and seems to have secured his place in the team. I've nagging doubts as to whether he's a big enough "name" to command the respect of the players or certain enough to start, but feel he's the closest we've got to someone fulfilling both criteria.

Why bother with this, John Terry is a good footballer and that is what he gets paied for, so who gives a f.u.k what he does outside the field, as long he performes on the field.

One more thing Rio as captain, that is a fu..ing joke, he is so poor, his form this year has been terrible.

But he's still going to play, so what's the difference?

Simply being the captain and having lied to every single one of the members of the squad just destroys the trust they had in him. Captain's lead by example. Who would follow a liar and a cheat? As a player, he is just another member of the squad.

Archived