BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Terry

Ricky

I think that in these situations the whole thing should be kept confidential until completed and any action decided. It would preserve the reputation of the innocently accused, and probably mean more of these incidents were brought forward for judgement and dealt with correctly and not in front of a media circus.

In Terrys case if found guilty, he should be banned for the maximum allowed time, and never allowed to represent his country again. If Ferdinand is found as making spurious allegations then he should be given the same punishment. Any case where the outcome is not ascertained neither party is punished.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evra has previous. He used the race card before and the FA found no proof.

What exactly do you want the FA to do about it? It's Suarez's word against Evra's, and if there's no witnesses or visual evidence, then Suarez is innocent till proven guilty.

Also, what if Evra was proven to be a liar? Should he be banned for slander?

Yes. And extreme unsportsmanlike conduct.

What happened to Diouf when he accused an Everton fan of throwing a banana at him? A precedent already exists, I am sure there are more examples.

If I’m caught chanting racists songs or using racist comments in any football ground in the country I’m banned for 3yrs and have my passport taken away when England play. I’ll also probably lose my job and basically have my life turned upside down.

If Terry is found to be guilty of the same, the same should be afforded to him, he should be banned from playing football in this country and be sacked simple as that.

The football authorities have been hiding from this topic for years, look at the Evra stuff, they have no idea how to deal with it so try to hide it. I’m convinced Evra hasn’t made this stuff up, his body language spoken volumes IMO, so Suarez should be sacked and banned also if found guilty, but don’t reply on the football association to act anytime soon.

Best post I've seen on the topic, really sums up the problems and lack of fairness/consistency in the current system.

The Black List Awards. What's that all about?

Indeed. Be fun to have awards for whites only and for which any blacks would not be allowed to enter in order to even it up this public display of anti white racism.

Just got a text... Breaking news!!!!

John Terry has again totally denied racially abusing Anton Ferdinand saying that he has too much respect for a fellow professional to even contemplate such a thing. ..... However he has not ruled out sha**ing his wife.

^_^

Just got a text... Breaking news!!!!

John Terry has again totally denied racially abusing Anton Ferdinand saying that he has too much respect for a fellow professional to even contemplate such a thing. ..... However he has not ruled out sha**ing his wife.

^_^

Brilliant!

Indeed. Be fun to have awards for whites only and for which any blacks would not be allowed to enter in order to even it up this public display of anti white racism.

I know, right? How can you campaign against racism and promote equality whilst having an awards do catered specifically for black people? That's some dumbass logic there, folks.

Another day goes by and John Terry is still a ****.

Anton Ferdinand has been great throughout this saga, the kick racism out of football t-shirt before the spurs game was fantastic, we now need strong leadership and a swift outcome.

Terry has not been found guilty yet.

I hope that the FA are not taken in by the media frenzy surrounding this and give him a fair trial.

Suarez is charged with the same thing but there has hardly been any mention of it.

Surely he should be treated as any other person would. As someone stated earlier a fan at a ground could face a 3 year banning order so why should he be different!

Exactly, I'd be banned, you'd be banned, so Terry should also be banned. I have no doubt in my mind he's guilty, let's see what the authorities do about it......

What was that chant?

Apparently sang:

'You know what you are' at Anton Ferdinand.

At best they mean 'liar' but I think they have a more sinister meaning behind it... despite Chelsea's many black players :wacko:

• Moderation Lead

Apparently sang:

'You know what you are' at Anton Ferdinand.

At best they mean 'liar' but I think they have a more sinister meaning behind it... despite Chelsea's many black players :wacko:

I think this could be easily turned against Terry on Saturday :P

• 2 weeks later...

In Terry's case, the police are involved in an investigation as well but yes, the FA or the Police, it should not take long to judge. But there are 2 authorities looking at these allegations.

Suarez I'm hearing bagged 4 goals vs. Chile in a qualifier Friday, I have not read the story myself. Evra has been involved in incidences before. Suarez said if nothing is found on him doing wrong, Evra should apologise.

• Backroom

Evra has been involved in incidences before.

I've heard this multiple times, but can't remember such an incidence. Can somebody link me to another case involving Evra claiming somebody was racist to him?

I've heard this multiple times, but can't remember such an incidence. Can somebody link me to another case involving Evra claiming somebody was racist to him?

I hear references to it:

Editing this, this article seems to have the most talking about 2 or 3 prior incidences: http://www.thisisanfield.com/2011/10/suarez-denies-evras-racist-claims/

There was, of course, the infamous incident in Manchester United's warm down at Chelsea between Evra and one of the Stamford Bridge groundstaff, which ended with an unseemly melee. - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2049816/Graham-Poll-Patrice-Evra--Luis-Suarez-racism-row.html

This is the incident people refer to though this paragraph does not make it very clear. I guess there was an incident between one of the groundstaff and Evra.

More articles on this today yet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2061278/Luis-Suarez-Patrice-Evra-claims-racist-South-America.html

Maybe Suarez was saying something in Spanish. Still, to anyone I'd ever be playing against, profanity and all other words, I'd be careful of. I also know when the playing is hard out there, bad pass, etc. an expletive might slip but name calling on anything, I'd want to stay away from.

Archived