BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Terry

Ricky

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well bryan, you are supporting a club, which, at the moment is paying a wife beater, a guy who threatened a former teammate to kill him, (seem to recall rumours of a knife involved, but im not sure), had a bust up with a ball-boy-!! and has the awesome nickname spit.. So how about you wrote a letter to jonh williams, explaining the puritan beliefs you have and why you wont be supporting a club, which pays criminals huge amount of money.

I have puritannical beliefs because I don't go around shagging women behind my wife's back? That's fantastic, not quite a true representation of my views.

I think the man's a scumbag, I've not seen you dispute anything that's in the 'papers, so you must think it's all OK then? I don't know him personally, do I need to? Do you think there's some information that I'm missing, that Osama bin Laden held a gun to his head and made him burn £50 notes?

I'm not happy about Diouf playing for my club, but why are you asking me to write to John Williams? I haven't written to the Chelsea chief executive, so what are you going on about?

I've made my position clear, I think he's a scumbag - do you disagree with that? The fact that another scumbag plays for my club doesn't make my viewpoint ambiguous, I didn't sign him.

If your captain is screwing team mate wives, then he's not worthy of leading.

You need to trust and admire your captain, I bet theres no one at Chelsea who will do so now.

And supposedly Bridge and Terry were good mates, I doubt they are now

When he sleeped with this lady, was she still with his best friend? I've read a story which implied not, which means I may have been a little harsh in my opinion. Still not captain material, but not absolute scum.

So you can sh1t on your wife but you cannot sh1t on your mate!!!

I like your style smoss. ^_^

'Bryan'

I have puritannical beliefs because I don't go around shagging women behind my wife's back? That's fantastic, not quite a true representation of my views.

nope you have puritanic beliefs, because you are willing to crusify someone, based on your moral beliefs. With a minimal amount of knowledge about them.

I think the man's a scumbag, I've not seen you dispute anything that's in the 'papers, so you must think it's all OK then? I don't know him personally, do I need to? Do you think there's some information that I'm missing, that Osama bin Laden held a gun to his head and made him burn £50 notes?

since you wrote "i must think its okay" it seems you are willing to throw accusations in someone direction without proof..? i guess your moral high ground, doesnt prevent that type of behaviour.

I'm not happy about Diouf playing for my club, but why are you asking me to write to John Williams? I haven't written to the Chelsea chief executive, so what are you going on about?

what a weak response to the diouf dilemma. YOU support a team who pays a criminal huge money, but cant handle terry´s actions. Well threatening another man(maybe with a knife), beating your wife and verbally abusing a ball boy, is to me, much worse then what terry has done. What a weak set of moral you got then.

its you, who wants to play the role of judge judy, then follow through.. blasting terry one minute, while the next, supporting a club who pays criminals, that doesnt seem coherant.

I've made my position clear, I think he's a scumbag - do you disagree with that? The fact that another scumbag plays for my club doesn't make my viewpoint ambiguous, I didn't sign him.

he MIGHT be a scumbag, he MIGHT not be.. Im not prepared to crusify a person, based upon a couple of minor mistakes, but then again im no puritan.

burning notes, get the (Please don't use that word again) out of here, its his money, if he wants to show of in town, so ###### what..?

you have admitted to not knowing him, but yet classes him as a scumbag, thats impessive.

nope you have puritanic beliefs, because you are willing to crusify someone, based on your moral beliefs. With a minimal amount of knowledge about them.

you have admitted to not knowing him, but yet classes him as a scumbag, thats impessive.

Yeah! I'm one of those binge-drinking, sex-outside-of-marriage puritans! They're two-a-penny round my way.

Thing is, I know more about John Terry, (because his priapic, binge-drinking, loutish, unfaithful behaviour regularly gets into the 'papers) than you know about me (which you have based on my posts on this forum, so you have a minimal amount of knowledge about me).

he MIGHT be a scumbag, he MIGHT not be.. Im not prepared to crusify a person, based upon a couple of minor mistakes, but then again im no puritan.

burning notes, get the (Please don't use that word again) out of here, its his money, if he wants to show of in town, so ###### what..?

He IS a scumbag and it IS crucify. But it doesn't matter what we think because this is just a messageboard full of opinions. What matters, if he remains England captain (couldn't give a toss about Chelsea), is whether he will be able to inspire, motivate and lead the rest of the players. I think not.

And in answer to those who ask about footballers being role models. Well, they don't necessarily have to be. But if you are going to take the sponsors money then you are going to have to behave in a certain way. Companies sponsor sportsmen because they think people will buy more product. They are the ones that will crucify Terry for something like this - see Tiger Woods for example...

Yeah! I'm one of those binge-drinking, sex-outside-of-marriage puritans! They're two-a-penny round my way.

Thing is, I know more about John Terry, (because his priapic, binge-drinking, loutish, unfaithful behaviour regularly gets into the 'papers) than you know about me (which you have based on my posts on this forum, so you have a minimal amount of knowledge about me).

your vast amount of knowledge, is based upon newspapers.? You might aswell have pulled out the wikipedia card..!

My "judging" of you bryan, is in no way different, then your judgmeent of terry. Well at least ive had some sort of conversation with you, which cant be said with you and terry.

Have a good game mate, ill jump of the terry ship now :D

I don't get this whole infatuation with sports people. People say they're supposed to be role models, but they're not, they are just people who excel at a particular sport. They are no more a role model than some random neighbour down the street. I like Samba because he's huge and he looks like he's going to f**k sh*t up if you give him the wrong look, not because he has good family values and donates to charities.

The fact we live in a society that presents overpaid immature sports people and overindulged Z-list celebrities as role models worries me far more than John Terry's overactive gentialia. Those of us who are parents on this MB - do we really and honestly say to our kids "you need to be just like the England footie captain if you want to get on in life"? Do we not try to be a role model ourselves - treating our partners with respect, knowing right from wrong, not sleeping with the neighbours wife/husband/dog/camel (delete what isn't your fancy) etc. etc.?

The proposition that John Terry in some way should be looked up to by my or anybody else's children is truly bizarre. If they weren't put on a pedestal we wouldn't need to be disappointed by behaviour that is typical of many young men & women who perhaps have been brought up with reference points/role models that are highly questionable - Kerry Katona & John Terry rather than Mum & Dad, for example - and seem to believe that talent, application, practice, and a set of moral values come second to getting you t**ts out in public, burning money when others are dying of hunger and behaving like a big spoilt kid which is exactly what they are. Role models? PAH - don't make me laugh!!

Next to this implication of the values we hold as a society, John Terry and his record of behaviour is a mere bagatelle that barely warrants debate.

For the record, should he be England captain? Probably not as he showed he lacked big match temperament when he missed "that" penalty in the Champs League final against Man U, but what do I know about football - I've been a Rovers fan for 35 years!!

He IS a scumbag and it IS crucify. But it doesn't matter what we think because this is just a messageboard full of opinions. What matters, if he remains England captain (couldn't give a toss about Chelsea), is whether he will be able to inspire, motivate and lead the rest of the players. I think not.

And in answer to those who ask about footballers being role models. Well, they don't necessarily have to be. But if you are going to take the sponsors money then you are going to have to behave in a certain way. Companies sponsor sportsmen because they think people will buy more product. They are the ones that will crucify Terry for something like this - see Tiger Woods for example...

crucify it is, but english is not my first language, perhaps we should switch to danish..? så kan jeg korrigere dine fejl og indtage rollen som forummets skolelærer.?

crucify it is, but english is not my first language, perhaps we should switch to danish..? så kan jeg korrigere dine fejl og indtage rollen som forummets skolelærer.?

Well you've done pretty well then I'll give you that. And if I ever come on a Danish messageboard I'll give it a go ;)

Jeg ville være en fattig skolelærer

How's that?

The fact we live in a society that presents overpaid immature sports people and overindulged Z-list celebrities as role models worries me far more than John Terry's overactive gentialia.

But you don't know him personally, so apparently you can't judge him.

I know it's been splashed all over the 'papers, but it's probably just made up.

Or maybe this woman held a knife to poor old John's throat and forced him to have an affair.

All very plausible, and let's face it, this man is an exemplar of gentlemanly behaviour, a paragon of virtue, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

Right, time to sort out my dinner. Hmmmm, I think raw parsnip for tea again, lovely.

Well you've done pretty well then I'll give you that. And if I ever come on a Danish messageboard I'll give it a go ;)

Jeg ville være en fattig skolelærer

How's that?

it´s not only written in danish, its also excellent danish-like humor :lol:

But you don't know him personally, so apparently you can't judge him.

Totally agree - so what on earth are we doing presenting him and his ilk as role models for our children?

Prefer raw sprouts to parsnip, but enjoy anyway

Didn't he also get done for peeing at the bar in a night club instead of using the toilet?

Always thought he was a k**b, and is exactly the reason why I can't stand the national side anymore, him Lampard, A Cole and J Cole, all tossers.

Is Terry classed as one of the "Golden Generation"? :rolleyes: That lot that embarrassed the country at the last World Cup and then didn't have the decency to come home, keep a low profile and repair their reputation? Some of whom chose instead to earn a few quid out of England's humiliation by publishing books about their abject peformances and have their tacky, gauche weddings splashed all over trashy celebrity magazines (that sh1thead Cashley Cole)?

Stopped bothering about England (despite the appointment of the dignified Capello)since and wont be bothering this summer as long as the likes of Terry and Cole are involed.

You guys sum up my feelings on the national team, and I'm glad I'm not the only one. Throw in Rooney, Ferdinand, Gerrard into the mix of shame too. They're hardly ambassadors for the country, and it's hard to wish success on such a bunch of louts, even if they are representing my country. I still watch England, but to be honest, it's to be with my mates rather than any interest in the national team.

As for he whole role model debate, as a teacher, whether rightly or wrongly, I can say most definately that football stars and celebrities are viewed as role models and have a massive effect on the kids. Not saying this is right or anything like that - in fact it seems pretty disasterous in my book - but regardless of the rights and wrongs, they most definately do have a huge influence on children thanks to the media. You don't need to be the sharpest knife in the drawer to work this out and I'm sure footballers and celebrities know they are role models. Heck otherwise they wouldn't get the sponsorship endorsements etc. that they do, especially outside of their area of expertise.

I'd say knowing that they are role models, even before you factor in that they benefit hugely through it through sponsorship deals, it does put an obligaiton on players to behave with a modicum of decency. They don't have to be perfect or anything, but it'd be nice to see Terry and the like at least try and live up to this responsibility.

I wonder what affect this will have on Chelsea's season?

Two points in the Mail's piece I agreed with:

1. If senior players in the England team (and they're hardly angels) feel they can no longer trust him to be their captain, then take the armband off him. If the England players are happy with him to carry on as skipper, then he should keep it.

2. They quoted an anonymous source close to Terry as saying he's never heard the word 'no' in his life.

Archived