BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Time Up Pompey?

Stuart

maybe Nicko can clear this point up for us check out the link below:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Dindane-closes-on-Pompey-move-article312575.html

I don't understand this bit "Aruna has officially made his number of games, the transfer fee has to begin to be paid in this beginning of February.

"But a club that recruits two players at the last minute is a club that will bounce back."

that last bit I know they bought 2 loan players at the end of the windowhow does that mean they will bounce back obviously more money has to go out towards players wages and it says he will now become a permanent pompey player but have pompey paid the outstanding 3.5m for his services to Lens? & has he played the required number of games also in the above articles it says if given breathing space by HM Revenue and Customs over the £7.5m debt question: are pompey challenging that claim?

The original £17m loan was secured against the stadium. If he owned the ground, as well as the club and all its assets, administration might not be so painful for Chainrai. Whoever ends up buying the club out of administration would need somewhere to play and Chainrai could recoup his money and more by selling the ground back again

by the above statement does that mean that this joker now owns the club,ground,assest? if so could he sell off players and other things behind the manager's back? also who would want to buy pompey out of administration with the club in such a mess?

Chainrai, 51, said: 'I have zero interest in buying Portsmouth and it's completely untrue that I am the new owner of the club. I don't get this statement is he the owner or not?

Portsmouth are £60m pounds in debt and due to appear before the High Court next week to face a winding up order issued by HM Revenue and Customs over an unpaid tax bill of £11m pounds. I thought they owed the taxman 7.5 million what is the exact amount they owe HMRC?

Amazingly Chainrai claims he will have no trouble finding a buyer.

'Believe me, someone will come in and buy this club,' he added. 'This is Premier League football we are talking about. We are eagerly looking for an investor to come in and take over.

Desirable: Chainrai insists he will easily find a buyer

'I don't have a time frame to find a prospective buyer. I would like to have one here today if I could, but we'll just have to wait

the above statements make no sense whatsoever if he has no problem finding a buyer why hasn't he up to now? and he does not have a timeframe to find a buyer I thought the winding up order was for tuesday next week hardly a long time frame to find a buyer

also in the above article:

THE plug looks set to be pulled on Portsmouth tomorrow - after the debt-ridden club failed to pay their overdue electricity bill.

Their power suppliers have issued a threat to cut off the club's Wellington training facilities if Pompey's outstanding debt is not settled.

how much is their overdue electricity bill?

Portsmouth are £60m in debt and have been unable to pay players and staff on time for the past five months.

I thought they were only late four times when paying players and staff

Hong Kong money lender Balram Chainrai this week seized control of the ailing Fratton Park outfit after owner Ali Al Faraj failed to repay a £17m loan.

I thought they had to repay 11million what is the exact figure?

And the club's plight has been highlighted by January transfer target Nyron Nosworthy revealing how he snubbed Pompey in favour of dropping down to the Championship.

Nosworthy, who left Sunderland to join cash-strapped Sheffield United for the rest of the season, was wanted by Pompey.

And they were prepared to pay a £250,000 loan fee to land him.

if they can't even attract a player like Nosworthy what chance do they have also they were willing to pay a £250,000 loan fee what were they going to pay this with? magic beans also was there a loan fee involved when they got the former arsenal striker owusu abeyie? where do they get all this dosh from? is this just all talk and a play for time to stop going out of business

also I hear on wednesday they have to pay the 3.5 million loan fee for Aruna Dindane as well as the winding up order from HMRC on the same day if they fail to pay either would that mean Dindane would have to go back to Lens? and would they be able to sell him on as a special case all this talk from Pompey's men sounds a lot like a load of BS and would that mean we could bid to bring the player here Nicko what would be the next step if Pompey do not meet the 3.5M for dindane by wednesday what could Lens do?

thanks as ever for your help Nicko

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shows how boring the prem league has become when the likes of pompeys power supply has become a talking point, if its any condolence to pompey when I moved into the house I currently live in it took 3 days to get the power on for reasons unknown to man.

Never read so many books by torchlight :blink:

Portsmouth are close to a deal to avoid being wound up

It does annoy me quite a bit that they might come out of all this BS scot-free especially when you see clubs conducting business properly and spending within their means.

I know its a hypothetical question that probably can't be answered but if it was us in this situation would we get the same support/amount of chances to get out of this mess that Pompey have?

I'm in two minds over this. If Pompey go bust it might help bring the PL to its senses and be the catalyst for serious longterm change without which the game in this country will eventually implode and collapse at the highest level. On the otherhand Pompey owe you and me, the taxpayer, £7.5m so why the hell should we be funding the club? Portsmouth FC is no better than hundreds of other businesses that fail to pay their taxes and I feel HMRC are right to pursue them to the very end in order to receive cash due to the government and therefore effectively all of us.

They'll almost certainly "get away" with this.

Annoying since Rovers have to walk a tightrope to stay within their means.

There should be at least some consequences to the way they've mis-managed the club. Perhaps a points deduction...

Talks with the Revenue collapsed so it will be decided in Court.

Pompey not helped by the fact three other clubs face winding ups today including Cardiff.

Only emotion swaying the High Court can save them now.

The court judgement may make interesting reading. Especially if they mantion how the club got into debt in the first place, players wages etc. Maybe a shot across the bows for all football clubs. As you mentioned there are other clubs in court today. Football could be in line for a long over due shake up.

Surely the case will simply be adjourned.... as seems to be the norm in first hearings?

For that to happen HMRC would have to agree to an adjournment? I get the impression HMRC are tired of talking to Portsmouth, and football clubs in general, and may well decide to play hard ball.

For that to happen HMRC would have to agree to an adjournment? I get the impression HMRC are tired of talking to Portsmouth, and football clubs in general, and may well decide to play hard ball.

I think the HMRC are pushing for pompey to be wound up. It looks like from their point of view, enough is enough. What with other clubs in simular positions, man u and liverpool and west Ham massively in debt who can blame them.

I hope that this is just the start of a big big shake up for football, the start of creating a level playing field - sadly it is only a hope and not a reality.

It has been reported on sky that Palace have a about 20 parties interested in taking them over. It makes you wonder if that is true why these so called interested parties allowed the club to go into administration and not come in earlier and took the club over.

Strangely it loks like when a club is in serious money trouble people come forward interested in taking over the club. But when a club is not in trouble, like Rovers, nobody is interested. A strange world we live in.

Bad position to be in for pompey supporters. If the club folds will they start going to southampton? Imagine us being in the same position, would we then support Burnley? (perish the thought)

Pinched this quote from the 'Target's' thread. Got me wondering what would the PL be like post-Pompey.

This would be the situation if all of their results and goals were wiped from the face of the 09/10 season:

PompeyGone3.jpg

The fact that very little really changes shows just how little they've contributed this season.

Would the PL allow them to go under mid-season? Is there any precedent - even across Europe?

Would Sunderland go through to the next round of the FA Cup? Or would Southampton get a bye?

And would we really be sorry this chap institutionalised?

gallery_ii_470x300.jpg

Or, have they turned the corner?

EDIT: Good spot Philip - games played corrected

Can somebody update the table as it looks like doom time for pompey. Sunderland minus one point form last nights game.

Can i just say even tho we have no money im so glad are club are in a much more stable position than Portsmouth. How easy it would be to spend big fro short term success at the risk of the future. Credit is due to the people that run the club that we are nto left in such a sorry state were the club may be gone forever.

Can somebody update the table as it looks like doom time for pompey. Sunderland minus one point form last nights game.

I can't do the fancy table above, but I think the table would stand now as: -

Played Points Difference

Chelsea 24 55 0

Man Utd 23 50 0

Liverpool 24 44 +1

Arsenal 23 43 -1

Man City 23 40 0

Spurs 24 38 0

A Villa 23 38 0

Birmingham 23 34 0

Everton 23 29 +1

Fulham 24 28 -1

Stoke 23 27 0

ROVERS 24 25 0

Sunderland 23 24 0

Wigan 23 24 0

Burnley 24 23 +1

Wolves 23 21 +3

Hull 23 20 -2

Bolton 23 19 -1

West Ham 22 17 -1

Yes there wages are too high and yes they spent to much money. But look at the money they have recouped in the last 24 months!! . It must be the case of greedy owners, stripping the club for every penny.

Lassana Diarra 20 million

Peter Crouch 10 million

Jermain Defoe 15.5 million

Sulley Ali Munatari 15 million

Glen Johnson 18 million

Gary O'Neil 5 million

Matthew Taylor 4 million

Younis kaboul 10 million

Sylvan Distan 3.5 million

Asmir Bergovic 3 million

It has been reported on sky that Palace have a about 20 parties interested in taking them over. It makes you wonder if that is true why these so called interested parties allowed the club to go into administration and not come in earlier and took the club over.

Strangely it loks like when a club is in serious money trouble people come forward interested in taking over the club. But when a club is not in trouble, like Rovers, nobody is interested.

Not strange just hard nosed. Allow a business to go into administration and then buyer it from the administrator is a very normal business practice - for your money, usually relatively little, you get a debt free business or in this case club. Two of my competitors have done the same thing recently.

Yes there wages are too high and yes they spent to much money. But look at the money they have recouped in the last 24 months!!. It must be the case of greedy owners, stripping the club for every penny.

True but you'd have to balance that list against the money paid out in transfer fees, not that I have a clue how much that was.

Yes there wages are too high and yes they spent to much money. But look at the money they have recouped in the last 24 months!! . It must be the case of greedy owners, stripping the club for every penny.

Lassana Diarra 20 million

Peter Crouch 10 million

Jermain Defoe 15.5 million

Sulley Ali Munatari 15 million

Glen Johnson 18 million

Gary O'Neil 5 million

Matthew Taylor 4 million

Younis kaboul 10 million

Sylvan Distan 3.5 million

Asmir Bergovic 3 million

A good half of that would have gone on repaying Pompeys original outlay for those players I would imagine?

Not strange just hard nosed. Allow a business to go into administration and then buyer it from the administrator is a very normal business practice - for your money, usually relatively little, you get a debt free business or in this case club. Two of my competitors have done the same thing recently.

True but you'd have to balance that list against the money paid out in transfer fees, not that I have a clue how much that was.

On the Defoe, Diarra, Muntari and Kaboul deals their is something like 30 million profit. This my be an estimation at this stage, but I would hazard a guess that over the past 3-4 seasons, Pompey will have a large net positive from transfer dealings.

Archived