BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 4 8 15 16 23 42

RM: Regarding Jack I'm really not sure. Some are saying that it appears intentional, others that it's just a coincidence. He certainly seemed like he didn't recognise himself in the plane toilet.

That's an interesting take on it. Could be. I thought he was perplexed about the cut on his neck. Was this a flesh wound from one of the bullets fired at him and Sayid? It'd be quite odd if one minute you are on a plane, then a short bit of turbulence later you've a bullet wound!

Good spot Rovermatt about the haircut. Continuity error or deliberate. You'd think that the producers would know how much fans would read into every frame that they'd be pretty careful. If pre-turbulence was "before season 1" and post-turbulence was "after season 5", his hair should have grown instantly for this to be deliberate?

Is it Friday yet?! :D

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone also notice how Desmond dissapeared from the plane when Jack retook his seat after helping Charlie? That would add even more weight to the moving between different times/worlds.

IMO Jisty, and I read this somewhere online so can't claim it, Jacob has now taken the form of Sayid. I think this will be confirmed in the near future and would make sense given his nemesis did this but with Locke.

Whether he's the bad one I haven't a clue.

RM: Regarding Jack I'm really not sure. Some are saying that it appears intentional, others that it's just a coincidence. He certainly seemed like he didn't recognise himself in the plane toilet.

I don't think anything the writers and producers do is just co-incidence.

Haven't read it yet, but this is always one of my favorite re-cap columns:

Linky, linky

• Backroom

Was there some significance in the fact that Jack's hair was longer when he was on the plane in the most recent episode but he had a buzz-cut in the first episode when they crashed on the island?

I think its just continuity, also Charlie had longer blonde hair in season one and Sawyer had shorter hair.

• 2 weeks later...

So they're all candidates to replace Jacob... If you believe Locke's alter-ego.

The 6 left are:

4 = John Locke

8 = Hugo

15 = Sawyer

16 = Sayid

23 = Jack

42 = Jin or Sun (Kwon)

Now what??

And why doesn't Kate have a number? She met Jacob too...

• Backroom

Awesome episode, seems that any Locke episode are always good.

More Locke and Sawyer and less Jack and Kate makes for better episodes.

Rose and Bernard were on the plane and not dead so they should be up there too although we never saw them meet Jacob but we didn't see Jacob meet all the crossed out names either.

The 6 left are:

4 = John Locke

8 = Hugo

15 = Sawyer

16 = Sayid

23 = Jack

42 = Jin or Sun (Kwon)

Now what??

First one got crossed out...

The 6 left are:

4 = John Locke

8 = Hugo

15 = Sawyer

16 = Sayid

23 = Jack

42 = Jin or Sun (Kwon)

Now what??

I too was left wondering why Locke Mrk II didn’t mention Kate. She is by far the most selfish, deceptive and self-interested of all the people on the list- maybe that's why she hasn't got a number.The scribbling out of those numbers, was Obviously those that have been eliminated.

Furthermore, during series 3- I recollect the others stating that “Shepard wasn’t on Jaocob’s list” - maybe the Shepard etched in the cave is Christian rather than Jack?

Does anyone have any theories on who the child was that kept on appearing in the jungle? Jacob? What symbolism was attached to Locke Mark II throwing the light coloured stone off the scales?

• Backroom

The light stone was just to show Jacob is dead remember when Jacob Dressed in White and the man in black were sat on the beach next to the statue they've played on the dark vs light or good vs evil thing

the kid could be old Aaron or young Jacob

If the Shephard was Christian, wouldn't he have been crossed out? Also they showed a flashback of when Jacob met Jack.

Old Aaron? Hadn't thought of that one. Possible. I did think it was Jacob though.

Why has Sawyer been selected by New Locke? Who's cave is it?

Richard warned Sawyer about New Locke wanting to kill everyone but he's trying to get Sawyer to leave the island with him. Sounds dodgy.

And I'm still not sure who's good and who's bad.

I'm loving Lost more and more each series, it's now becoming obvious they had a plan from day 1 !

I won't bore you with the dozens of theories I've read, but I'll point all fans to this

http://lostpedia.wikia.com

Especially the analysis of every episode and the associated fan theory pages.

One thing I'd missed completely was the repeat references to bible stories. Jack's Dad died 3 days prior to the island, where he was seen (by Jack at least) to have risen again ... his name CHRISTIAN SHEPHERD. This week, to get to Jacob's cave (which is plainly the cave of the nemesis/smoke monster/fake locke not Jacob) there was a lot of exposition involving JACOB'S LADDER. There is also the fact that nemesis/smoke monster/fake locke believes people can always be corrupted where as Jacob believes that given freewill, people are naturally good.

Personally I think nemesis/smoke monster/fake locke is a fallen angel, trapped on the island, with Jacob tasked to watch over him. He's now looking for a loop hole that allow him to return to heaven (like the plot of Dogma).

Another great theory from lostpedia that makes sense is the flash-sideways time line ISN'T the result of jughead exploding at the swan (thus resulting in no plane crash) but is in fact the time line that would have played out if Jacob hadn't have "touched them" in the past.

Oh and I doubt Jacob is dead (otherwise why would Illana bother picking up his ashes), I imagine Ben fatally wounded him, but it was nemesis/smoke monster/fake locke kicking him in the fire that killed him (this breaking the rules).

After Juliet exploded the bomb they were set back to the future but created a new space-time continuum..

Great Scott!

Branching from the bomb doesn't make sense, so many events from prior to the crash that don't involve people who'd previously had contact with the island

Why does Locke now get on with his dad ? Why are Sun and Jin no longer married ? Why is hugo now lucky ? Why is Sawyer and Locke both less angry ? Why does Kate claim she's now innocent ?

Nah, I'm convinced the bomb is a red herring is the flash side-ways is what would have happened without Jacob's interference.

Richard warned Sawyer about New Locke wanting to kill everyone but he's trying to get Sawyer to leave the island with him. Sounds dodgy.

And I'm still not sure who's good and who's bad.

My theory is that nemesis/smoke monster/fake locke's loop whole is that he brings about the end of the world some how (getting all the right numbered people on or off the island at the same time maybe, or possibly killing them all).

It seems to be anyone predominately shot in dark colours (clothes etc) is one side, and anyone shown in light colours is white. Whilst it seems that Jacobs side = white = good, I'm not ruling out a plot twist where jacob turns out to be the baddy.

The light stone was just to show Jacob is dead remember when Jacob Dressed in White and the man in black were sat on the beach next to the statue they've played on the dark vs light or good vs evil thing

Whilst it's got much more evident in the last 2 series, the light vs dark thing goes back to the pilot with Locke explaining backgammon to Walt.

the kid could be old Aaron or young Jacob

That's what I think. I think it's possible that Aaron IS Jacob.

I too was left wondering why Locke Mrk II didn’t mention Kate. She is by far the most selfish, deceptive and self-interested of all the people on the list- maybe that's why she hasn't got a number.The scribbling out of those numbers, was Obviously those that have been eliminated.

Elminated, or discounted as Jacob's successor ?

Furthermore, during series 3- I recollect the others stating that “Shepard wasn’t on Jaocob’s list” - maybe the Shepard etched in the cave is Christian rather than Jack?

Isn't Aaron technically a Shepard too (if not in name).

What symbolism was attached to Locke Mark II throwing the light coloured stone off the scales?

Battle represent the battle for dominance between him and Jacob, launching the stone symbolises the fact he thinks he's one.

• Backroom

Whilst it's got much more evident in the last 2 series, the light vs dark thing goes back to the pilot with Locke explaining backgammon to Walt.

I'm still intreagued by 'Adam and Eve' in series 1, remember the bodies they found with the black and white stones?

Last season I was sure it would end up being Rose and Bernard but now I'm not so sure.

Also is Alpert someone from the Black Rocks original crew?

There is a lot of questions that need answering but I think some will be left unanswered like how Walt had some weird attributes (remember the bird crashing into the window etc)

I agree about the plan from series 1, at times it hasn't seemed like it but remember when someone was hiding and saw The Others walk past in rags, that hasn't been addressed or even mentioned til lthe pilot of this series.

It's never been stated the Richard arrived on the Black Rock (or that the ship Jacob and his nemesis watched coming to the island was the Black Rock) but there have been several hints in that direction.

I've also wondered if the opening shots of the island being underwater at the start of this season could explain how the Black Rock was found so far from the shore. Although the same shot showing Dharma buildings and the Dharma shark imply not.

Here's a "real life" bit of trivia from lostpedia

"Albert Richardson" was the name of the real-life first mate on the Mary Celeste. The Mary Celeste was a merchant ship famously discovered in 1872 in the Atlantic Ocean unmanned and apparently abandoned, in spite of the fact that the weather was fine and all crew had been experienced and able seamen. The Black Rock has a similar mysterious reputation in the Lost universe.

Branching from the bomb doesn't make sense, so many events from prior to the crash that don't involve people who'd previously had contact with the island

Why does Locke now get on with his dad ? Why are Sun and Jin no longer married ? Why is hugo now lucky ? Why is Sawyer and Locke both less angry ? Why does Kate claim she's now innocent ?

Nah, I'm convinced the bomb is a red herring is the flash side-ways is what would have happened without Jacob's interference.

Surely the bomb went off in the 70s causing the island to sink underwater at the same time the Losties were transported into the future? If not the bomb then what?

Are you suggesting that Jacob's 'death' meant he couldn't travel back in time to 'interfere' with the Losties? But yet you don't believe Jacob is dead? What else prevented him going back?

I'm not convinced of ANYTHING at the moment Glenn! Lost is appropriate.

EDIT: the bit in bold, I don't fully understand. Plus, me and the missus didn't spot the Locke getting on with his dad part nor Sun and Jin not being married. ?

• Backroom

Also regarding Locke if I remember right was Jill just taking him for a ride in his initial timeline? They weren't together still I know that much.

Happy lucky Hurley is awesome though

Surely the bomb went off in the 70s causing the island to sink underwater at the same time the Losties were transported into the future? If not the bomb then what?

Are you suggesting that Jacob's 'death' meant he couldn't travel back in time to 'interfere' with the Losties? But yet you don't believe Jacob is dead? What else prevented him going back?

I'm not convinced of ANYTHING at the moment Glenn! Lost is appropriate.

EDIT: the bit in bold, I don't fully understand. Plus, me and the missus didn't spot the Locke getting on with his dad part nor Sun and Jin not being married. ?

I never said all my theories fit together !

Sun is called "Mrs Paik" when Jin was arrested at the airport (she also may not no English now ... or may be faking). Also related, on the flight that didn't crash, Desmond had no wedding ring implying in the flash sideways he's not with penny.

I wasn't saying the the flash-sideways came about because of Jacob's death ... but that's an interesting theory :)

... and you're right about the island sinking as a result of the bomb, kinda obvious.

Also regarding Locke if I remember right was Jill just taking him for a ride in his initial timeline? They weren't together still I know that much.

Happy lucky Hurley is awesome though

I thought Jill made him choose between her and getting revenge on his father ?

I never said all my theories fit together !

Sun is called "Mrs Paik" when Jin was arrested at the airport (she also may not no English now ... or may be faking). Also related, on the flight that didn't crash, Desmond had no wedding ring implying in the flash sideways he's not with penny.

I wasn't saying the the flash-sideways came about because of Jacob's death ... but that's an interesting theory :)

... and you're right about the island sinking as a result of the bomb, kinda obvious.

I think a lot depends on what triggered the time travel / plane not to crash.

If Jacob never went back and interfered, then everything could have changed. If it was the bomb then all events leading up not the plane not crashing on the island should be the same. The fact that Jack, Locke, and Kate - at least - are still in the same situations suggests not much had changed up to that point.

Hurley is a strange one maybe the lack of plane crash was enough to stop him believing he was bad luck. Plus he still won the lottery which means he still got the numbers somehow. Sun's name is odd though. I'll keep an eye out for that!

I think we are starting to see things off the island which happened on-island in series one. Fate course-correcting.

The other others are a bit of a mystery though.

I think a lot depends on what triggered the time travel / plane not to crash.

If Jacob never went back and interfered, then everything could have changed. If it was the bomb then all events leading up not the plane not crashing on the island should be the same. The fact that Jack, Locke, and Kate - at least - are still in the same situations suggests not much had changed up to that point.

Hurley is a strange one maybe the lack of plane crash was enough to stop him believing he was bad luck. Plus he still won the lottery which means he still got the numbers somehow. Sun's name is odd though. I'll keep an eye out for that!

I think we are starting to see things off the island which happened on-island in series one. Fate course-correcting.

The other others are a bit of a mystery though.

Locke and possibly Kate are different though. Locke is still with Helen (why did we think she was called Jill :s) and is happy enough to invite his father to his wedding and have is a picture of them together on his desk. He's also much less depressed and open to the ideas than before. Kate is now claiming she is innocent, something she never did before (although this could be a lie). However, it is possible though the the events of the flash-sideways are going to resolve to the same point as the real time line (thus proving people don't have free will after all).

Talking on the flash-sideways have you spotted minor characters are popping in, Ethan delivers Kate's baby, the temp agency woman that interviews Locke before Rose is the tarot card reader who read Hurley's card and got "the numbers" followed by death. (I didn't spot this, I read it on lostpedia).

Locke and possibly Kate are different though. Locke is still with Helen (why did we think she was called Jill :s) and is happy enough to invite his father to his wedding and have is a picture of them together on his desk. He's also much less depressed and open to the ideas than before. Kate is now claiming she is innocent, something she never did before (although this could be a lie). However, it is possible though the the events of the flash-sideways are going to resolve to the same point as the real time line (thus proving people don't have free will after all).

Talking on the flash-sideways have you spotted minor characters are popping in, Ethan delivers Kate's baby, the temp agency woman that interviews Locke before Rose is the tarot card reader who read Hurley's card and got "the numbers" followed by death. (I didn't spot this, I read it on lostpedia).

Yeah. Spotted Ethan but not the tarot reader. Does that mean they never went to the island (because it wasn't there) and are they still incidental and we're just seeing that they could have been good members of society? My gut feeling is of something more sinister but what? Never trusted Ethan.

Archived