BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

It surprises me that Inter wants rid of Santon, being Italian and one of very few own talents Inter have developed in the last years.

Yea, but Rafa is in charge and intent on ballsing everything up it seems!! I'm sure from his time at Liverpool he wasn't bothered much about young talent, unless it was Spanish. He's probably of the same opinion at Inter.

Just watched Stuttgart vs Bayern for the second time in 4 days.

On Sunday it was 5-3 to Bayern, tonight in the cup 6-3 to Bayern! Both pretty decent games with some great goals and terrible defending.

Then Real madrid just been Levante 8-0.

Some crazy scores around in the German and Spanish cups.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sad story, the guy obviously had a few issues going on, lets hope he recovers.

Reminded me slightly of the Stephen Ireland incident, although he wasn't going through a breakdown, he was just a complete plonker. Unbelieveable how he first lied that his Grandmother had died, then said it was his paternal Grandmother, then saying one of his grandfathers had divorced, and it was his second wife who had died. Only to then come out with saying his girlfriend had a miscarriage, which was found to be a lie also. All just so he didn't have to play for Ireland, for what ever reason.

A private chartered flight was even arranged for him to fly back to Ireland.

Edited by Valois

Hannover 96 0-1 Schlake 04

Hannover 96: Zieler - Cherundolo, Haggui, Pogatetz, C. Schulz - Schmiedebach, Pinto - Schlaudraff, Rausch - Ya Konan , Abdellaoue

Schalke: 04: Neuer - Moritz, Höwedes, Metzelder, Schmitz - Kluge, Rakitic - Farfan, Draxler - Raul - Huntelaar

Attendace: Close to a full capacity of 49000

Bought the tickets at the last minute. Costed €25 for a student ticket. Normally priced between €10-40. Arrived 1 hour before the game and you could hear the fans singing inside the ground almost before you could see the stadium!

First half: Schlake just shaded it. Only goal of the game came from Raul. He was playing in the gap between the number 6 position and the 2 defenders so wasn't man marked. Cross game over and he ran from behind the defender and passed it past the keeper.

Second half: Hannover were all over Schalke but didn't score. Played some nice football but always passed it out to the wings when counter attaking which slowed the play down a bit for the Schalke players to re-group. Their keeper made some great saves and was a typical german keeper. The difference between the two teams was Raul, but if you can afford to pay for a quality striker then you win games like this.

Referee: Schalke had an agenda to stop Ya konan scoring as he is one of the main reasons why Hannover are in second place in the league. The referee wasn't strict enough, infact he was pretty poor, even allowing Raul in the space of 5 seconds, to shout and scream at him, then punch a Hannover defender and not get a red, or even a yellow!

Atmosphere: Amazing, sung the whole way through the game apart from a 5 second pause, which felt odd as it was so quiet. They have a standing section behind the goal where the hardcore fans stand, bounce and sing.

AWD arena: Built for the 2006 world cup. Looks like 2 doughnuts placed ontop of each other. You enter a zone surrounding the ground after being checked for weapons/flares/vodka etc. Almost impossible to spend cash inside the ground and the surrounding area as you buy a card and load it with €'s so you can buy your pretzel, bratwurst and beer. You can also drink in your seats and at the end of the game give your cup back for either your €1 deposit back or give it to a charity stall so they can reclaim the 1€.

P.S. If anyone is interested I can write another review after the next game I attend - hopefully to see Schweine and co. play for Bayern

Edited by incy wincy little spider

. . . you can buy your pretzel, bratwurst and beer. You can also drink in your seats and at the end of the game give your cup back for either your €1 deposit back or give it to a charity stall so they can reclaim the 1€.

I noticed that spectators can't do this in England. Which surprised me as I'm used to being able to sit and watch a game beer in hand in the USA, and thought it it would be even more prevalent in England since England = Pubs = Beer in many American minds.

I think it's only at football games you can't drink alcohol in view of the game. In rugby, cricket etc it's perfectly acceptable.

Indeed. In Feb I'll go to the DW twice - once to watch Rovers, once to watch Wigan rugby. For Rovers I can't drink beer whilst watching the game, for Wigan I can. Annoying.

Anyway, glad that the other leagues have all started back up again.

Dortmund had a little wobble vs Stuttgart yesterday - only 11 points clear now!!

Not looking good for St Pauli though, slipped into the bottom play off place.

Also, there's been very little coverage here (compared to the African Nations anyway) but Australia have made it to the semi-s of the Asian cup. They play Uzbekistan, so you gotta think they should win that! Japan vs Rep. Korea in the other.

Edited by cn174

Also, there's been very little coverage here (compared to the African Nations anyway) but Australia have made it to the semi-s of the Asian cup. They play Uzbekistan, so you gotta think they should win that! Japan vs Rep. Korea in the other.

I find that odd too, I always thought the Copa America was never broadcasted that well here. The African competition is crap in comparison to the Asian and South American ones.