BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

34 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

@chaddyrovers yes, it is inevitable.  Playing against the top teams in Europe week in, week out is just what fans want.  Clubs have not misjudged their fans. These self-interested fan groups now find their agenda exposed and left high and dry.

Look at their fans messageboards, they arent happy and revolting about it. 

These 6 clubs have misjudged what their hardcore fans want. Arsenal and Spurs cant even get top 4 or even top 6 last season.

These supporters trusts groups representing their fans. 

Look at PSG statement is spot on and right. 

19 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

The six from our country have way more fans wanting to attend than they currently have space for. Their grounds will be full for their home matches.

This has the backing of JP Morgan to the tune of 6bn as per Sky Sports News and presumably their arsenal of lawyers.

Will they? 

Just now, Richard Oakley said:

@Miller11Individual teams aren't members of FIFA. That's despite Man Utd having a fanbase numbering 60m.

The general reaction to this  reminds me of the fossils reacting to Kerry Packer who changed cricket for good.

change for a reason is a good thing(cricket at that time needed to modernise) in this instance it`s all about greed and the financiers who are overseeing this charade are completely oblivious to how disastrous it`s going to be for them

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Richard Oakley said:

Just shows the draw that playing the likes of Crystal Palace is.

City couldn't even sale out a Cup semi final a few years back. Manchester City struggling to shift FA Cup semi-final tickets | Daily Mail Online 

In recent years for Champions League games some of the attendance they have got in a 53000 capacity stadium are 40111, 43548, 48520, 45310, 49411, 30270, 45595, 41829 and 43630. So It's nothing to do with the Premier League infact they average higher crowds in the Premiership than they do in the Champions League.

Arsenal over the last few years have also regularly failed to sell out European games but they doctor the figures so that we can't know how low it really is.

• Like 1

You can bet SKY and BT will be against this happening as i can see the big clubs bringing out their own streaming service for the new league and cutting tv partners out of it and keeping 100% of the money for themselves.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

You can bet SKY and BT will be against this happening as i can see the big clubs bringing out their own streaming service for the new league and cutting tv partners out of it and keeping 100% of the money for themselves.

It's really hard to see who will be for this to be honest outside the owners. It seems such a monumentally stupid idea that has 0% chance of succeeding which makes you think some other angle is at play here.

Reckon it could be about extracting more concessions from UEFA in the new format CL. But it could have the effect that UEFA decide to call their bluff.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

@Miller11Individual teams aren't members of FIFA. That's despite Man Utd having a fanbase numbering 60m.

The general reaction to this  reminds me of the fossils reacting to Kerry Packer who changed cricket for good.

I know they aren’t. What I should have said was “do not endorse the league”

Its interesting you mention Man Utd’s 60 million fanbase. Do you consider the opinions on this proposal of all of those 60 million to be equal?

Personally, I think the viewpoint of the little old fella in his 80’s who was born and bred in Stretford and has been going on Old Trafford since the 50s is a lot more important than the guy in the Philippines who since discovering football 8 years ago has a picture of Bruno Fernandez as his Twitter avatar and watches them on telly. It’s pretty obvious which of those hypothetical individuals would support this idea and which would oppose it.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

How wrong you are Richard.I believe the majority of fans of these involved clubs would be up in arms.Many would boycott.

This is going to be very,very interesting all the same.

Match going and long serving fans, yes.

But the last few years had seen a further explosion in plastics, as well as millions of foreign ‘fans’, all fuelled by social media and TV, it’s those fans that will take up the slack when it comes to TV subscription sales and filling the likes of Anfield (and stadia in Riyadh and Doha). Said fans have zero interest in the heritage of the game.

• Like 2

i wonder if there will be rule changes,i.e 4 quarters of 20 minutes to boost advertising,kick off times to suit the japanese and american audiences,abolishing offsides,widening the nets for more goals,bonus points awarded for mvp`s,footballs that  explode into glitter at the final whistle,robot referees and of course the obligatery cheerleaders

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at how fans are reacting from these 6 clubs. They arent happy at all and annoyed at their clubs

Do you not agree with UEFA statement and PSG Comments on this European Super League idea? 

No.

@Ewood AceIt's unlikely that any of the teams haven't gone into this without looking at likely attendances.  Like me, they probably think it will improve. Unlike me, they'll have survey data and match figures for the proposed opposition.

@SIMON GARNERS 194 Yep the charade is over. No more spreading the jam earned by the elite all around europe. Salaries at all levels of football in England outside the premier league are unsustainable, yet I see no socially conscious queue of players demanding wage cuts.

@Miller11 Actually yes, the views of the whole fanbase matters.

A new league set up is not a matter for FIFA nor for UEFA per se. Clubs have to apply to take part in UEFA's club competitions and can withdraw any already lodged. I'd imagine the TV contracts are written in such a way that stop a load of money should certain teams not be in it.

1 minute ago, Richard Oakley said:

No.

It's unlikely that any of the teams haven't gone into this without looking at likely attendances.  Like me, they probably think it will improve. Unlike me, they'll have survey data and match figures for the proposed opposition.

A new league set up is not a matter for FIFA nor for UEFA per se. Clubs have to apply to take part in UEFA's club competitions and can withdraw any already lodged. I'd imagine the TV contracts are written in such a way that stop a load of money should certain teams not be in it.

Why don't you agree with UEFA and PSG statements? Or even Gary Neville's comments?

Supporters from the 6 English football clubs arent happy about these plans. Clearly these 6 clubs owners haven't thoughts about the fanbase one bit. 

UEFA and FIFA can banned these players from Euro and World Cup Competitions tho. Do you think these players don't want to play for their clubs? 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Good chance it’s all a poker move to eke out more from UEFA and the CL. And they can repeat the trick in another five years.

The agreement they'll want from UEFA is guaranteed spots in the CL for the so called big money clubs,no more having to qualify every year for them.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Why don't you agree with UEFA and PSG statements? Or even Gary Neville's comments?

Supporters from the 6 English football clubs arent happy about these plans. Clearly these 6 clubs owners haven't thoughts about the fanbase one bit. 

UEFA and FIFA can banned these players from Euro and World Cup Competitions tho. Do you think these players don't want to play for their clubs? 

I've never agreed with Gary Neville. In current circumstances i wouldn't want teams from France and Germany involved.

Some supporters have come out with their opposition. That's their right. It's also the right of the owners of the clubs to take the decisions in their best interests. Venkys have never taken our views as fans into account.

Clubs have never liked releasing players for international duty.

2 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

I've never agreed with Gary Neville. In current circumstances i wouldn't want teams from France and Germany involved.

Why would you not want Bayern Munich in it? They truly are one of Europe's giant clubs unlike Spurs, Arsenal and Man City or even Chelsea for that matter.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Some supporters have come out with their opposition. That's their right. It's also the right of the owners of the clubs to take the decisions in their best interests. Venkys have never taken our views as fans into account.

You were doing ok until then.

On what logic on is it stats is that view based on?

1 hour ago, Richard Oakley said:

If this year has proved nothing else, it's that you don't need fans in grounds. I think people will travel every other week. Didn't we have one fan who flew in for every home game from Finland?

This is the worst of your comments this evening - which is saying a lot as you've embarrassed yourself.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

No surprise. Neville's comments are correct and right for me. These 6 club owners have over step the mark. Simple as. Very surprised you are endorsing these stupid plans. 

Why wouldn't you want Bayern Munich in it? Bigger club than Man City, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. 

These 6 clubs should consider fans views on this matter. 

What about the players? It's not all about the clubs.