BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

No surprise. Neville's comments are correct and right for me. These 6 club owners have over step the mark. Simple as. Very surprised you are endorsing these stupid plans. 

Why wouldn't you want Bayern Munich in it? Bigger club than Man City, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. 

These 6 clubs should consider fans views on this matter. 

What about the players? It's not all about the clubs. 

The plans aren't stupid. Reactions to it are OTT.

Players are under contract to the clubs.

2 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

The plans aren't stupid. Reactions to it are OTT.

Players are under contract to the clubs.

These plans are stupid. 

Even Sir Alex Ferguson is against them. Tell me everything these plans. Scrap them now and apologise to the fans, PL and Footballing world. 

Would players rather play in world Cup or some stupid European Super League?

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Southern members of the Football league. Not forgotten Notts County efforts. Juventus still [play in their colours.

What does what Sir Alex Ferguson have to do with proposals that move football on?

So not founder members of the Football league then.

1 minute ago, Richard Oakley said:

What does what Sir Alex Ferguson have to do with proposals that move football on?

He is legend of the game. His opinion carry weight. 

These clubs are out of order and has Gary Neville says these owners are bottlers and will backtrack yet again

56 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

It's really hard to see who will be for this to be honest outside the owners. It seems such a monumentally stupid idea that has 0% chance of succeeding which makes you think some other angle is at play here.

Reckon it could be about extracting more concessions from UEFA in the new format CL. But it could have the effect that UEFA decide to call their bluff.

My thoughts too. No way they could do it. Everyone and their dog is against it. Surely it is a ploy to make the champions League as closed as possible.

22 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

The absolute cheek of Arsenal signing up to it!!! Did all the other clubs let them in so that they had someone to finish bottom each year? 

Which shows its nothing to do with success it's to do with money. Otherwise why are Arsenal included. They aren't big at all in the Prem and haven't been for years. 

Also given the scheme relies on plastic fans when you are the whipping boys you won't get many plastics sticking around. Turkeys voting for Christmas in Arsenal's case. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, riverholmes said:

This may be a way of testing the waters in preparation for a less extreme plan.

However, what is not talked about enough is the oligarchy we have now which is making football increasing noncompetitive. Unless a club has a wealthy backer - and, these days, it has to be more than a Jack Walker - what chance do they have in the Premier League? Leicester were exceptional and continue to invest well but they too have wealthy backers in a Thai billionaire family, I believe.

As much as I support Rovers, it does cross my mind as to why I should wish them to get into the topflight. There's little chance of doing anything for any length time. The best that can be hoped for is cup success and maybe, sneaking into Europe. Otherwise, it's a case of slogging it out near the bottom of the league with incredibly overpaid and overpriced players taking part in a game riven by fear and dependence on money, which is driving skilful play and risk-taking out of the game. We already have that in the second tier but Premier League is multiplied greatly. 

The long-term model for any club of Rovers size will be to be a yo-yo club between Premier League and Championship - and that's aspirational. That is all that can be reasonably expected, barring a financial takeover or a Burnley situation with an exceptional manager. And, even Burnley will no doubt be relegated in the near future - perhaps, when Dyche moved on. Reform is needed of the status quo but it's not talked about much.

Which is why I believe they should just piss off and get on with it. I understand they take a lot of the finances with them but the rest of the pyramid wouldn’t just die. It’s could bring some sensibility back into the game and create a lot fairer and more competitive game. Let the big clubs do there corporate whoring and let proper football get back to how it was. There may be some turbulence along the way but in the long run I believe it would be a good thing overall. Completely turn our backs on them. We don’t need them and I’m sure a lot of the fans of these teams will show how they feel about it maybe bringing the beating heart of the game back to the forefront. People are already getting disenfranchised by the whole thing and it’s needed shaking up or a reset for along long time. This could be the scale tipping moment we as true fans of real clubs need

• Like 9

To state the obvious - if somehow someway we were a top 6 club right now, Venkys would sign us up with a blink of an eye. 

Greed and owners who couldn't give the slightest toss about the fans and the communities around the club are the problem. And the FA allowing such takeovers unchallenged is what has opened the door to this farce.

The only way out of this is mass protests, mass boycotts until owners focused solely on money are forced out. Ourselves included. The game continues dying and mutating into something very ugly the longer this goes on.

• Like 2

This coupled with the abomination that is VAR, ridiculous rules no one understands, massive wages, owners who don't even watch the games and just buy clubs as a toy thing.....games dead. 

I'd rather watch my local league 2 side. At least they are part of the community. 

I'd love Uefa to allow it, then ban all players involved from international and existing domestic competitions.

• Like 5

All this wheeling out of the great and the good - worthies who are no longer involved in the game. The status quo is about to be shaken up.

You think fans should be listened to, when you've the clear example of Venkys. Foreign owners don't listen to fans. They don't take threats to ban them from the local golf course, seriously.

UEFA wants to expand the Champions League to 36 clubs after qualifiers and have all the teams play 10 games. That's the joke.

I'm not giving the views of a few Sky Sports pundits any weight, either.

I'm minded of the opposition by the Football League to the Premier League and the language used to denounce it.

The ECA of 240 of Europe's leading clubs oppose the plan. Leading clubs? Part of the gravy train who want it to keep on flowing.

I doubt that Sky would want to pay the premier league so much revenue without the 6. The premier league would probably collapse.

@roverandout In that event, the 6 would just invite 14 other clubs to join them in a new league and be a closed competition just like the Football league was, when it only had one division.

1 minute ago, Richard Oakley said:

the 6 would just invite 14 other clubs to join them in a new league and be a closed competition

But other teams like PSG, Bayern Munich and Dortmund wont join them. So what other 8 teams will join them? 

Also where is the statement that was due at 9.30pm? Teams bottling it again. 

The European club association is against this ESL 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But other teams like PSG, Bayern Munich and Dortmund wont join them. So what other 8 teams will join them? 

Also where is the statement that was due at 9.30pm? Teams bottling it again. 

The European club association is against this ESL 

14 other English teams to form a new league in England, if the European Super league didn't pan out.

Edited by Richard Oakley
  • Like 1