BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Underdog v France. I fancy our chances against Germany and Portugal 

Portugal I think look as strong as anyone and so much better than previous tournaments. You look at Dias and Cancelo added to their defence, Bruno Fernandes now key in attacking midfield with the likes of Neves and Danilo sitting, and they like us have an abundance of attackers whereas in the last Euros that they won, it was Eder who got the winner, an otherwise poor player. Along with Ronaldo and Bernardo Silva, they have Jota, Felix and Andre Silva.

Either way, that last 16 game is going to be so difficult should we get there.

On 24/12/2020 at 16:04, philipl said:

Just 6 are English:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/dec/21/the-100-best-male-footballers-in-the-world-2020

List topped by Sam's planned Rovers signing Robert Lewandowski. 

How a volcanic ash cloud changed our world...

I didn't really know where to put this, but it seems Lewandowski was never going to sign for the Rovers, volcanic ash cloud or not, from the horse's mouth.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19360936.lewandowski-sets-record-straight-failed-blackburn-rovers-move/

24 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I didn't really know where to put this, but it seems Lewandowski was never going to sign for the Rovers, volcanic ash cloud or not, from the horse's mouth.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19360936.lewandowski-sets-record-straight-failed-blackburn-rovers-move/

He's just saying that. He doesn't want the Dortmund fans to think he was close to signing for a bigger club than them 😁.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

So, even though he was already 100% decided that he was going to sign for Dortmund, he thought he might as well hop on a plane just to come & have a look around the sprawling metropolis that is Blackburn, just for kicks? Okaaaayyyy, whatever Robert, if you say so.

5 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

So, even though he was already 100% decided that he was going to sign for Dortmund, he thought he might as well hop on a plane just to come & have a look around the sprawling metropolis that is Blackburn, just for kicks? Okaaaayyyy, whatever Robert, if you say so.

To be fair yes that's generally the way it works with young footballers and agents etc. Plenty of them go through the motions of feigning interest just in case they need a plan B, but you can't fault the player's logic. He wanted to play in European competition, which Rovers couldn't offer him at that time. Even Sam said that while we really wanted him we were never likely to get him. 

Edited by oldjamfan1

• Backroom

Interesting story happening in South Africa in the equivalent of our Championship trying to get into the top league. 

As far as I can tell Royal AM finished top of league on 51pts versus 2nd place on 50 pts, and celebrated promotion. 

The league authorities then decided the 2nd place team's opponent in a loss back in January hadn't fielded the right amount of U23 players and retrospectively awarded the 3 pts to them, thus making them league winners, and putting Royal AM in the playoffs. 

Royal AM have tried to fight it in Court, been ruled against. They turned up to their first playoff game today - players, bus, coaching staff etc- but then all got in their vehicles and pissed off before kickoff. 

Ref blew the whistle and Chippa Utd were awarded 3-0 win.

Really odd. Why not just play the game AND still continue to fight it in Court.

You might win and then it would become a moot point.

All a bit of a shambles. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

An update on this story that no-one cares about!

Royal AM refused to play any of their 3 playoff games. 

I particularly enjoyed this team going crazy after scoring a goal in an empty net......in an empty stadium:

18 hours ago, Silas said:

An update on this story that no-one cares about!

Royal AM refused to play any of their 3 playoff games. 

I particularly enjoyed this team going crazy after scoring a goal in an empty net......in an empty stadium:

Was a great move tbf.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

A 34 year old Lionel Messi has agreed to stay at Barcelona on a new 5 year deal at just 50%* of his previous wage.

* which was £123 million a season

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57836300

I know why I dislike football more with each passing day.

He'll not be playing at the end of that 5 year contract. Instead of 2 or 3 years at his current wage they're giving him half as much for twice as long to get round the fact they've hit their salary cap. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

He'll not be playing at the end of that 5 year contract. Instead of 2 or 3 years at his current wage they're giving him half as much for twice as long to get round the fact they've hit their salary cap. 

Those were my thoughts too. They need 2 fantastic years at least out of him to justify the contract term.

No wonder they want the Super League.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11796/12366284/motherwell-chief-executive-alan-burrows-on-well-in-scheme-that-puts-community-at-the-heart-of-the-club

A good read on Motherwell who value and appreciate every supporter. They are a fan owned club led by a forward thinking CEO and some of the initiatives puts clubs like ours to shame.

I never thought I would envy Motherwell but I do.

FOW.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/07/2021 at 18:32, arbitro said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11796/12366284/motherwell-chief-executive-alan-burrows-on-well-in-scheme-that-puts-community-at-the-heart-of-the-club

A good read on Motherwell who value and appreciate every supporter. They are a fan owned club led by a forward thinking CEO and some of the initiatives puts clubs like ours to shame.

I never thought I would envy Motherwell but I do.

FOW.

I envyed them when we played in the Anglo/Scottish cup . They had Petigrew playing for them.

This is why you cannot trust wiki:

Celtic are apparently interested in this player but have not yet signed him. Except he has if you read the players wiki which has obviously been edited by a fan:

Giorgos Giakoumakis (Greek: Γιώργος Γιακουμάκης; born 9 December 1994) is a Greek professional footballer who plays as a striker for Glasgow Celtic and the Greek national football team. He signed for Glasgow Celtic and told Big Ange tae get the disco lights on , he also has a strong dislike towards the queen and rangers

Giorgos can't wait to get down to his local Lidl in Tollcross and sample the delights of Greek Week; his favourite is the Gyros pizza.

Giakoumakis has always wanted to play for The Glasgow Celtic and even came out to say that his idol is current player kyogo furuhashi. Giorgos was born in castlemilka in Greece

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JacknOry said:

This is why you cannot trust wiki:

Celtic are apparently interested in this player but have not yet signed him. Except he has if you read the players wiki which has obviously been edited by a fan:

Giorgos Giakoumakis (Greek: Γιώργος Γιακουμάκης; born 9 December 1994) is a Greek professional footballer who plays as a striker for Glasgow Celtic and the Greek national football team. He signed for Glasgow Celtic and told Big Ange tae get the disco lights on , he also has a strong dislike towards the queen and rangers

Giorgos can't wait to get down to his local Lidl in Tollcross and sample the delights of Greek Week; his favourite is the Gyros pizza.

Giakoumakis has always wanted to play for The Glasgow Celtic and even came out to say that his idol is current player kyogo furuhashi. Giorgos was born in castlemilka in Greece

Brilliant ha ha ha

• Backroom

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2021/08/22/dimitri-payet-sparks-pitch-invasion-after-throwing-bottle-back-at-nice-fans-15133919/amp/

Must admit a bit of me thinks 'good on him' for throwing it back. Just a shame that the rules mean Nice were awarded the win after their fans kept acting like bellends all game.

• Like 1