BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

Just seen this

Has to be one of the worst decisions of all time, defies logic the whistle goes after the shot is taken

Most sensible Refs would wait till the passage of play has ended, and blow when the ball is in the middle of the park.

They always have some discretion for adding time on.

I'd argue that ref has never played the game. Ludicrous.

• Like 1

Just seen this

Has to be one of the worst decisions of all time, defies logic the whistle goes after the shot is taken

Clive Thomas once blew the full time whistle between a corner being taken, and maybe 2 seconds later, the ball landing on the head of Zico of Brazil, scoring what would have been a winning goal in a World Cup game.

Just seen this

I often hear football fans say 'it's the worst decision I have ever seen' but for me this definitely is. I have been involved on football a long time and try to be pragmatic and see things from both sides but there is absolutely no defence for this. And the referee cannot be punished from the match assessor because in Law he was correct.

I really hope it doesn't come back to bite Accrington in the promotion campaign.

• Backroom

Clive Thomas once blew the full time whistle between a corner being taken, and maybe 2 seconds later, the ball landing on the head of Zico of Brazil, scoring what would have been a winning goal in a World Cup game.

I remember this - due to it being immortalised by Fantasy Football Phoenix from the flames (my favourite tv show of all time) but the ball was in the air from the corner - the stakes may be lower here but he had taken the shot and it was on its way into the net there was literally no reason to blow the whistle when he did.

http://youtu.be/6o2BYJAXHKs

Edited by Tom M

I remember this - due to it being immortalised by Fantasy Football Phoenix from the flames (my favourite tv show of all time) but the ball was in the air from the corner - the stakes may be lower here but he had taken the shot and it was on its way into the net there was literally no reason to blow the whistle when he did.http://youtu.be/6o2BYJAXHKs

Both referees were just being silly boys. Seriously - both of them must think what they did was stupid.

I'm certainly no fan of the 2nd best Ronaldo but how ridiculous is this? The "prestige" of Real Madrid where you can get booed for no reason.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/03/09/cristiano-ronaldo-booed-by-his-own-fans/

Obviously the money there is a factor but there's plenty of clubs you can make big money and not be treated like that. Says a lot when you leave United for a club where the fans are even more outrageous with their demands.

Maybe Dunn should tell Real to "get real" lol.

Edited by VinjayV4

• Backroom

I'm certainly no fan of the 2nd best Ronaldo but how ridiculous is this? The "prestige" of Real Madrid where you can get booed for no reason.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/03/09/cristiano-ronaldo-booed-by-his-own-fans/

Obviously the money there is a factor but there's plenty of clubs you can make big money and not be treated like that. Says a lot when you leave United for a club where the fans are even more outrageous with their demands.

Maybe Dunn should tell Real to "get real" lol.

And people say Rovers fans are the worst for giving Brown some stick :lol:

• Like 1

Yea Real Madrid fans are some of the biggest fuds going. Although it was good of them to clap off Totti in his last ever Champions League game.

I've felt for some time they are the "United equivalent" of Spain while Barcelona (not that their fans aren't demanding!) are more likable. Look at Real's history (especially during the dictatorial Franco regime) though I preferred Barcelona even before knowing about that.

Edited by VinjayV4

The Franco stuff is an interesting but weird one. He was actually originally an Atletico Madrid fan but eventually wanted Real Madrid to succeed (once they became the top dogs) as it looked good for his regime to have such a great side in Europe.

However domestically, I'm pretty sure that was one of Barcelona's most successful periods.

I can't say I'm a massive fan of either really. I think Real Madrid fans are too spoilt and they're more concerned with pigeon-holing superstars into their side than building a proper team.

Barcelona I find arrogant when they accuse others of not playing "the right way" when they have one of the highest wage bills in all of sport and spend hundreds of millions on transfers as well. Along with all the tax-evasion stuff. Plus their are loads of bandwagoners on the internet who claim to support them who are just as self-entitled and arrogant as Man Utd fans.

They're both two fairly strange clubs. You'll hear ex-players say that their fans treat games similar to a theatre where they are there to be entertained, and the majority aren't as passionate as other fans. I like the other sides. Valencia and Bilbao mainly, but also Sevilla and Atletico.

And people say Rovers fans are the worst for giving Brown some stick :lol:

To be fair, Brown wasn't saying the other Rovers players weren't on his level. Ronaldo was perceived as disrespectful to the other players and the club.

A fan has died of a heart attack during the Dortmund game. The entire stadium went quiet for about 5 minutes then broke out into you'll never walk alone. Can't directly upload images because I'm on my phone, but some on twitter.

https://twitter.com/JoshBoswell/status/709086093271015424?s=09

https://twitter.com/Doering_Stefan/status/709082870548140032?s=09