Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What this is about, is the big clubs taking total control of European football. They are taking the power from the bodies such as UEFA, the PL. Between them they are cementing their position of runnin

i actually hope it happens,it`ll be a clean slate,all the greed will be in one league and eventually they`ll all turn on each other for bigger slices of the money,chuck them out of their leagues and l

Why do people care so much? Over to the late Sir Bobby Robson... “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the televisio

Posted Images

Another one bites the dust.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/36067/12085366/macclesfield-town-expelled-from-national-league

I have some fond memories of Macclesfield and as a regular visitor there got to know some of the staff behind the scenes. They were always friendly, hospitable and accommodating. They have gone bust for what Pogba earns in a week.

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Another one bites the dust.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/36067/12085366/macclesfield-town-expelled-from-national-league

I have some fond memories of Macclesfield and as a regular visitor there got to know some of the staff behind the scenes. They were always friendly, hospitable and accommodating. They have gone bust for what Pogba earns in a week.

It really is sad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maradona, a true football genius, who combined his fantastic talent with an unbelievable will to win. What he did for Argentina, Messi can only dream about. It makes me laugh when people talk about him cheating with his hand of god goal as if it’s the only time cheating ever happened in the game. There are zillions of instances like it in football history.

37 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Devastating news. RIP to the greatest there has ever been and most likely ever will be. 

...and Rovers manager if I had my way (suggested August 2010 maybe that's where Venkys got the idea from!) but some things aren't meant to be.

Edited by Vinjay
  • 2 weeks later...

Just discovered there's an ex-Rovers match about to kick off at 2pm. 

Robbie Fowler v Owen Coyle = East Bengal v Jamshedpur (Indian Super League) 

Fowler's team sit bottom of the table with stats - 3 matches, 0 goals scored, 7 goals conceded. 😮

Coyle has played 4 matches and only lost one.

C'mon Robbie, let's break your duck and get a win on the board! 🤞

Well, Fowler had a man sent off on 25th min, but still held out for a 0-0 draw. 

So, he has his first pt on the board, but team have scored 0 goals in 4 matches.

Fair play to him for managing over in India. He must really love the sport. Fowler net worth is over 30 million, and as far as I can tell managers in that league get about £150k a year. So, he isn't doing it for the pocket money. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, philipl said:

Just 6 are English:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/dec/21/the-100-best-male-footballers-in-the-world-2020

List topped by Sam's planned Rovers signing Robert Lewandowski. 

How a volcanic ash cloud changed our world...

Why do we need Lewandaowski when we have Roberts?

56 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I had a vague memory of this incident but never realised the horror the people involved must have gone through. This should resonate with older fans who have stood on packed terraces and exited grounds through inadequate exits.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/B0cJMZS3B1/Fiveboys

I remember it happening and being reported on TV but not seeing an in depth report until the TV documentary in 2001 ''The Ibrox Disaster'', I have a copy of that and its probably on YouTube - which has oddly just gone off line this minute, for me anyway.

The worst football crowd experience I have had was being taken to Anfield by a Liverpool mate to watch a European Cup match on a packed standing only Kop. Having my jean legs pissed on was a non event in the bigger picture.

* YouTube came back and there is coverage there

I now see that there is a new documentary, Disclosure - Stairway 13, which I'm now in the process of getting.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
49 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I remember it happening and being reported on TV but not seeing an in depth report until the TV documentary in 2001 ''The Ibrox Disaster'', I have a copy of that and its probably on YouTube - which has oddly just gone off line this minute, for me anyway.

The worst football crowd experience I have had was being taken to Anfield by a Liverpool mate to watch a European Cup match on a packed standing only Kop. Having my jean legs pissed on was a non event in the bigger picture.

* YouTube came back and there is coverage there

I now see that there is a new documentary, Disclosure - Stairway 13, which I'm now in the process of getting.

The documentary is on BBC iPlayer and is live on BBC Scotland on Sunday at 19.15. I'll watch that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Torino fail to turn up for tonight's game at Lazio due 8 positive covid tests. 3-0 awarded to Lazio and Torino docked a point although Napoli got their point back on appeal for similar in October