Jump to content

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Richard Oakley said:

the 6 would just invite 14 other clubs to join them in a new league and be a closed competition

But other teams like PSG, Bayern Munich and Dortmund wont join them. So what other 8 teams will join them? 

Also where is the statement that was due at 9.30pm? Teams bottling it again. 

The European club association is against this ESL 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What this is about, is the big clubs taking total control of European football. They are taking the power from the bodies such as UEFA, the PL. Between them they are cementing their position of runnin

Why do people care so much? Over to the late Sir Bobby Robson... “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the televisio

i actually hope it happens,it`ll be a clean slate,all the greed will be in one league and eventually they`ll all turn on each other for bigger slices of the money,chuck them out of their leagues and l

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

I'm not giving the views of a few Sky Sports pundits any weight, either.

Cos their comments are spot on and right?  

even the UK Government and the EU have condemned this move to a ESL..

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But other teams like PSG, Bayern Munich and Dortmund wont join them. So what other 8 teams will join them? 

Also where is the statement that was due at 9.30pm? Teams bottling it again. 

The European club association is against this ESL 

14 other English teams to form a new league in England, if the European Super league didn't pan out.

Edited by Richard Oakley
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Richard Oakley said:

14 other English teams to form a new leagueue in England, if the European Super league didn't pan out.

Other English teams wouldnt join tho. Look the entire condemnation this has caused within Football world whether it's one of the greatest manager ever, our FA or PL or PFA, UEFA. Even The government has condemned this 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

 

Also where is the statement that was due at 9.30pm? Teams bottling it again. 

 

The level of opposition and threats mean that it would have to be a new separate league. That opposition is also political. I am certain that the 11 or 12 did not want to form a new league. They are now backed up into a corner. They will probably try to finesse that. As of now, I suspect the statement will be delayed to allow time to take stock.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

All this wheeling out of the great and the good - worthies who are no longer involved in the game. The status quo is about to be shaken up.

You think fans should be listened to, when you've the clear example of Venkys. Foreign owners don't listen to fans. They don't take threats to ban them from the local golf course, seriously.

UEFA wants to expand the Champions League to 36 clubs after qualifiers and have all the teams play 10 games. That's the joke.

I'm not giving the views of a few Sky Sports pundits any weight, either.

I'm minded of the opposition by the Football League to the Premier League and the language used to denounce it.

The ECA of 240 of Europe's leading clubs oppose the plan. Leading clubs? Part of the gravy train who want it to keep on flowing.

I doubt that Sky would want to pay the premier league so much revenue without the 6. The premier league would probably collapse.

@roverandout In that event, the 6 would just invite 14 other clubs to join them in a new league and be a closed competition just like the Football league was, when it only had one division.

That sounds shit. A 1 league closed competition. Either I'm miss reading your posts or you're all up for a billionaires show comp that rovers would never have chance to be a part of.  No thanks. 

Why are you on a Rovers message board if you're excited about Watching Arsenal play Man U for the 8th time a season?

Strange.

Edited by benhben
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

The level of opposition and threats mean that it would have to be a new separate league. That opposition is also political. I am certain that the 11 or 12 did not want to form a new league. They are now backed up into a corner. They will probably try to finesse that. As of now, I suspect the statement will be delayed to allow time to take stock.

So yet again they bottled it just like Gary Neville said they would? 

Did they really think that the footballing world would endorse this new Super League? Or the Political world? Cos if they did they are clueless and delusional greedy people. 

Cos no one wants it apart from these greedy owners. The owners of these British clubs should be ashamed of their actions. No consideration for Fan opinions or our footballing pyramid structure. 

Are you really in favour of these stupid proposals? 

Edited by chaddyrovers
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, benhben said:

That sounds shit. A 1 league closed competition. Either I'm miss reading your posts or you're all up for a billionaires show comp that rovers would never have chance to be a part of.  No thanks. 

Strange.

Don't we have a closed comp of billionaires every year in the closing stages of the champions league, already? Make what's implicit, explicit. We're not likely to get a sniff of European football as things currently stand. The only way is by winning one of the cups and our current manager has no interest in trying.

Whether such a move as this would cause football to return to its roots, I don't know. Fans Forums and Supporter Consultation that's not a farce like ours currently is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So yet again they bottled it just like Gary Neville said they would? 

Did they really think that the footballing world would endorse this new Super League? Or the Political world? Cos if they did they are clueless and delusional greedy people. 

Cos no one wants it apart from these greedy owners. The owners of these British clubs should be ashamed of their actions. No consideration for Fan opinions or our footballing pyramid structure. 

Are you really in favour of these stupid proposals? 

No, they haven't bottled it. They are in a different situation than they thought they would be.

The initial plan was for 15 teams to invite each year the best 5 of the rest into their mid-weekly league. 3 teams of the 15 declined.

Now they are faced with being kicked out of their respective federations and have their players banned from competitions run by UEFA and FIFA. A very different kettle of fish. Anything the clubs say could have legal repercussions.

@benhben I'm not interested in watching Arsenal play Man Utd once, thank you very much.

I think the current structure of football in this country is a Ponzi scheme.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

No, they haven't bottled it. They are in a different situation than they thought they would be.

The initial plan was for 15 teams to invite each year the best 5 of the rest into their mid-weekly league. 3 teams of the 15 declined.

Now they are faced with being kicked out of their respective federations and have their players banned from competitions run by UEFA and FIFA. A very different kettle of fish. Anything the clubs say could have legal repercussions.

 

Yes they have bottled it cos it wont go ahead. As Neville said it wont. 

I know what the plan was Richard for hours thanks. 

Did they think UEFA,.FA, supporter groups and government were going to allow these 6 clubs to wreck out Football pyramid then you and them were deluded.

UEFA should banned each club for 2 years who signed up to it. 

At PSG, Dortmund and Bayern had the balls to say no these greedy owners

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be a non-starter as long as FIFA, UEFA and the FA hold firm.

It can't succeed without them allowing it, because there would just be too much to do.

I always thought that football clubs operating in England had to be affiliated to the FA for starters, so without that, which the FA could refuse, then those clubs wouldn't even be allowed to participate in association football matches in England.

Then there's many other ways of making it difficult or impossible for them to get it off the ground.

IF they hold firm. 

Of course when the money starts changing hands these things have a tendancy to happen. The FA have already betrayed the national game once in the last 30 years by allowing the Premier League to break away and hoover up all the cash in the game, so I've no doubt that once a briefcase full of cash lands on their desks it will find a way to pass.

I can see where people are coming from but for me this wouldn't sort anything out. All that would happen is the current 'big six' would eventually be replaced by a second 'big six' - probably Everton, Villa, Leeds, West Ham, Wolves, Leicester - who would get bigger crowds, more money and finish near the top every year. 

It doesn't solve anything, it just creates space for another batch of clubs to move in and take over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes they have bottled it cos it wont go ahead. As Neville said it wont. 

I know what the plan was Richard for hours thanks. 

Did they think UEFA,.FA, supporter groups and government were going to allow these 6 clubs to wreck out Football pyramid then you and them were deluded.

UEFA should banned each club for 2 years who signed up to it. 

At PSG, Dortmund and Bayern had the balls to say no these greedy owners

 

This is the corner they have backed our clubs into. I didn't believe they were deluded enough to do that. Signing up to a mid-week competition is one thing, but actually leaving the Premier League, FA and struggling to register players that will likely take legal action to enforce is another. 

So a statement has been made and the founding members of the Super League named. The die is cast. No bottling. Gary Neville wrong, as usual.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether it goes ahead or not I think for a lot of people a line has been crossed. The game has been slowly ruined by money in the last 10-15 years but this takes it too far. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hope I wake up tomorrow to see Man U, City, Liverpool, Arsenal Chelsea and Spurs have been docked all points this season or even banned from league competition. 

 

Edited by benhben
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, benhben said:

Really hope I wake up tomorrow to see Man U, City, Liverpool, Arsenal Chelsea and Spurs have been docked all points this season or even banned from league competition. 

 

I think this is seriously on the table. As is all the players from the 12 clubs being banned from the Euros.

It's such a huge transgression that the other 14 clubs in the PL and top Championship clubs will be getting together wondering if they should just kick them out for a season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tottenham Hotspur have sent a statement out to all their supporters saying that “even though we haven’t won a league title in 60 years, and a European one in over 35, we have earned our right to be at football’s top table because we have a cheese shop and a brewery on the concourse.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

its greedy  owners wanting an american style franchies league no way in or out of the league, next they will be selling clubs and moving them to new citys it will be new york gunners and moscow chelsea

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really surprised that the clubs are pushing this so far, knowing their fans will oppose it. Either, they are desperate or it is brinkmanship negotiating tactics to get what they want from the authorities, under the current system. 

Does anyone know if there is any kind of threat over the current TV/digital deals and their value? 

I don't know much about it but there's always been rumblings and now there are more markets, has this changed things? Or has the pandemic's effect on finances hastened this 'coup'.

Edit; Then, as Plc's, some will be under a legal obligation to maximise profit, regardless of all else.

 

Edited by riverholmes
Link to post
Share on other sites

Are they planning to start this August ?

12 team league, after 3 declined.

If those 12 are (rightly) thrown out of their domestic leagues it seems impossible to think that other European clubs will choose to make up the numbers on an annual basis to make 20.

All the talk about fans is meaningless. We are talking about Traditional fans.... like most of us. Venky's taught us that having a ST since 1950 doesn't mean your opinion counts for naff all. They will be oversubscribed on ticket applications every game, with a mix of traditional fans (who can afford a ticket once a season and are successful in the draw) and modern t'internet fans (plastics to the traditional flat cappers) from China, Dubai, etc.

The old game we love is already long since dead. Let them go. Kick them out the league.

I bet they are livid up in Glasgow... Surely the old firm must qualify 😀

These businesses are choosing their path to worldwide growth. Not much we can do except bar them from our domestic market. Do the league bodies and political figures have the balls ? Basically making all the traditional fans of these clubs "stateless" ? I seriously doubt it.

Be interesting to see how this plays out but it needs to be fast if the league kicks off in August.

Clearly it's not Europe's elite at all. It's just the richest clubs from England, Spain and Italy.

Man City in traditional terms are and always will be a smaller club than Rovers. They just happen to have rich owners at this moment in time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.