BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

Oh I get it now Richard.

So it’s those against ‘the 12/15’ dismantling the entire structure of a 150 years of European football to ensure said clubs have unfettered access to billions of pounds, that are acting in self interest.

Cheers for clearing it up, I couldn’t see the wood for the trees before...

• Like 4

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Oh I get it now Richard.

So it’s those against ‘the 12/15’ dismantling the entire structure of a 150 years of European football to ensure said clubs have unfettered access to billions of pounds, that are acting in self interest.

Cheers for clearing it up, I couldn’t see the wood for the trees before...

Glad to have cleared that up for you. Football's changed a great deal over the last 150 years.

Porto have said they wont join this ESL as Gladbach as. Looking like it will be just 12 teams super league from 3 nation. This ESL is based on the MLS model. 

Even players on social media taking a stance on this

I wonder how long it will be before these 12 clubs apologise for these actions and rejoin the UEFA champions league 

4 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Glad to have cleared that up for you. Football's changed a great deal over the last 150 years.

Why are you in favour of these 12 clubs walking away from our football pyramid and form a close shop league? 

Also why have other massive European clubs saying they wont join this Super league? 

6 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

It sure has, though can you explain in a bit more detail how the Glazers et al are acting altruistically?

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, Mattyblue said:

It sure has, though can you explain in a bit more detail how the Glazers et al are acting altruistically?

I've never met the Glazers. I expect them to act in their own interests and those of their clubs like they did with Tampa Bay by signing Tom Brady and buying a Superbowl.

2 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

If there are only 12 founding members, there'll be 8 spots open to qualification.

The 6 have no wish to walk away from our football pyramid.

no other European clubs want to be part of it, Who is going qualify for it?

I have read that Manchester City and Chelsea have major reservations about this Super League, I wonder if they will drop out of it shortly following the backlash from this proposal whether its former players, managers, their fans, UEFA, FIFA and the UK Government statements  

Also read that One board member from a Big 6 club dioesn't know why we have promotion and relegation in football. Think we guess which clubs this could be from

7 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

If there are only 12 founding members, there'll be 8 spots open to qualification.

The 6 have no wish to walk away from our football pyramid.

Qualification? you mean invitation  

Invitation will certainly not be based on , on field activity and success. The inclusion of Tottenham as set the standard

4 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

I've no idea why the other three clubs would turn down such a fabulous opportunity to be founding members of the ESL. 

They told you and the public why cos they dont want to part of close shop league and want to work with UEFA and their Champions League and Europa League. 

Look at PSG.statement, They believe in the champions league model where clubs like Leicester and Atlanta can quality for it. Arsenal and Spurs haven't qualify for it last season or this season either. 

Bayern, Dortmund, Gladbach, Porto dont want to part of it, so which other 8 clubs will join it?

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Qualification? you mean invitation  

Invitation will certainly not be based on , on field activity and success. The inclusion of Tottenham as set the standard

5 teams under the plans will qualify from a qualifying stage. They will be the best of the rest.

Manchester City and Chelsea have also signed a 23 year commitment to the ESL.

I expect we'll find out on what grounds players will be banned from UEFA competitions.

@chaddyroversAll these opinions you keep quoting are from people who don't matter.

8 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

I've never met the Glazers. I expect them to act in their own interests and those of their clubs like they did with Tampa Bay by signing Tom Brady and buying a Superbowl.

They have owned Manchester United for 16 years and have rarely acted in the clubs interest. Their performances on the pitch have dropped, the trophy cabinets that were once packed are now bare, the once Theatre of Dreams is now looking increasingly dated and downtrodden. The only 2 things that have gone up since they bought the club are the club's debts and their own personal wealth. Your half right they certainly have their own interests at heart but certainly not the clubs.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Even players on social media taking a stance on this

Would Ander Herrera (employee of a sovereign wealth fund) be saying this if he still played for United? Would PSG have signed up if their CEO wasn't on the UEFA committee and CEO of Bein Sports who've shelled out god knows on CL rights recently.

The game wasn't taken away from us over the weekend. This has been a slowly bubbling process ever since the inception of the PL. With greater spoils on offer, the more scrupulous the characters that appear. 

I've seen some people state that the governing body for this might be better than UEFA/FIFA. I'm unsure how a body founded on the principal of guaranteed safety and protection from any kind of financial or competitive loss, would be motivated to instil integrity of any kind.

They aren't here for me and for you - they want these kids who follow their favourite superstar, not one club.

Welcome to the World Series of football.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

I'd be interested to see how many of the players were genuinely bothered about that. I get the feeling the majority are more interested in lining their own pockets than representing their country anyway (not all of them, but the majority)

1 minute ago, Richard Oakley said:

All these opinions you keep quoting are from people who don't matter.

of course these people matters, its people like yourself who say they don't matter. 

Why doesn't Liverpool fans opinion matter, or UEFA President comments or the UK PM who can stop those clubs from playing here?

5 teams under the plans will qualify from a qualifying stage. They will be the best of the rest.

who are these teams? 

Which other teams apart from the Greedy 12 clubs owners have asked to join this Super League? NO other clubs want to be part of it. 

Why are such a big fan of these clubs wrecking the football pyramid and those clubs just get more greedy and more greedy?

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

They have owned Manchester United for 16 years and have rarely acted in the clubs interest. Their performances on the pitch have dropped, the trophy cabinets that were once packed are now bare, the once Theatre of Dreams is now looking increasingly dated and downtrodden. The only 2 things that have gone up since they bought the club are the club's debts and their own personal wealth. Your half right they certainly have their own interests at heart but certainly not the clubs.

I said how I expected them to act and quoted the recent example of Tampa Bay not Man Utd.

@chaddyrovers This proposal has nothing to do with the Europa League. PSG has access to resources that far dwarfs the rest of Ligue 1 and its reasons are spurious.

PSG have said what they reasons are. At least they believe in the Football pyramid. I never said that these 12 clubs Super League propasol but Clubs like PSG, Bayern, Dortmund and Porto want to work with UEFA on reforming the Champions League and Europa League 

17 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

They didn't buy a Superbowl,the NFL has a salary cap where all the teams spend to the same limit.They just spent their salary cap better than other teams last season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Richard Oakley said:

I said how I expected them to act and quoted the recent example of Tampa Bay not Man Utd.

But this about Association football not the Yankee version. In their 16 years of owning an Association football club they have only ever acted in their own interests and never the clubs. What they do or don't do in Yankee football in simply irrelevant to this.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

of course these people matters, its people like yourself who say they don't matter. 

Why doesn't Liverpool fans opinion matter, or UEFA President comments or the UK PM who can stop those clubs from playing here?

who are these teams? 

Which other teams apart from the Greedy 12 clubs owners have asked to join this Super League? NO other clubs want to be part of it. 

Why are such a big fan of these clubs wrecking the football pyramid and those clubs just get more greedy and more greedy?

Boris cannot stop it. Liverpool has a global fan base. 

Why keep asking me which teams will opt to play in the qualifiers? I do not know.