BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

7 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

@Ewood AceThe MLS doesn't have promotion or relegation.

What exactly is your point? Are you trying to say that all league should aspire to be like the MLS. 

The MLS is a retirement home for those looking for a last pay day and the standard of it is poor. The MLS isn't even the best league in the CONCACAF region and the national team lost out to Panama in qualifying for the last world cup. 

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

PSG have said what they reasons are. At least they believe in the Football pyramid. I never said that these 12 clubs Super League propasol but Clubs like PSG, Bayern, Dortmund and Porto want to work with UEFA on reforming the Champions League and Europa League 

Come on Chaddy I'm completely against these proposal's as well but let's not try to hold PSG up as some sort of moral Pillar of virtues here.

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

The MLS is a retirement home for those looking for a last pay day and the standard of it is poor. The MLS isn't even the best league in the CONCACAF region and the national team lost out to Panama in qualifying for the last world cup. What exactly is your point? Are you trying to say that all league should aspire to be like the MLS. 

I made no statement about the quality of the MLS or the status of the US national team. 

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

So what exactly was you point when you were talking about the MLS?

That it was an association of teams playing our association football that doesn't have promotion or relegation.

When our football league started it was one league without promotion or relegation.

Edited by Richard Oakley

Just now, Richard Oakley said:

That it was an association of teams playing our association football that doesn't have promotion or relegation.

Because that is the US model. And US owners are now trying to crowbar it into Europe.

You’ve said plenty this last 24 hours. What point are you actually making from this hill you’ve chosen to die from?

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Because that is the US model. And US owners are now trying to crowbar it into Europe.

You’ve said plenty this last 24 hours. What point are you actually making from this hill you’ve chosen to die from?

Aside from your knee-jerk reaction, what's your point? 

I've got the high ground.

2 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

When our football league started it was one league without promotion or relegation.

But I wasn't talking about promotion or relegation so it had absolutely no relevance to what I was talking about. Which was that the Glazer's (who you were defending) have in 16 years never acted in their clubs interests only in their own interests. Although you seem to be keen to move away from you defence of them trying to move the topic on to first the NFL and now the MLS neither of which have any relevance to this story which concerns European football.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

But I wasn't talking about promotion or relegation so it had absolutely no relevance to what I was talking about. Which was that the Glazer's (who you were defending) have in 16 years never acted in their clubs interests only in their own interests. Although you seem to be keen to move away from you defence of them trying to move the topic on to first the NFL and now the MLS neither of which have any relevance to this story which concerns European football.

You mentioned association football. You really are trying to shift the conversation and then shift the blame onto me. You've clearly lost the argument by doing that.

29 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

@chaddyroversThis proposal does not affect the Europa League one iota.

I don't think you're thinking through your defence. This proposed economic coup grabs and reserves a bigger market share amongst a cartel, which will mean most levels of European football, especially, televised or streamed, lose out. 

The creation of the Premier League, as exploitative as it was, at least reserved a formal meritocracy and distribution and opportunity for the rest of the football league to join them. The economic reality is that it is rigged by wealth but there was some redistribution of wealth allowed by the cup tournaments, the movement of clubs between leagues and collective TV/stream deals.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

Just now, riverholmes said:

I don't think you're thinking through your defence. This proposed economic coup grabs and reserves a bigger market share amongst a cartel, which will mean most levels of European football, especially, televised or streamed, lose out. 

I don't see the proposal as taking away any funding at all from the Europa League. As for funding in English, Spanish and Italian league, I've already said that I think the Premier League will cease to exist.

And now I'm into repeating my self.

I can see I'm going to have to resort to the PMQ 'Please refer to my answer previously.

5 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

You mentioned association football. You really are trying to shift the conversation and then shift the blame onto me. You've clearly lost the argument by doing that.

I was talking about the Glazer's (who you were defending) actions when they have run an Association Football club as opposed to what they do with a Yankee football club. The MLS had no relevance to it.

27 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

This proposal does not affect the Europa League one iota.

Who are this years 2 English club's in the Europa League Semi Finals?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

I don't see the proposal as taking away any funding at all from the Europa League. As for funding in English, Spanish and Italian league, I've already said that I think the Premier League will cease to exist.

And now I'm into repeating my self.

I can see I'm going to have to resort to the PMQ 'Please refer to my answer previously.

With all the things you expect to happen - do you think this is a good thing for the sport of football?

And why, with all things considered, do you seem content to allow this ESL to happen?

The planned European Super League is an inevitable extrapolation of the push to turn football into a Franchise business, that is a standard design in American sports with numbers of clubs kept artificially low and the emphasis on generating income through TV.  However this is distorted in the proposal unless they can drag in at least three more 'permanent' members, I think they hope that will be PSG plus a couple of German clubs.

The thing is that they clearly believe that they can ride out and deflect any retaliation through the courts and they have the added advantage that there are no embarrassing fans in the grounds.  However, it's nice to see that Spirit of Shankly are getting their banners removed from Anfield.

As an impact on Rovers?  The disproportionate earning power of the top clubs in the Premiership already bias the playing field.  Personally I'd like to see the back of all of them and let the kids who might have followed them play FIFA.  Clearly the owners give little attention to their UK supporters and look at TV revenues from the Far East.

What retaliation could be done?

Ban their players from representing their countries (hard on England but at least an excuse for failure at the next World Cup/Euros).

Throw them out of the Football Pyramid, promote the top 6 Championship sides to the Premier and do a similar thing for each of the lower leagues.

Ban them from any Cup competitions.

Get the UK government to refuse work permits for non-UK players (what would be the business reason to support those applications anyway?).

If that means that football takes a financial bath so what?  If that means owners have to sell off their clubs to others, if that means we will be watching a Rovers team of kids on much lower wages I don't care.  I only care if it drives Rovers out of existence.  Just think though - what incentive is there for the Venky's to keep financing the Rovers if there is not a potential financial benefit.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Boris cannot stop it. Liverpool has a global fan base. 

Why keep asking me which teams will opt to play in the qualifiers? I do not know.

Boris can stop Liverpool and any other English clubs playing here. 

Cos you are the only person I've seen on here or other social media formats in favour of this greedy stupid proposals. The rest of footballing world and political world is against these plans. 

Even the players seems against these proposals from Media reports, Plus legends of the games are against them, Fans groups from all parts of UK and European fans groups are against these. 

Thats tell you all you need to know about these proposals. Scrap them now, apologises for these actions and re-join the European Club Associations and UEFA competitions. 

Why wasn't the fans groups from the 6 clubs consult about these plans? 

We all know which 4 people/clubs were behind these plans and we know why they want it? one word GREED!   

25 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

@chaddyroversThis proposal does not affect the Europa League one iota.

I never said this Super League proposal affected the Europa League But the clubs like PSG, Bayern, etc want to work and remain in UEFA to work with them on the new Champions League and Europa League proposals. 

20 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

What exactly is your point? Are you trying to say that all league should aspire to be like the MLS. 

The MLS is a retirement home for those looking for a last pay day and the standard of it is poor. The MLS isn't even the best league in the CONCACAF region and the national team lost out to Panama in qualifying for the last world cup. 

I watched the MLS game last night and it was boring and slow. 

19 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Come on Chaddy I'm completely against these proposal's as well but let's not try to hold PSG up as some sort of moral Pillar of virtues here.

I think PSG stance and comments on this matter was correct and right. Do you not?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roversider said:

Get the UK government to refuse work permits for non-UK players (what would be the business reason to support those applications anyway?).

I think this would be a great way to show support for the sport.

I assume the reason the PL finances are allowed to happen as they are is because of the huge benefit HMRC receives. Assuming the ESL is headquartered in America will the taxes due on player salaries be eligible to be paid in the UK? Or could Liverpool create a Liverpool FC US and pay the taxes over there? It seems a big power grab for American business interests.

I think a lot of players will be up in arms about this. Yes there will be the ones who only care about money but there are others who are also football fans who won't like where this is going. All it takes is one or two to speak out first and I think the flood gates will open. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoverDom said:

I think a lot of players will be up in arms about this. Yes there will be the ones who only care about money but there are others who are also football fans who won't like where this is going. All it takes is one or two to speak out first and I think the flood gates will open. 

Bruno Fernandes is the first one. Wonder how many more will today or tomorrow?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Bruno Fernandes is the first one. Wonder how many more will today or tomorrow?

Dunno Im holding out for Klopp or Pep to absolutely rage about it. They've both played the game and achieved everything they need to as managers they don't have to worry about saying something their employer doesn't like as neither have to work again really so I'm hoping it comes from them. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Dunno Im holding out for Klopp or Pep to absolutely rage about it. They've both played the game and achieved everything they need to as managers they don't have to worry about saying something their employer doesn't like as neither have to work again really so I'm hoping it comes from them. 

Kane, Ronaldo and Messi commenting on this would help this cause.

Pep Guardiola press conference is tomorrow I think