BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

Not much in it for City. If anything the current model benefits them far more. 

As I said fear and greed and City have little need for either. It's why I am surprised Juventus have signed up and why I don't think PSG and Bayern haven't as they already dominate their leagues. 

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Its still the English football league. But I dont want to get into this argument.  

I wasn't writing an in depth editorial piece on the issue. I was scrambling a reply in between Microsoft Teams meetings. But you are indeed correct.

• Like 1

Its great that Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp have come out against these Super League plans, and its appears the players are against it. 

Its great the Government will do anything to stop this Super League from happening including any Legislation needed. 

Also good to see fans putting up banners outside their club's stadiums. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

It's why I am surprised Juventus have signed up 

Agnelli at Juventus is one of the most slippery characters of the lot, he’s been right behind something like this for a while. 

When Atalanta first qualified for the CL a couple of years ago he openly spoke out about how they basically shouldn’t have qualified as they have no European history. Proper weapon that guy. Atalanta of course went on to progress further than Juve in the CL that season which was brilliant. And on Sunday, the day of the announcement, they beat Juve 1-0 and overtook them in the league meaning Juve might not qualify for the CL next season. 

So it’s no surprise they’re involved but you’d like to think, given the Agnelli family have owned Juve since 1923, that he’d appreciate history and genuine competition a little more than all the American etc owners behind it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Not much in it for City. If anything the current model benefits them far more. 

As I said fear and greed and City have little need for either. It's why I am surprised Juventus have signed up and why I don't think PSG and Bayern haven't as they already dominate their leagues. 

Juventus were losing money even before Covid (about 30m euros the last full season with fans) and last year they recorded a loss of 82m euros.

They have total debt approaching 400m euros.

It makes total sense that when someone waved a cheque for £350m at them they were up for a Super League.

• Like 1

Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus are all in the shit financially. They are the driving forces, well I'm pretty sure they'll be left wanting.

It's Blackburn, Preston, Burnley: it's where it all began!

Go and play on your own, you foreign two hats and leave us Brits alone to dominate because we have a product that you are all envious of.

IMG_0261.JPG

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 3

Reports that Citeh are following suit. However, this can't be left - there needs to be sanctions on all involved even if they try to snake their way back in because they will no doubt make similar moves as soon as they possibly can.

• Like 2