BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

Seems like English football has conveniently forgot about how the premiership was happy to let the football league rot during he pandemic? 

suppose that doesn’t suit the current narrative this week.

Edited by Wovers
  • Like 1

These 6 clubs will never be weaker than they are now, heavily sanction them and use this as an opportunity to execute wide scale reforms to the games finances and ownerships.

Also well done to all the current and ex footballers in this country for speaking out about these damaging changes to the game. What a shame that current and ex cricketers haven't done the same to the damaging changes coming to their game. Sky also have a very different tune about those changes as well.

• Like 1

Well done to the The players for coming out against this Super League idea, Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp for their open and brutal honest comments against this Super League, other PL/foriegn clubs owners/CEO's, managers and players who spoke against this idea, football pundits like Gary Neville, Alan Shearer and Rio Ferdinand for not supporting these plans and being so against them, the government for backing the fans and voicing they would stop them and most importantly the fans who voiced their opposition to these crazy, ill thought and stupid Super League plans. 

We have shown these owners of these clubs and the people who came up with these plans that we do have a voice and we can stop them. 

I don't think the owners of Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal really understands the British supporters of football club and how passionate we are about our game or how our game is based on competitive. 

I wouldn't be surprise if Liverpool fans forced FSG out of Liverpool in the coming months. 

I agree that the Champions League and Europa League need revamping and I would like to see it back to knockout tournament and no group stage. But that will never happen sadly

As Jimmy Bullard says on Soccer AM

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

These 6 clubs will never be weaker than they are now, heavily sanction them and use this as an opportunity to execute wide scale reforms to the games finances and ownerships.

Also well done to all the current and ex footballers in this country for speaking out about these damaging changes to the game. 

I wouldn't sanction the these 6 clubs as such but I would be looking towards fans having shares within their clubs, fans on club board and any kind of plans like these again Fans need to be consult and ballot before clubs are allow to join them. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't sanction the these 6 clubs as such but I would be looking towards fans having shares within their clubs, fans on club board and any kind of plans like these again Fans need to be consult and ballot before clubs are allow to join them. 

They must be sanctioned and harshly.

What they signed up for would have adversely affected English football for ever.

Only Arsenal have said 'sorry', which being Arsenal surprised yet pleased me that they showed some humility.

Time check all the players and manager now openly voicing opinion against the ESL.

I also think that the UK Governments stance has been a great positive in bringing this phase of Operation ESL down. They will be back, just with more and better Lawyers.

Septic Tanks are full of SHIT

Edit: Obviously exclude Brad .... and probably millions of others 😉

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Interesting:

Edit: I have to say I was somewhat impressed by Pace although not sure how his 'pitchfork' comment will go down with the local yokel sheep shaggers.

And some still think that no one would buy the Legend that is Blackburn Rovers.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

They must be sanctioned and harshly.

What they signed up for would have adversely affected English football for ever.

Only Arsenal have said 'sorry', which being Arsenal surprised yet pleased me that they showed some humility.

Time check all the players and manager now openly voicing opinion against the ESL.

I also think that the UK Governments stance has been a great positive in bringing this phase of Operation ESL down. They will be back, just with more and better Lawyers.

Yes they signed up to it but within 48 hours bottled it and retreated just like Neville said they would. Pressure from the follballing and political side in his country forced the 6 owners to back tracked so quickly. When Pep Guardiola comments were as such you suspect they would be 1st club to back down and withdraw from it..

From what I have read Chelsea and Man City were reluctant to join this Super League and really wish they have took a stand against the other 4 British teams. 

I would say that you are looking at 2 ownership changes in the 12 months at Liverpool with FSG and Arsenal with Kroneke family. Can't see where FSG can stay as Liverpool owners long term. 

I suspect the government will bring in legislation that we make another move like this one will be illegal with fan consultation and a ballot of fans. Plus introduction of fans being part owners of clubs and being board members. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes they signed up to it but within 48 hours bottled it and retreated just like Neville said they would. Pressure from the follballing and political side in his country forced the 6 owners to back tracked so quickly. When Pep Guardiola comments were as such you suspect they would be 1st club to back down and withdraw from it..

From what I have read Chelsea and Man City were reluctant to join this Super League and really wish they have took a stand against the other 4 British teams. 

I would say that you are looking at 2 ownership changes in the 12 months at Liverpool with FSG and Arsenal with Kroneke family. Can't see where FSG can stay as Liverpool owners long term. 

I suspect the government will bring in legislation that we make another move like this one will be illegal with fan consultation and a ballot of fans. Plus introduction of fans being part owners of clubs and being board members. 

English teams 

Here are the individual replies from the clubs involved.

Make up your own mind as to whether there is any sincerity in any of them.

"The Arsenal board said they did not intend to "cause such distress" and that they joined the Super League because they "did not want to be left behind" and wanted to ensure the club's future.

"Our aim is always to make the right decisions for this great football club, to protect it for the future and to take us forward," they added.

"We didn't make the right decision here, which we fully accept."

Manchester United said that they "remain committed to working with others across the football community to come up with sustainable solutions to the long-term challenges facing the game".

Liverpool said the club had "received representations from various key stakeholders, both internally and externally" before reaching their decision and thanked them for their "valuable contributions".

Levy said that Tottenham felt it was "important" to take part in "a possible new structure that sought to better ensure financial fair play and financial sustainability whilst delivering significantly increased support for the wider football pyramid".

He added: "We should like to thank all those supporters who presented their considered opinions."

Chelsea said that after having had "time to consider the matter fully" they had decided that their "continued participation in these plans would not be in the best interests of the club, our supporters or the wider football community".

Manchester City said they have "formally enacted the procedures to withdraw from the group developing plans for a European Super League".

I'm with AllRoverAsia on this. They must receive some kind of sanction because of the underhanded way they did this, behind the backs of other football clubs.

Edited by dave birch
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was impressed by Oliver Dowden's speech and hope he presses on, without any delay, with the review.

Earlier this morning I saw a video on Real Madrid, their structure and their need to raise money through limited channels, mainly by sales & marketing. It kind of made me understand their rationale in fronting the ESL. However even their fan ownership structure is failed, owned by 90,000 Socios who have a vote for President and a few perks, that's the extent of their influence. The structure also dictates that anyone who stands for President or Board must be super-rich. Link attached in case of interest and you've not already viewed it.

8 minutes ago, dave birch said:

Here are the individual replies from the clubs involved.

Make up your own mind as to whether there is any sincerity in any of them.

"The Arsenal board said they did not intend to "cause such distress" and that they joined the Super League because they "did not want to be left behind" and wanted to ensure the club's future.

"Our aim is always to make the right decisions for this great football club, to protect it for the future and to take us forward," they added.

"We didn't make the right decision here, which we fully accept."

Manchester United said that they "remain committed to working with others across the football community to come up with sustainable solutions to the long-term challenges facing the game".

Liverpool said the club had "received representations from various key stakeholders, both internally and externally" before reaching their decision and thanked them for their "valuable contributions".

Levy said that Tottenham felt it was "important" to take part in "a possible new structure that sought to better ensure financial fair play and financial sustainability whilst delivering significantly increased support for the wider football pyramid".

He added: "We should like to thank all those supporters who presented their considered opinions."

Chelsea said that after having had "time to consider the matter fully" they had decided that their "continued participation in these plans would not be in the best interests of the club, our supporters or the wider football community".

Manchester City said they have "formally enacted the procedures to withdraw from the group developing plans for a European Super League".

I'm with AllRoverAsia on this. They must receive some kind of sanction because of the underhanded way they did this, behind the backs of other football clubs.

Some quite lame excuses there for being caught with their pants around the knee and willy waving.

The new structure for the CL, its seeding arrangements etc etc ensures that these greedy bastards will get the lions share of revenue going forward but in an environment which will retain some 'competitive' elements.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

English teams 

You are correct

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I was impressed by Oliver Dowden's speech and hope he presses on, without any delay, with the review.

Earlier this morning I saw a video on Real Madrid, their structure and their need to raise money through limited channels, mainly by sales & marketing. It kind of made me understand their rationale in fronting the ESL. However even their fan ownership structure is failed, owned by 90,000 Socios who have a vote for President and a few perks, that's the extent of their influence. The structure also dictates that anyone who stands for President or Board must be super-rich. Link attached in case of interest and you've not already viewed it.

Dowden's speech was good and this review headed by Tracey Crouch will go ahead. 

Yes Real Madrid and Barcelona dont have club owners but Presidents who run for an election every 4 years. 

Barcelona's president Joan Laporte said in January he was against these Super League plans so why 3 months later we did he agree to them without asking Club supporters 

• Like 1

None of the excuses should be taken seriously. This isn't something they stumbled on by accident and made a genuine error or judgment in the heat of the moment. This is something they've been cooking up in secret for months. It's a 100+ page contract. It's been fully thought out, they just didn't anticipate this level of back lash. The fact they were doing it without supporter consultation says it all. 

• Like 8

Well,well,well!....and back they all come,tails between legs and crawling on all fours.

These Clubs have shown their true colours,money is king to them and the fans are a very distant second.It's the same with Venkys.

Leaves a VERY bad taste in the Mouth.This is not the great game I was brought up on and I'm personally unsure I want any connection with it anymore.

The beautiful game is now a shit show from top to bottom.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you don't sanction they will try it again with nothing to fear or lose.

I can't ever remember such a disconnect between clubs and fans in football. Clearly Rovers is uppermost in most of our minds but this latest farce will be the final straw for many supporters of other clubs. The insatiable greed shown by the 'big six' will hopefully hit them hard in terms of their income streams despite their groveling, condescending apologies.

I'm glad it died, and died quickly.

I think that the rebel owners really thought that their fans would line up behind them becoming super clubs, and as a result the rest would fall in line.

They could not have been more wrong. 

Football is for fans. 

They'll keep trying but am happy that this one is kaput.

Now that it's all over it's back to reading about abominable Rovers and their inability to fire a manager who is clearly past it.