BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

3 hours ago, den said:

What the American owners in particular want, is the ability to stage show matches around Asia. They really don’t want any competition. They don’t want competitive football of any type. They simply want to sell their brand for as high a price that they can, to anyone who will pay it.

Do they not already own clubs in China and elsewhere, attracting at least some star players, playing in front of pretty big stadiums and crowds?

If money in football was spread around more clubs on more continents that would be so much better for everyone involved. 

4 hours ago, den said:

What the American owners in particular want, is the ability to stage show matches around Asia. They really don’t want any competition. They don’t want competitive football of any type. They simply want to sell their brand for as high a price that they can, to anyone who will pay it.

Show matches would be a feature but it's the billions of potential TV viewers in Asia and elsewhere that they are after.

Once established would it matter where the Clubs are based

Of course a Franchise deal would allow it to be moved to a Country or City that offered more cash.

China already buys other Countries - Beijing MU anyone?

Maybe New York Chelsea.

1 hour ago, Mr. E said:

Do they not already own clubs in China and elsewhere, attracting at least some star players, playing in front of pretty big stadiums and crowds?

If money in football was spread around more clubs on more continents that would be so much better for everyone involved. 

Not when ALL the money is controlled by the few.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Show matches would be a feature but it's the billions of potential TV viewers in Asia and elsewhere that they are after.

Of course a Franchise deal would allow it to be moved to a Country or City that offered more cash.

Maybe New York Chelsea.

Hi ARA, you'll probably know the cost of watching Premier League matches in China, heard on the radio the other night that's it's £1 a match?

51 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Hi ARA, you'll probably know the cost of watching Premier League matches in China, heard on the radio the other night that's it's £1 a match?

Don't know about China but here it's about 10 quid a month to legally access every PL game, all of them, in HD.

So if say just watching one teams 38 games in a season cost per game is just a bit over 3 quid.

But all 380 games per season are available.

You could watch them all, plenty of replays shown, at a cost of about 30 pence a game!

I suspect China may be a bit cheaper, but there's a lot more potential viewers.

Remember though its not only the Straits of Malacca  that have Pirates.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Don't know about China but here it's about 10 quid a month to legally access every PL game, all of them, in HD.

So if say just watching one teams 38 games in a season cost per game is just a bit over 3 quid.

But all 380 games per season are available.

You could watch them all, plenty of replays shown, at a cost of about 30 pence a game!

I suspect China may be a bit cheaper, but there's a lot more potential viewers.

Remember though its not only the Straits of Malacca  that have Pirates.

Thanks for that 👍

10 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Maybe New York Chelsea.

In my mind, if there is no promotion or relegation and the same teams play each other year in, year out, all the games are show games. The only thing they’re trying to do is attract the money. Nothing else. It’s not in any way a competition, is it?

2 hours ago, den said:

In my mind, if there is no promotion or relegation and the same teams play each other year in, year out, all the games are show games. The only thing they’re trying to do is attract the money. Nothing else. It’s not in any way a competition, is it?

There will be winners, so some competition at the top - just no losers. Essentially just ensuring they all eat at the top table for all eternity without the threat of being replaced. 

4 hours ago, den said:

I agree totally with you re show games, all televised to billions and proceeds direct to the greedy clubs.

Maybe my wording could have been better.

It all about the money for the few. The American model.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I agree totally with you re show games, all televised to billions and proceeds direct to the greedy clubs.

Maybe my wording could have been better.

It all about the money for the few. The American model.

👍

Yes, we’re both (all) on the same wavelength.

There seems to be a push towards more fan involvement and more scrutiny on the owners. - which would be brilliant. The bigger clubs will push back against that I’m sure. Why? Because fans should be seen and not heard in their ideal money driven world.

I would love it to happen though.

Edited by den
  • Like 1

Certainly not major news in the context of last week's super league uproar but Bayern have appointed Julian Nagelsmann as their next boss. Paying RB Leipzig oodles for the privilege. Spurs were allegedly in for him. Back to Brendan Rodgers for them then.

Bayern appoint Nagelsmann as manager to replace Treble-winning Flick (espn.co.uk)

The Bundesliga gets plaudits for many things but having Bayern hoover up the best talent from other teams yearly must get a bit long in the tooth for other teams.

• Like 1

Paying? Is it some 25m compo, WOW. But I would like to try his footbotron machine that sounds cool.

Well done to Chelsea, Tuchel is doing very well for them, which is good to see. I'm hoping for a city Chelsea final as I don't want PSG or Madrid to lift the trophy. Especially not PSG.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Meesh said:

I've only watched a few minutes of this Champions League match and the simulation going on is cringe-worthy. You can see it all unfold in the replay, and it's always the same. A player gets slightly grazed, or has to jump out of the way, and in the moments after where they clearly haven't been hurt, they remember their screaming and agony training, and the act begins.

Is there any going back from this silliness?

VAR being used to book players.

Otherwise no. 

Just now, Meesh said:

I've only watched a few minutes of this Champions League match and the simulation going on is cringe-worthy. You can see it all unfold in the replay, and it's always the same. A player gets slightly grazed, or has to jump out of the way, and in the moments after where they clearly haven't been hurt, they remember their screaming and agony training, and the act begins.

Is there any going back from this silliness?

Not while Refs buy into it and give cheap fouls.

These Refs, like tonights, know what it going on.

52 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Not while Refs buy into it and give cheap fouls.

These Refs, like tonights, know what it going on.

He does but he bought neymar's playacting.  Can't stand him. Talented to a degree but falls over at every touch.  

It's no wonder that Barcelona were gung ho for the super league. Their latest accounts are out and they are over €1 billion in debt.

Barcelona seeking new finance streams for €350m hole after Super League collapse - sources (espn.co.uk)

A good portion of it is due in the next few months. 

I'm sure that they will get their money from somewhere, but the club bigwigs must be worried. Messi doesn't have long left. He has been carrying them for a few seasons now. Their last mass spending spree was a complete waste.

• Moderation Lead

There was a rumour doing the rounds that if Coutinho played again this season, they had to pay Liverpool £8 Million....

Might be bollocks, but he has been injured for a bit....

11 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

It's no wonder that Barcelona were gung ho for the super league. Their latest accounts are out and they are over €1 billion in debt.

Barcelona seeking new finance streams for €350m hole after Super League collapse - sources (espn.co.uk)

A good portion of it is due in the next few months. 

I'm sure that they will get their money from somewhere, but the club bigwigs must be worried. Messi doesn't have long left. He has been carrying them for a few seasons now. Their last mass spending spree was a complete waste.

I think due to the pandemic they have suffered a lot.  This will be a refinancing exercise,  borrowing is cheap at the moment.  Their initial problem is like you say, finding the wages which they pay in a lump sum in the next 2-3 months.  I'm sure the local catalonia council might help out...