Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

5 minutes ago, Meesh said:

I've only watched a few minutes of this Champions League match and the simulation going on is cringe-worthy. You can see it all unfold in the replay, and it's always the same. A player gets slightly grazed, or has to jump out of the way, and in the moments after where they clearly haven't been hurt, they remember their screaming and agony training, and the act begins.

Is there any going back from this silliness?

VAR being used to book players.

Otherwise no. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What this is about, is the big clubs taking total control of European football. They are taking the power from the bodies such as UEFA, the PL. Between them they are cementing their position of runnin

i actually hope it happens,it`ll be a clean slate,all the greed will be in one league and eventually they`ll all turn on each other for bigger slices of the money,chuck them out of their leagues and l

Why do people care so much? Over to the late Sir Bobby Robson... “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the televisio

Posted Images

Just now, Meesh said:

I've only watched a few minutes of this Champions League match and the simulation going on is cringe-worthy. You can see it all unfold in the replay, and it's always the same. A player gets slightly grazed, or has to jump out of the way, and in the moments after where they clearly haven't been hurt, they remember their screaming and agony training, and the act begins.

Is there any going back from this silliness?

Not while Refs buy into it and give cheap fouls.

These Refs, like tonights, know what it going on.

52 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Not while Refs buy into it and give cheap fouls.

These Refs, like tonights, know what it going on.

He does but he bought neymar's playacting.  Can't stand him. Talented to a degree but falls over at every touch.  

5 hours ago, roverandout said:

He does but he bought neymar's playacting.  Can't stand him. Talented to a degree but falls over at every touch.  

Agreed. Good Ref tonight apart from the collusion with the actors.

It's no wonder that Barcelona were gung ho for the super league. Their latest accounts are out and they are over €1 billion in debt.

Barcelona seeking new finance streams for €350m hole after Super League collapse - sources (espn.co.uk)

A good portion of it is due in the next few months. 

I'm sure that they will get their money from somewhere, but the club bigwigs must be worried. Messi doesn't have long left. He has been carrying them for a few seasons now. Their last mass spending spree was a complete waste.

• Moderation Lead

There was a rumour doing the rounds that if Coutinho played again this season, they had to pay Liverpool £8 Million....

Might be bollocks, but he has been injured for a bit....

11 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

It's no wonder that Barcelona were gung ho for the super league. Their latest accounts are out and they are over €1 billion in debt.

Barcelona seeking new finance streams for €350m hole after Super League collapse - sources (espn.co.uk)

A good portion of it is due in the next few months. 

I'm sure that they will get their money from somewhere, but the club bigwigs must be worried. Messi doesn't have long left. He has been carrying them for a few seasons now. Their last mass spending spree was a complete waste.

I think due to the pandemic they have suffered a lot.  This will be a refinancing exercise,  borrowing is cheap at the moment.  Their initial problem is like you say, finding the wages which they pay in a lump sum in the next 2-3 months.  I'm sure the local catalonia council might help out...