Jump to content

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο


Recommended Posts

Bit of a shambles in South America at the moment.Copa America is supposed to start in 2 weeks.Originally it was awarded to Columbia and Argentina as co-hosts but Columbia were stripped as hosts back on 20th of May because of widespread protests against the government there then yesterday Argentina were also stripped because of a covid surge in the country.

Guess what wise thing Conmebol(South American equivalent of UEFA) have done........they've awarded it to Brazil,that'll be the country were protests were staged on Saturday against the President whose done a worse job the Boris at handling the covid crisis,460.000 deaths and 16 million covid cases so far.The mind boggles to why strip Agrentina to give it to a country in worse state.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What this is about, is the big clubs taking total control of European football. They are taking the power from the bodies such as UEFA, the PL. Between them they are cementing their position of runnin

Why do people care so much? Over to the late Sir Bobby Robson... “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the televisio

i actually hope it happens,it`ll be a clean slate,all the greed will be in one league and eventually they`ll all turn on each other for bigger slices of the money,chuck them out of their leagues and l

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Bit of a shambles in South America at the moment.Copa America is supposed to start in 2 weeks.Originally it was awarded to Columbia and Argentina as co-hosts but Columbia were stripped as hosts back on 20th of May because of widespread protests against the government there then yesterday Argentina were also stripped because of a covid surge in the country.

Guess what wise thing Conmebol(South American equivalent of UEFA) have done........they've awarded it to Brazil,that'll be the country were protests were staged on Saturday against the President whose done a worse job the Boris at handling the covid crisis,460.000 deaths and 16 million covid cases so far.The mind boggles to why strip Agrentina to give it to a country in worse state.

They should just cancel it. At least in Europe we have it under control. Sort of. Good idea spreading the tournament around Europe means that there's plenty of hosts 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, roverandout said:

They should just cancel it. At least in Europe we have it under control. Sort of. Good idea spreading the tournament around Europe means that there's plenty of hosts 

The idea was a silly one really prior to covid (as was even more so making the tournament asymmetrical and 24 teamed)  but it has worked out ok. Are away fans allowed to travel to stadiums, it would seem illogical if they are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The idea was a silly one really prior to covid (as was even more so making the tournament asymmetrical and 24 teamed)  but it has worked out ok. Are away fans allowed to travel to stadiums, it would seem illogical if they are.

Yes 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Yes 

Seems crazy to allow people from other countries in to be honest.

Interesting to see the squad today. The pathway that we are likely to face looks like chalk and cheese compared to the World Cup. We are looking at tough teams throughout any route past the group stage, including France, Portugal or Germany in the second round in which wed be the underdog.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems crazy to allow people from other countries in to be honest.

Interesting to see the squad today. The pathway that we are likely to face looks like chalk and cheese compared to the World Cup. We are looking at tough teams throughout any route past the group stage, including France, Portugal or Germany in the second round in which wed be the underdog.

Underdog v France. I fancy our chances against Germany and Portugal 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Underdog v France. I fancy our chances against Germany and Portugal 

Portugal I think look as strong as anyone and so much better than previous tournaments. You look at Dias and Cancelo added to their defence, Bruno Fernandes now key in attacking midfield with the likes of Neves and Danilo sitting, and they like us have an abundance of attackers whereas in the last Euros that they won, it was Eder who got the winner, an otherwise poor player. Along with Ronaldo and Bernardo Silva, they have Jota, Felix and Andre Silva.

Either way, that last 16 game is going to be so difficult should we get there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That Andre Silva has close to a 1 in 2 record. 92 goals in 234 appearances. (40 in 57 for Frankfurt). Agree that they have as much chance as any of the top teams. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/12/2020 at 16:04, philipl said:

Just 6 are English:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/dec/21/the-100-best-male-footballers-in-the-world-2020

List topped by Sam's planned Rovers signing Robert Lewandowski. 

How a volcanic ash cloud changed our world...

I didn't really know where to put this, but it seems Lewandowski was never going to sign for the Rovers, volcanic ash cloud or not, from the horse's mouth.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19360936.lewandowski-sets-record-straight-failed-blackburn-rovers-move/

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I didn't really know where to put this, but it seems Lewandowski was never going to sign for the Rovers, volcanic ash cloud or not, from the horse's mouth.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19360936.lewandowski-sets-record-straight-failed-blackburn-rovers-move/

He's just saying that. He doesn't want the Dortmund fans to think he was close to signing for a bigger club than them 😁.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I didn't really know where to put this, but it seems Lewandowski was never going to sign for the Rovers, volcanic ash cloud or not, from the horse's mouth.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19360936.lewandowski-sets-record-straight-failed-blackburn-rovers-move/

So, even though he was already 100% decided that he was going to sign for Dortmund, he thought he might as well hop on a plane just to come & have a look around the sprawling metropolis that is Blackburn, just for kicks? Okaaaayyyy, whatever Robert, if you say so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

So, even though he was already 100% decided that he was going to sign for Dortmund, he thought he might as well hop on a plane just to come & have a look around the sprawling metropolis that is Blackburn, just for kicks? Okaaaayyyy, whatever Robert, if you say so.

To be fair yes that's generally the way it works with young footballers and agents etc. Plenty of them go through the motions of feigning interest just in case they need a plan B, but you can't fault the player's logic. He wanted to play in European competition, which Rovers couldn't offer him at that time. Even Sam said that while we really wanted him we were never likely to get him. 

Edited by oldjamfan1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting story happening in South Africa in the equivalent of our Championship trying to get into the top league. 

As far as I can tell Royal AM finished top of league on 51pts versus 2nd place on 50 pts, and celebrated promotion. 

The league authorities then decided the 2nd place team's opponent in a loss back in January hadn't fielded the right amount of U23 players and retrospectively awarded the 3 pts to them, thus making them league winners, and putting Royal AM in the playoffs. 

Royal AM have tried to fight it in Court, been ruled against. They turned up to their first playoff game today - players, bus, coaching staff etc- but then all got in their vehicles and pissed off before kickoff. 

 

 

Ref blew the whistle and Chippa Utd were awarded 3-0 win.

Really odd. Why not just play the game AND still continue to fight it in Court.

You might win and then it would become a moot point.

All a bit of a shambles. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.