BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fútbol, Le Foot, Voetbal, ποδόσφαιρο

9 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

The BBC said it had been in "extensive discussions with Gary and team in recent days" and "has decided that he will step back from presenting Match of the Day until we've got an agreed and clear position on his use of social media".

Gary Lineker to step back from presenting Match of the Day - BBC News

I was using their terminology. 

Yes, that’s how it was originally worded. 
Since then commentators close to Lineker have said that’s not true. They say he’s been suspended for refusing to apologise. Ian Wright won’t appear in MOTD tomorrow in support of Lineker.

Apparently it’s only one episode of Attenborough’s series that’s been excluded so it doesn’t upset right wingers.

Edited by den
  • Like 2

I hear even the newest David Attenborough show has been pulled, and is online only because parts may criticise government policy. I apologise for going off on a tangent but I guess the BBC is now as impartial as Russia Today if this is true. 

I don't know how to steer this back on topic but I'll say it is going to be interesting to see how the European form affects the race for 4th place.

This could be huge and if proven to be true open a can of worms. Coming hot on the heels after the much criticised World Cup and Juventus scandal football could once achieve entering murky waters.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12830520/barcelona-laliga-giants-charged-over-payments-to-former-referees-official-jose-maria-enriquez-negreira

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These entitled footballers really annoy me. They blame everyone and everything apart from themselves. Beaten by Scotland, suck it up and move on instead of making an absolute fool of yourself.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12844556/scotland-boss-steve-clarke-on-beating-spain-we-have-put-a-marker-down-rodri-the-way-scotland-play-is-rubbish

• Like 4

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

These entitled footballers really annoy me. They blame everyone and everything apart from themselves. Beaten by Scotland, suck it up and move on instead of making an absolute fool of yourself.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12844556/scotland-boss-steve-clarke-on-beating-spain-we-have-put-a-marker-down-rodri-the-way-scotland-play-is-rubbish

"They don't like it up 'em!" :):):) 

• Like 1

I doubt Rodri, whose head is up his arse, mentioned the diving for penalties and faking injuries to get bookings that the Spanish carried on, Joselu should have been booked for a blatant dive in the box.

Scotland were not overly physical, the Spanish were pussy cats crying in their sour milk.

On the night Scotland comfortably contained any threats and took their chances and played well as a team giving 110 pc throughout.

Rodri in particular is a petulant git who has confirmed the poor sportsmanship of his nation.

Pathetic attempt to cover up the simple fact that on the night Spain would not have scored in a Barcelona whorehouse giving it away for free.

The whole Scotland team played a great game and I thought Porteous was outstanding.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

• Moderation Lead

This isn’t exactly a vintage Spain side, when you compare it to the recent WC and Euro winning ones.

They got done and their own game and they’re fuming about it, nobody to blame but themselves I’m afraid.

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

This isn’t exactly a vintage Spain side, when you compare it to the recent WC and Euro winning ones.

They got done and their own game and they’re fuming about it, nobody to blame but themselves I’m afraid.

England has what Spain doesn't, and vice versa.

Give Spain Kane or Rashford, and they'll win more games. Give England Gavi or Pedri and England will. 

Spain, like Portugal, produces fantastic footballers but haven't produced relatively similar numbers in the goal scoring department. Torres, Villa, Raul were top class yet after that I'm struggling to think of any off the top of my head (I'm sure there are, but I'd have to look). Barcelona and Real Madrid usually have a non-Spaniard up front. 

Spain are showing why no qualifying campaign is ever a dead cert

There are usually a big name that gets caught out. Spain could be this years

I personally think the competition is getting better around Europe, not that these 'great nations' are in decline. European academies are venturing far and wide to unearth that next gem and nations are benefitting

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

There is a huge game at Accrington tomorrow when Cambridge are the visitors. A win for Stanley and other results going for them would take them out of the bottom four and out survival back in their own hands. They are advertising it as their World Cup final and have opened the Coppice End for Accrington fans £5.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, roverandout said:

I notice you single out an English player. You are the antithesis of me

Well yeah, he naturally provokes the most conversation as he is English. Had I said Kjaer for example, not really relevant to most. Seen Tomori a few times and he always has errors in him, sometimes covered by his pace, but not convinced. Mind you, that Milan side has done well to get to the Champions League Semi Final as it is extremely limited. Missed Leao tonight who has always stood out when I have watched them.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Well yeah, he naturally provokes the most conversation as he is English. Had I said Kjaer for example, not really relevant to most. Seen Tomori a few times and he always has errors in him, sometimes covered by his pace, but not convinced. Mind you, that Milan side has done well to get to the Champions League Semi Final as it is extremely limited. Missed Leao tonight who has always stood out when I have watched them.

I was only kidding but as for your assessment of tomori.  They have kept more clean sheets with him in the team and yes I can back it up as i have been following him closely