BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dumb Footballing Blog Comments

neekoy

I love looking at blog comments on all things football from news articles to polling sites.

Couldn't think of where else this could go, but moving past the whole Liverpool are ###### ###### or GO THE REDS! thought we could start a blog comments thread for all the funny crap you read everyday at the bottom of the page.

Posted by Josh The Newman 2 days, 14 hours ago

Rooney is no doubt the best player in the British Premier League, and the most valuable player for Man U.

Posted by Fred 2 days, 15 hours ago

Rooney is filling in the shoes of C. Ronaldo who for 3 seasons in a row helped Man U win the title single handendly. For those 3 seasons, Rooney's importance was overshadowed by Ronaldo's brilliance and dominace. He has a chance to prove that he is just as good and perhaps better and more loyal ( if he remains in Man U and not go to Real next season) than Ronaldo. Man U will win the title if Rooney maintains his form and scores a couple more goals to reach 25 or 26 for the Premier league

Posted by mugooda bruno 2 days, 15 hours ago

No one would not wish ,Fabregas be in his team.He is a player who makes difficult things look ordinally.He makes us believe that a striker can get goals from midfield with ease.His needlelike passes remain us of the golden errors of Pep Gardiola.He is such a player who can make Arsenal create chance after chance, and how one wishes if he can transform his workrate into goals ,Arsenal can win back to back trophies if he is not fooled by the catalan club's chase that had earlier rejected his future

I don't doubt or downplay the talents of Rooney, Fabregas et al. but are they really that much better than most players out there? Every team has it's talisman, if they're lucky and rich enough they have 2 or 3. I put this abnormal hero worship down to one simple fact - these teams get 10x more exposure than most other teams & players.

Remove your blue & white glasses for a second and who can honestly say Gerrard was a better midfielder than Tugay? But who was seen more on the TV screens around the world?

The people who make such inane comments do not watch other teams or players, yes Fabregas is the best midfielder in the PL but he has off days and he is not so far above EVERY other player, we have all seen him done over by others. Likewise Rooney, woohoo he might finish on 25, 26 goals! Look at the past records of Shearer, Bergkamp, Henry etc. - is he really that much better?

At least when we watched Shearer at Rovers we knew he was the best and the stats proved it again and again.

Funny thing is we never bragged about it, we, and every one else, knew it was true...

Putting club differences aside, I think Rooney is a phenomenal footballer: Every now and then a player of such gifts and stature comes along and, in my lifetime, the British players who could truly be considered great are Best, Gascoigne and Rooney - oh, and my Dad says Duncan Edwards could fit into this very elite group. There are arguments for others who have been good international players - Dalglish, Hoddle, Lineker, Shearer to name but a few - but those three can/could change games at any level and can be mentioned in the same breath as the world greats. That's how good Rooney is in my opinion and, what's more, he's getting better. He has the physicality of Shearer in his pomp, the passing vision of Hoddle, the ability to find space that Lineker possessed and the balance and technique of Best. I enjoy watching him play as much as he enjoys playing - I just wish he didn't play for his current club!

But he shouldn't be captain of his country - in the current circumstances, that honour should go to Gerrard or Lampard but, hey, what do I know?

Putting club differences aside, I think Rooney is a phenomenal footballer: Every now and then a player of such gifts and stature comes along and, in my lifetime, the British players who could truly be considered great are Best, Gascoigne and Rooney - oh, and my Dad says Duncan Edwards could fit into this very elite group. There are arguments for others who have been good international players - Dalglish, Hoddle, Lineker, Shearer to name but a few - but those three can/could change games at any level and can be mentioned in the same breath as the world greats. That's how good Rooney is in my opinion and, what's more, he's getting better. He has the physicality of Shearer in his pomp, the passing vision of Hoddle, the ability to find space that Lineker possessed and the balance and technique of Best. I enjoy watching him play as much as he enjoys playing - I just wish he didn't play for his current club!

But he shouldn't be captain of his country - in the current circumstances, that honour should go to Gerrard or Lampard but, hey, what do I know?

Rooney is miles ahead of any other prem player, he has the lot, with Fabrigas a close second!! Juist dont get me on to the overated Brazilians!!

I don't doubt or downplay the talents of Rooney, Fabregas et al. but are they really that much better than most players out there? Every team has it's talisman, if they're lucky and rich enough they have 2 or 3. I put this abnormal hero worship down to one simple fact - these teams get 10x more exposure than most other teams & players.

Remove your blue & white glasses for a second and who can honestly say Gerrard was a better midfielder than Tugay? But who was seen more on the TV screens around the world?

The people who make such inane comments do not watch other teams or players, yes Fabregas is the best midfielder in the PL but he has off days and he is not so far above EVERY other player, we have all seen him done over by others. Likewise Rooney, woohoo he might finish on 25, 26 goals! Look at the past records of Shearer, Bergkamp, Henry etc. - is he really that much better?

At least when we watched Shearer at Rovers we knew he was the best and the stats proved it again and again.

Funny thing is we never bragged about it, we, and every one else, knew it was true...

Sorry but this post is way off the mark.

I love Tugay as much as the next guy and he was a great player and a fantastic character to boot. But surely its you with the blue and white tinted glasses on if you claim that Tugay was a better player? Tugay was a brilliant passer, could score brilliant long range goals and was very skilful. Gerard has all of those things (though maybe not as much flair maybe), but his atheleticism and defensive work far outstrips that of Tugay.

Noone is claiming that Rooney is that much better than Shearer, Bergkamp or Henry but in their day they all had similar fawning articles written about them and with good reason. However I would say Rooney is a more complete player than Shearer, not to put Shearer down at all but Rooney's all round play has more to it.

Rooney is awesome but I would prefer any of Shearer, Bergkamp or Henry at their peak in my team.

Then Zidane is on a whole other level.

Can't agree about Shearer, Bergkamp or Henry before Rooney even though Shearer was mighty at times - as someone said, Rooney is the more complete player.

Zidane on the other hand I agree is one of those world greats I mentioned in my earlier post and deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Pele, Maradona, Cruyff ............ and Best, Gascoigne and Rooney although with Gascoigne (the most naturally talented British player since Best) it is a shame he was so flawed in other non-footballing ways as he never achieved as much as his ability could have allowed. Perhaps he moved to the wrong club from Newcastle??

Zidane on the other hand I agree is one of those world greats I mentioned in my earlier post and deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Pele, Maradona, Cruyff ............ and Best, Gascoigne and Rooney although with Gascoigne (the most naturally talented British player since Best) it is a shame he was so flawed in other non-footballing ways as he never achieved as much as his ability could have allowed. Perhaps he moved to the wrong club from Newcastle??

Zidane would have made a very nice Cosmo if he were born 20 years earlier...

as far as best player in the Prem If i'm only adding a player for a year or two I might take Drogba but Rooney is very close and being 6/7 years younger would make it alot easier to say Wayne.

Not a blog but a website. Clarets Mad.

"Samba as big and strong as he seems is possibly the worst timed tackler I have ever seen.

You are welcome to him mate."

That's right...a Burnley fan who wouldn't want Samba near their club. Suppose they must have some really awesome defenders...

Usually I have better things to do than read Burnley forums for cheap laughs. Just not right this moment though...

Thread - Blackburn are seriously short of cashh

Not a blog but a website. Clarets Mad.

"Samba as big and strong as he seems is possibly the worst timed tackler I have ever seen.

You are welcome to him mate."

That's right...a Burnley fan who wouldn't want Samba near their club. Suppose they must have some really awesome defenders...

Usually I have better things to do than read Burnley forums for cheap laughs. Just not right this moment though...

Thread - Blackburn are seriously short of cashh

I very rarely have anything to do with Burnley but I decided to follow the link.

What I found amazing was the lack of hatred towards us, especially compared to some of the postings on this message board!!

Not a blog comment but I remember one of the commentators during the Man City match saying something like this...

"This is Tevez' 2nd Premier League hatrick, the other also came against Blackburn Rovers in last years Carling Cup"

I have a personal favourite commentator moment this reminded me of. The year is 200whatever, Man City are playing someone in the FA Cup I think, and Chinese defender Sun Jihai takes a long range shot which whizzes over the bar.

Commentator: "A rising shot from the man from the land of the rising sun."

Erk.

Archived