BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stoke Vs Rovers

I think you are right with Fuller's suspend, he has 5 yellow cards on the official Stoke City homepage. But Wilkinson has only 4.

But if it's true, it is a very good news to Rovers

Might mean Beattie plays against us on Sat. Quitely confident we can keep a clean sheet and hopefully nick one. It will be an awful game though!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well considering Stoke have absolutely no interest (even less than us!) in passing the ball I hope we go 442. No point in packing a bypassed midfield. Kalinic and Di Santo up front (we need to give them a chance sometime!), Olsson, Pedersen, Reid, Emeton strung across the middle and our usual back five (Givet, Nelsen, Samba, Chimbonda, Robinson).

It would be nice if Dunn, Grella and Basturk were all fit enough to get on the bench. Hopefully it would push Andrews off it too.

You don't pick up a suspension for 5 bookings at this stage of the season. I think the players just get sent a strongly-worded letter telling them how naughty they've been.

Yeah you're right Scotty. Regarding Wilkinson last night the ESPN commentator said something along the lines of that and how "he'll be getting a letter from the FA".

So Wilkinson and Fuller should be fine to play.

I watched the Stoke v Sunderland game last night and am truely sorry that I did, it was enough to stop you watching football!!

I think that as long as you can deal with the high ball - from throw ins or just lumped up - or at least win the second ball then it is possible to nullify them. Other than Etherington they dont have a midfield capeable of playing through or round opponents .They are very physical and competitive (nothing wrong in that) and we will have to match them but I can see us nicking a draw from this one.

Stoke 1 Rovers 1

:rover: I hope phil thompson is watching this on ssn then he will see why rovers fans hate lardarse :wacko::brfc:

You obviously have strong feelings against Sam. Fans need to get used to the fact that we are slowly building a squad for the future and it will take a long time to achieve our goals with the finances available.

As I have said many times before, our position in the league is something to be proud of. Just because you have strong feelings against Sam and to wish for him to fail, dragging Rovers into relegation battle is selfish and pathetic. Rovers fans want the best for the club and it this moment in time the best for the club is Big Sam.

:rover: I hope phil thompson is watching this on ssn then he will see why rovers fans hate lardarse :wacko::brfc:

Let's see if you're still slagging him off at the end of the season when we've probably finished mid-table, miles away from relegation with some promising youngsters coming through and potential further improvement next season.

Boring...

I am going for a thrilling 0-0 draw with a missed penalty in the first half and not another chance in sight. This is an under 2.5 goals game if i ever saw one. Do i care? Not in the slightest. Come on lets keep in the top half!

Let's see if you're still slagging him off at the end of the season when we've probably finished mid-table, miles away from relegation with some promising youngsters coming through and potential further improvement next season.

:rover: i'll slag him off till he leaves,sooner the better :blink::brfcsmilie:

:rover: i'll slag him off till he leaves,sooner the better :blink::brfcsmilie:

the sooner you grow up and stop coming out with BS all the time will be better more like!

Going to be a tough game for us on saturday, like it always is at Stoke, but the last couple of displays have been much better and i fancy us to grab something

1-2 Rovers

BIG SAM'S BLUE & WHITE ARMY!!

A point would be decent but a win a real boost. Is Dunn available? He and MGP in the midfield should be able to provide Kalinic with some decent service.

Rovers 2-0 Stoke. Kalinic with both goals.

Robbo

Chimbonda-Samba-Nelsen-Givet

Emerton-N'Zonzi-MGP-Olsen

Dunn

Kalinic

Hopefully a better game than last season. That was the worst game i have seen for years - the team just did not turn up and the Rovers fans certainly made them aware of it - that is what happens when you place a hot dog stand ( a crap one ) next to the team coach!

Hope MGP keeps up his good form.....talking about MGP has anyone got a link to the goal he scored against wigan? I have only seen it in real time and would like to watch a recording of it.

0-0 and a crap game would suit me just fine but probably not the travelling fans

That'd suit me, and I'm going! At away games, the atmosphere is the key element for fans methinks. Any kind of good result (draw/win) is a bonus. It's about getting lashed for me (it's my best mates b'day).

Archived