BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stoke Vs Rovers

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the 1-0 defeat that ended our 23 game unbeaten run there. About 5 or 6,000 of us in an enclosure that should've held about 4,000. Chrissy Price had a blatant pen turned down at the end. Great away support that season (was it 87/88?).

Oh the memories.....Don McKay running out across the pitch to our fans and a load of trouble at the end of the game too!

I think Gav was sat on my shoulder for most of the game.

Good team selection, and good to see Niko and Franco up front together.

Finally! This makes me feel incredibly confident in a Rovers win.

If we don't win this game, will it be Sam's fault, our ours for demanding two strikers?

Very pleased with the line-up all things considered - come on Rovers!

Both. But in any event its a fighting line up and no one would be to blame as its our best starting XI.

I think some speculated on here that losing Benni and not getting a replacement would force Sam's hand to play 4-5-1 - I would argue if anything the opposite has happened here. He needs to give Di Santo games as if Kalinic gets injured we have the choice between Roberts and a potentially talented striker in Di Santo who has barely had any games. I don't think it's a coincidence that this is one of the rare occasions he's played the two of them up front.

I remember the 1-0 defeat that ended our 23 game unbeaten run there. About 5 or 6,000 of us in an enclosure that should've held about 4,000. Chrissy Price had a blatant pen turned down at the end. Great away support that season (was it 87/88?).

I remember Price scoring and running virtually the full length of the pitch to celebrate? Happy days ....

that's the thing, isn't it? Stoke City will score first-time volley, but if that chance fell to us you know it'd be a mishit, a narrow miss, strike the goalkeeper, strike the post, strike our own player, get cleared off the line...everything and anything will happen for it not to go in.

our luck this season has been beyond absurd.

edit: and there you go. Di Santo point-black header vs the keeper and it's over.

Archived