BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool In Difficulties

philipl

I believe that the man has to be the worse tactician in the league, I mean how many postitions does Gerrard play during a game.

Em, we are losing 1-0 with around 10mins to go in the Champions League Final....I know I'll put on another defender, despite having Craig Bellamy on the bench :lol:

Point three....Dirk Kuyt :o

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe that the man has to be the worse tactician in the league, I mean how many postitions does Gerrard play during a game.

thats gerrard for you though, he will try his heart out wherever he plays, always good to have a plyer lke that.

i know what you mean about rafa... he certainly gets me thinking :wacko: 1 minute you think hes doing well the next minute..... :blink: hes clueless, just cant explain it.

hes still a top manager tho imo

People can say what they want about Rafa but he's a top top manager, his record speaks for itself.

Yeah he's done wonders for Livepool in the League - they're easily the best of the rest outside the top 3, and he's hardly spent anymore either :rolleyes:

Rafa is overrated

He took a team at Valencia that was primed for success and built by someone else (a team that had already reached two CL finals) and won some titles. Most above average managers could have achieved the same thing.

He took a Liverpool team that was built by someone else and was already showing success and spent a shedload of dollars and turned them into a worse team.

He is useless in the transfer market, relying on his heritage to be a drawcard for quality foreign players.

And for those who mention the CL and FA Cup win, Liverpool played 10 minutes of football relying on the heart of SG to get them to a penalty shootout. Ancelotti learnt from his mistake in the CL and cleaned them up second time around, no SG inspiration, no Liverpool.

This year it has all been about Torres, without him Pool would be in the bottom half of the table.

I have no doubt the replacement of Benitez with Mourinho would bring them the title they for some reason feel they deserve.

Also, I hope they are the next Leeds

Why are you so bitter about Liverpool?

How could a guy who has won so many trophies be overrated??

So you trying to say You could win the league title at Man Utd, it's already built for You, why don't You have a try?

If You saw the CL Final, Liverpool were the better side, Milan didn't 'clean them up'

And thats why they paid so much money for Torres, he scores the goals when they need him, Gerrard has scored 15 goals too.

If you take Carragher, Gerrard and Torres out of that team - they'd be in the bottom half of the Premiership. That might sound an exageration - but look at how many points they have - and how many times those three have saved them.

...and the fact is Rafa inherited 2 of them - which he is very lucky to have done.

If you take Carragher, Gerrard and Torres out of that team - they'd be in the bottom half of the Premiership. That might sound an exageration - but look at how many points they have - and how many times those three have saved them.

...and the fact is Rafa inherited 2 of them - which he is very lucky to have done.

You can say that about any team, take Ronaldo, Rio and Rooney out, United would be a weaker side too.

You can say that about any team, take Ronaldo, Rio and Rooney out, United would be a weaker side too.

Who Ferguson has bought and developed into the players they are today.

United would still finish in the top 3 without those three - Liverpool would be nowhere near.

My point was Rafa has been lucky to inherit Carragher and Gerrard - they've made him look a better manager than he is.

If You saw the CL Final, Liverpool were the better side, Milan didn't 'clean them up'

I watched the CL final and Milan won a convincing victory. Liverpool had quite a bit of possession but created nothing. Milan nullified them perfectly and took their chances. I don't see how that makes Liverpool the better team.

Its the league that L'pool fans now care about-not the Champs league, theyve moved past that. Rafa is clearly not a good enough league manager and they will not wn Englands top flight with him in charge. Dont make him a bad manger-it just aint gonna happen

Got to agree with Revidge and co., "Rafa" (always makes me think of a basket, or a whicker chair), is a rubbish manager.

Spending all that money, and his team's bobbins!

Actually, his team isn't bobbins, rafa is.

If you look at the talent in that squad, there are probably 15 managers in the Prem which could take the current Liverpool squad to the title. Problem Liverpool have got, they've got one of the five who can't.

No matter how much Rafa rotates them, Liverpool don't let goals in. Put BFS in charge and you'd get

W38 D0 L0 F38 A0 Thank you and good night. Last Koppite awake puts the lights out.

I watched the CL final and Milan won a convincing victory. Liverpool had quite a bit of possession but created nothing. Milan nullified them perfectly and took their chances. I don't see how that makes Liverpool the better team.

Exactly

I look at it this way, without the inspiration of Gerrard (see CL final V1 and FA Cup), Benitez would have no trophies, spent a crap load of money and not improved the team in anyway.

Touching on his man management and quality, name one player that has actually got better under Benitez? In fact some have got worse!

Touching on his tactical nouse, how could he not see or anticipate the impact of Kaka, not once but TWICE!

Touching on his transfer dealings, well let's not go there :wacko: .

I stated at the start of the year that this was it for him. The fact he remains so so so very far behind the league leaders with the squad he has in his hands says enough.

We sit three points adrift, enough said.

I'm sure that comment would give Ferguson and Wenger a bit of a laugh .... :D

Far from it- Rafa got them on a roll early season then rotated the team and lost points and all momentum.

Liverpool have a very mean defense and certainly enough fire power to be looking Man U and Arsenal eye to eye in the Premiership with the squad they've got.

We must agree to differ .....(not that I'm disagreeing with your views on Benitez anyway .) Liverpool have been an inconsistent team in the league for decades now - it'd still be a long term project for any manager after Benitez has gone to break the stranglehold on the present top three .

If you look at the talent in that squad, there are probably 15 managers in the Prem which could take the current Liverpool squad to the title. Problem Liverpool have got, they've got one of the five who can't.

I disagree strobgly with that point. If Lpool held a fire sale tomorrow I think Wenger, Ferguson and Grant would only be interested in no more than 3 of their players. Torres, Gerrard and possibly Carragher might just squeeze into the squads of the top 3 teams.

I disagree strobgly with that point. If Lpool held a fire sale tomorrow I think Wenger, Ferguson and Grant would only be interested in no more than 3 of their players. Torres, Gerrard and possibly Carragher might just squeeze into the squads of the top 3 teams.

Bendtner is a better player than Crouch? :blink:

If Liverpool played a consistent team they would be fighting for the title. I remember one run last season where Bellamy was just starting to get into a good groove and then was sat for a couple of matches (just as an example).

I guess if we want to know the opinion of Liverpool fans, we've seen what ROTR is saying....

Archived