SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool In Difficulties

philipl

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah, the quote that shows why they will never be successful:

My company is about to be sold, but we are working harder and better than ever before. Just shut your trap and do your job.

Crouch echoing your sentiment whilst also fanning the flames about the 14 point gap to the top. He talks about cementing a place in the Champions League- first of all they have got to get into a Champions League qualification spot!

Saw that earlier....more interesting is that fact that the 2 Yanks are now putting £60m between them into the new financing package....leaving Kop Holdings (the company that owns the club) with £180m and Liverpool FC £105m in debt.

Anyone else hoping they fail to qualify for the Champions League? :lol:

Just seen the highlights and Havant missed a great chance to go 2-0 up, that was apart from them actually going 1-0 and 2-1 up!

Would have said it's evidence of how poor Liverpool really are, but it's probably not the best example given our display v Coventry.

Just seen the highlights and Havant missed a great chance to go 2-0 up, that was apart from them actually going 1-0 and 2-1 up!

Would have said it's evidence of how poor Liverpool really are, but it's probably not the best example given our display v Coventry.

Maybe its a general impression of the standard of football in the premiership and the attitude of it's players.

I watched Mansfield v Boro, dont let the 2-0 Boro win fool you, Boro were up against the ropes for most of the second half.

Maybe its a general impression of the standard of football in the premiership and the attitude of it's players.

I watched Mansfield v Boro, dont let the 2-0 Boro win fool you, Boro were up against the ropes for most of the second half.

Boro were always comfortable.

• 3 weeks later...

It's the owners fault! Why won't they give Rafa the money to buy more £20m players so he can leave them out of the 16?!

Rafa is a genius. His rotation might mean they're out of the running for all but one competition but I bet they've got the freshest squad come May!

Enjoy your win, shame you cant get pumped up for your normal league games where you revert back to being the rabbits you are.

Only in football can a result like this happen, any other sport and you would be so far behind the ref would have stopped the fight.

You were battered from a footballing perspective and had 2 chances only, bit of a joke really no justice in football at all sometimes.

Instead of lauding your players, you should be having a go at them for not trying that hard in the league matches, obviously ripping of the paying fans with the dross you normally play.

Your keeper MoM says it all really, football is a joke sport sometimes!!

I don't think Rafa gives a s**t that Liverpool were dumped out by Barnsley at home in the FA Cup. Rafa's thinking of Inter Milan in the Champions League. It was the same last season, Liverpool were dumped out of the FA Cup and Carling Cup by Arsenal, but Rafa was think about Barcelona in the Champions League. In Rafa's first season Liverpool were dumped out at Burnley and again Rafa was thinking about Champions League

Now i have lost patience too, but if not rafa who else? I can't think of anyone bar mourinho he would be suitable and mourinho will chop and change and will players leave etc...

I can't see rafa seeing out his contract but a champions league final in athens, a carling cup final, a world club championship final, an fa cup trophy, a champions league trophy, a record number of 82 points in the league, an improved youth set up, some world class additions made by rafa in reina, torres, mascherano (hopefully).

After all that he deserves one last season, but only if he's backed in the summer with a big budget because whoever replaces rafa will need the same to turn this club around.

Quotes from 606.

have to tell this story it was toofunny. In the sports bar in Halifax watching the Barnsley game, three Liverpool fan mates one of them gets too drunk every week and makes a fool of himself, he's a good lad though, toms his name. Anyway when the Barnsley winner went in the rest of us celebrated like we'd all won the cup. Tom stood up started punching the wall like rocky with the frozen meat he then turned around knocked his drink over himself which he then mopped up then sat down and started crying. He's a good lad but he brings everything himself he got ripped Apart for approving of theforeign games and saying that reins is a better keeper than friedel given and van der sar. Anyway congrats to Barnsley, result of the fa cup so far

I take great pleasure in seeing Liverpool`s season collapse around them.

Big 4? sorry, all i can see is a big 3 at the moment.

Do you not think that Liverpool despite being in the same league as us but on a slightly diiferent level, the parallels drawn between Blackburn Rovers and Liverpool at this moment in time are very very similar.

Questions about the current owners being used as having an affect on the pitch allegedly, the teams being based around only two outstanding players Rovers Bentley Cruz Liverpools Gerrard and Torres.

Both managers winning the hearts and minds of their respective supporters.

The reality that both teams will need more than your average fair share of luck to reach their end of season targets.

Do you not think that Liverpool despite being in the same league as us but on a slightly diiferent level, the parallels drawn between Blackburn Rovers and Liverpool at this moment in time are very very similar.

Questions about the current owners being used as having an affect on the pitch allegedly, the teams being based around only two outstanding players Rovers Bentley Cruz Liverpools Gerrard and Torres.

Both managers winning the hearts and minds of their respective supporters.

The reality that both teams will need more than your average fair share of luck to reach their end of season targets.

no they're two absolutely different cases. even though our current squad is a good one as a club we're completely punching above our weight. the question marks over our owners arent anywhere near that of liverpool's and i'm sure its not having any effect on our on pitch performances. and there's a growing section of liverpool fans who are now starting to turn against benitez, whereas most of us, although we whinge, really appreciate what we've got at the end of the day.

the two situations couldnt be more different, surely.

no they're two absolutely different cases. even though our current squad is a good one as a club we're completely punching above our weight. the question marks over our owners arent anywhere near that of liverpool's and i'm sure its not having any effect on our on pitch performances. and there's a growing section of liverpool fans who are now starting to turn against benitez, whereas most of us, although we whinge, really appreciate what we've got at the end of the day.

Capitals please.

Thanks, but how long before the whingeing begins to turn into stronger feelings against Mark Hughes or the current owners.

Archived