BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bosman

philipl

Just off the top of my head these players in Serie A will be bosmans in the summer if they don't re-sign.

Fabio Simplicio

Rodrigo Taddei

Mario Santana.

Per Kroldrup

Giuseppe Sculli

Mark Bresciano

Filippo Inzaghi

Aleksandar Lukovic

Marco Biagianti

Jorge Martinez

Andrea Consigli

Christian Panucci

Marco Cassetti

Giovanni Pasquale

Massimo Gobbi

Stefano Lucchini

Daniele Gastaldello

Giampiero Pinzi

Julio Cruz

Nowt new Philip. I've predicted this on here since Bosman. The only mystery to me is why transfer fees have survived for so long.

In fact I suggested this most recently here......... http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/22263-sams-january-targets/page__view__findpost__p__875772

I guess the Telegraph reporter must read this board eh? ^_^

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/vertragsende/GB1/2009/aktuelle_saison/alle/index.html

Some targets that I'd like us to pursue (don't know if any of these are realistic targets, mind)

Daniel van Buyten

Hamit Altintop

Andreas Ottl

Borja Valero

Cristoph Metzelder

Gonzalo Castro

Rodrigo Taddei

Mancini

David Suazo

Thomas Hitzlsperger

Kim Källström

Francois Clerc

Simon Vukcevic

Do as I say not as I do!

This would sound sensible if it were not coming out of the mouth of someone who has just agreed to give a laid back, out of condition 32 year old a 3 year contract worth just short of 10 million!

(Should work out at about 40k per back heel.)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/hardtalk/8494754.stm

......At least he won't have had to pay VAT on that liudicrous WHU shirt. :rolleyes:

I can't see how moving from transfer fees to taking Bosmans is going to make any difference to the clubs. It will simply mean more money in the players pockets. That's a good thing?

The way forward for the game, must surely be the abolition of transfer fees, coupled with a wage cap.

I can't see how moving from transfer fees to taking Bosmans is going to make any difference to the clubs. It will simply mean more money in the players pockets. That's a good thing?

The way forward for the game, must surely be the abolition of transfer fees, coupled with a wage cap.

Got to agree here. Wages will simply increase and transfer fees will only exsist at the very top level (where the player is an investment / brand enhancement).

This is bad for Rovers business model in two ways;

1. An income stream from finding young talented players and developing them into PL players will cease and

2. Wages across the board will increase as a % of turnover (where we are already unsustainbly high and using 1. to offset already)

We have gone around the wage cap many times... (I'd drag up all my old posts too, but I've got better things to do).

The only way this could work and not be corrupted is through central contracts with the league (i.e. clubs pay the PL/FA [who incidently own the players FIFA registration on a fixed term contract as now] they then pay the player). Any direct payment between club and player is outlawed and is dealt with by suspension from the league.

It also prevents the ineviatble power swing to players. If the player 'strikes' then he can no longer play for any other club and has to wait his English league contract out. Players transfer in and out of the league not indivdual clubs.

Oh yeah and players are allocated by a draft every year! Sky/ESPN will love it!

I agree, but they would most likely get round the salary cap with signing on fee's, we know these exist as softners.

I agree, but they would most likely get round the salary cap with signing on fee's, we know these exist as softners.

Signing on fees would have to be declared as part of the wage bill - meaning it would be covered by the salary cap?

The only salary cap that has a chance of being introduced though, would be a cap relevant to turnover. That would prevent clubs overspending, bring down wages, but unfortunately for us, have no bearing on the uncompetitiveness of the league.

Got to agree here. Wages will simply increase and transfer fees will only exsist at the very top level (where the player is an investment / brand enhancement).

This is bad for Rovers business model in two ways;

1. An income stream from finding young talented players and developing them into PL players will cease and

2. Wages across the board will increase as a % of turnover (where we are already unsustainbly high and using 1. to offset already)

We have gone around the wage cap many times... (I'd drag up all my old posts too, but I've got better things to do).

The only way this could work and not be corrupted is through central contracts with the league (i.e. clubs pay the PL/FA [who incidently own the players FIFA registration on a fixed term contract as now] they then pay the player). Any direct payment between club and player is outlawed and is dealt with by suspension from the league.

It also prevents the ineviatble power swing to players. If the player 'strikes' then he can no longer play for any other club and has to wait his English league contract out. Players transfer in and out of the league not indivdual clubs.

Oh yeah and players are allocated by a draft every year! Sky/ESPN will love it!

I would say there is no chance that such a big infrastructural change will be implemented in the league. Teams are not going to sign over their biggest assets - players - to the Prem or UEFA or FIFA or whoever. The only way I could see it happening is if the Prem went bankrupt or something equally radical and needed to be built more sustainably from scratch. Even then I would expect rich clubs to leave and join a European supeleague format.

However there are ways you can look at the changing tide positively:-

1) In world football Rovers are probs around the top 40 clubs in terms of wage spending. There is a massive amount of talent in the world. All we need to do is find that talent and the enormous amount of money we can offer (relative to a club in Croatia, or Porugal, or even France or Germany) means we will be competitive.

2) Wages are diversified over time. Transfer fees are single lump sums. I think wages suit us better as investments than transfer fees.

3) The flow of money in football seems to be reducing, for a while at least, so all these free agents who come onto the market next summer are going to be competing for a smaller than normal pot of cash. Therefore I would imagine we will be able to sign a couple within our existing wage structure (ie with combined wages no larger than McCarthy's and Ped's wages).

If there are no transfer fees, we can be neither a trading nor a selling club. In short we'd need to trim at least £5m a year ofwages just as wages get another upward twist caused by players pocketing what used to be transfer fees.

Grim for Rovers.

On the other hand, we have seen this window that there have been precious few pre-contract agreements and greedy players/agents have finally hit a wall of resistance from the clubs whose business revenue models look decidedly wonky from top to bottom.

Going to be a very interesting summer but every name mentioned by posters thus far are going to be well outside Rovers wage scales so forget them.

Archived