BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull Preview

colin

Well Im pretty sure the young man's family would like to see Rovers show a mark of respect as well as go out and get a win in his memory. The fan was a B'Burn Season ticket holder which showed he loved the club and I assume loved to see the club win. What better way of showing a mark of respect than going out there and winning for him.

i understand that.. im not saying i dont want us to win,i really hope we do and we do it for him but i just mean that really it doesnt matter if we win or lose, stay up or go down because at then end of it all,as people were no worser off

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given where we are now in the league, it is a must not lose fixture rather than must win.

Which is an ominous portent for entertainment value or lack thereof.

Hull is a great city- problem is nobody ever bothers to go there.

Hull will be full of confidence after beating man city, Rovers on the other hand will be deflated because of Sam and the stoke result and performance. Lose this game and Sam must go imo.

Hull will be full of confidence after beating man city, Rovers on the other hand will be deflated because of Sam and the stoke result and performance. Lose this game and Sam must go imo.

Thank goodnesss it's not your decision then Pafell. To sack a manager when in our current position of 12th with the squad we have will surely merit an unfair dismissal charge!

You have obviously thought long and hard about making this decision so who do you want in that we can realistically get to replace him btw? And you need to answer quick cos to leave a club managerless in our position is courting disaster.

Hull have just drawn at WHL, drawn with Chelsea and beaten Man City! Not the best time to play em thats for sure.

I really hope I'm wrong but I've got a bad feeling about the Hull/Bolton games. Emphasis has to be on a minimum of 4 points but as I say, not got a good feeling and it's just like Rovers to make us sweat it out even more. I reckon we'll draw to Hull and lose to Coyley's mob.

We need either one of Dunn or Basturk to be fit because Sam's system is only going to compliment either one of those and no other bugger (Di Santo :lol:). If Dunn isn't fit (the more likely) then God knows where our creativity will come from.

I think Philip is on the money in predicting a bore fest.

The Hull and Bolton games are MUST WINS imo. We need to beat the teams below us to give us a safety net for when the big teams roll into town. I'll be wearing a black armband in memory of John Taylor on Wednesday night. As has been said, the TEAM needs the result. But in the general scheme of things it doesn't matter when somebody loses there life watching their football team.

I think the team will use John's death as motivation and want to win the game, just for him. But as long as we mark his death with a minute's silence or something, the result pales in comparison.

Good preview.

Huge game and one that we really need to go all out and win otherwise we are firmly back in the relegation battle. Hull on the evidence of their past two games seem to have picked up some confidence so it won't be an easy game.

I think we will line up something like this:

Robinson

Chimbonda Nelsen Givet Olsson

Emerton Reid Pedersen Diouf

Di Santo

Kalinic

Its difficult to pick/predict an accurate team selection due to injuries and the constant chopping and changing of the lineup each game. I think Olsson is a cert to play at left back due to Samba's suspension and Givet moving into the centre. Midfield is difficult to pick, i think Sam may give N'Zonzi a rest and Reidy comes into the starting lineup. Di Santo is wasted in that position imo, but with Dunny out and Basturk far from match fit i'm expecting Sam to play him there. Why don't we give Hoilett a chance behind Kalinic? Hoilett will attack with the ball and they linked up well together during some of the cup games.

Its vital that at least one player on a frequent basis gets up to support Niko, otherwise i can't see where the goals are going to come from.

Going for a 1-0 Rovers win, a very poor performance that we will all be talking about but we get a vital three points.

Is he capable of doing that.

I suppose we'll see on Wednesday.

Good preview, colin and better clarification to '...itallover'

While I obviously do not know J Taylor this news has hit hard over here and i've a

horrible ache in the pit of my stomach. I trust that our support will do us proud on Wednesday. Hopefully, the emotionally charged atmosphere will act as a 'tailwind' for Rovers--- & if BS cannot get Rovers to play with more fire given Saturday's ocurrences on the pitch (& stand) on Saturday -

we could be in trouble as the spring's difficult patch beckons. :(

Diouf Vs McShane & Fagan = car crash waiting to happen! 3 'hot-heads' all down one side.

I agree but that's the side i think Sam will put out. With Samba being suspended Givet moves to the centre and that likely means that Olsson plays at left back. Another option could be to play Chimbonda at left back and Olsson at left wing, then Emerton or Jacobsen (if he comes through this reserve game ok) could play at right back.

I honestly don't think i have got a predicted lineup right so far this season, its seems to chop and change every week.

It didnt work against Stoke because the ball bypassed the midfield area.

Rovers have to line up 4-4-2.

Rovers have to win there is no doubt about that.

Andrews must NOT adorn the shirt or get anywhere near the pitch.

Robinson

Chimbonda Nelsen Samba Olsson

Emerton Reid Grella/Dunn/NZonzi Hoilett

Kalinic Roberts

I think NZonzi needs to be taken out for a breather and would clearly prefer Dunny or Grella in his slot.

We have to go at them early, score a swift goal then hope that the deence can nullify them. Midfield wont be pretty. Boateng v Reid would be very interesting because Andrews hasnt got the make up or bottle for a fight versus this old warhorse.

hahahaha sunday beer rocks

good god gord ,so we now cant compete with the top 4 ? hull are are now playing to good for us?

who are we allowed to compete with?lancy utd?

Spoke to a dingle in Rishton on Fri and he said if we mant a top team around here we'll have to form one out of the 3 or 4 lanky clubs. The seed is germinating it seems.

Sure sounds like it theno. Your evidence is compelling. After what you have just said I now believe it is inevitable.

:)

Take your pick bucky.....

'Mighty oaks out of little acorns grow'

or

'a journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step'.

:P

Archived