SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull Preview

colin

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rolleyes:

Spoke to a dingle in Rishton on Fri and he said if we mant a top team around here we'll have to form one out of the 3 or 4 lanky clubs. The seed is germinating it seems.

:rolleyes: a dingle wants lancy utd..its his only way of watching prem footy aint it after next year...tell thee what if it happened and rovers went bang it would save me a fortune because id never watch footy again. :tu:

• Backroom

:lol:

Must be a Rishton thing. :tu:

OI! :blush:

We need to be winning games like this but I imagine it will be a scrappy affair.

For those saying win it for John I like the sentiment but I would also like our team to go into every game to win it for us fans.

Hope the minutes silence is kept well and I'm sure it will be football fans in general unite around things like this.

Spoke to a dingle in Rishton on Fri and he said if we mant a top team around here we'll have to form one out of the 3 or 4 lanky clubs. The seed is germinating it seems.

Hey ... Lanky Utd ... what a great idea Theno .... but why stop there ... what about if England joined forces with its continental neighbours and created "Team Europe" to compete against those pesky Brazilians ... surely we could finally say an overdue fond farewell to those 44 years of hurt!

Much like everyone I feel this a winnable game and a must win after the loss at stoke. The midfield will be where it's won or lost we also have to tighten up the back after losing samba to the red card. I feel that we have to watch for altidore. Not just saying that because he's American but he's got pace but because he's seemed to have found his grove and setting up two goals and scoring one there opener this past weekend he's sure to be full of confidance and must be stoped. Our boys must have the hunger to want win and we have to take our chances when there presented and stop giving silly fouls like sambas this past weekend. I think his presence in the back will be felt. Over all I'm going with a 2-0 Rovers win.

COME ON YOU BLUE AND WHITES!!

A must win game for us also for Hull. I expect us to be outworked, outhustled and second to all 50-50 balls by Hull who will walk away handy winners at 2-0. The hoofball will continue as Sam will feel Hull are easy to beat with it, it will fail again. Disgruntled hoardes leave Ewood early on masse. I just don't see anything from us to come up with anything other than an embarassing home defeat.

Having been at the KC for the away fixture, sam hss to drop any kind of hoofball for this game

Gardner and Zayette were rock-like that day, high balls were and are easy for them. Di santo caused them no trouble at all

The real problems came when Kalinic came on, his movement and presence frightened them

If we start with Kalinic and Roberts i think we'll win

If we're going 1 up front I'd go with :

Robinson

Salgado Nelsen Givet Chimbonda

Emerton Dunn NZonzi Pedersen Olsson

Kalinic

Looks balanced to me with enough about them to support the striker. I'd much rather see this than 2 up front when our other forward options are Roberts and Di Santo.

Must win - no excuses.

Having been at the KC for the away fixture, sam hss to drop any kind of hoofball for this game

Gardner and Zayette were rock-like that day, high balls were and are easy for them. Di santo caused them no trouble at all

The real problems came when Kalinic came on, his movement and presence frightened them

If we start with Kalinic and Roberts i think we'll win

Wrong, when Di Santo and Kalinic teamed up they caused Hull all sorts of problems. Di Santo won knock ons for Kalinic to run onto.

All the sides below us have at least a game in hand on Rovers and should Rovers lose on Wednesday any team winning this week will move uncomfortably close to Rovers with one or two matches in hand. It's unlikely all the sides below will win, they can't due to the fixtures, so this represents a great opportunity to put more distance between us and the bottom three. Defeats for the bottom three and a win for Rovers would place us ten points clear of relegation and well placed for the Bolton game after which we are likley to lose four in a row.

This is a must win match, it will probably be a dire performance from both sides, cold and miserable to watch.

Must win game. Anyone who disagrees is mental, because we are soon going to run out of "winnable" games, and will have to actually change something drastically if we will win matches which we dont expect to. A lot of tough home games coming up and even the easiest of away games will be difficult with the rubbish form we have.

Is Dunn back for this? I can see Diouf starting ahead of Di Santo although I would like the latter to play in a two man strike force to put their shaky defence under pressure.

I fear that they have a keeper in the form of his life, so we have to be clinical! But I doubt we even know what that means.

Must win game for me as well after the defeat at Stoke. If we didn't have such a horrible end of season run then I could possibly see this as a mustn't lost, but the reality is that we have to pick up points in some games and this is as good of a chance as we'll get really.

Is Dunn back for this? I can see Diouf starting ahead of Di Santo although I would like the latter to play in a two man strike force to put their shaky defence under pressure.

Dunn's out according to the LET.

That 2 year deal is looking better by the day!

Just reinforces my point that we will now have no creativity whatsoever on show again and that this match will not be one for the purist. Still going for a bore draw.

Guest Kamy100

This is building up into being a critical game for Rovers, possibly the biggest game of the season so far, one of those high pressure occasions where it is imperative that we get a positive result. If we can win it will not only push us closer to safety it will also increase the gap between us and Hull to 7 points, with other teams at the bottom either facing tough away fixtures or playing each other it could mean that we could increase the gap between us and the bottom three to 8/9 points. However, a loss and we are in big trouble, Hull will be a point behind us and with other teams in the bottom three having games in hand we would be sucked right into the relegation battle, with tougher home games coming up and abysmal away form I would fear for Rovers.

The good news is that generally speaking, under Sam when we have REALLY needed to win home games (Wigan, Tottenham Last Season, Fulham, Wigan etc. this season) we have been able to do so. Hull of course are confident after picking up 4 points in the last week, but they do have a weakness at the back, especially at set plays, so if we can put them under constant pressure we can win this game.

This one is the proverbial "six pointer" Win = Rovers make things easier for themselves, Loss = Rovers deep in the "doo doo".

Dunn's out according to the LET.

That 2 year deal is looking better by the day!

Just reinforces my point that we will now have no creativity whatsoever on show again and that this match will not be one for the purist. Still going for a bore draw.

Alas, a certain Mr Basturk impressed for the reserves.

This is certainly a must win game for me, its no good taking a point of fellow relegation fodder, you need to take 3.

Hull have had a bit of a resurgence since Phil Brown was getting hammered in the press before Christmas. He deserves credit for what he done there, I thought he was a goner.

Anyway enough of the love affair with Phil Brown :wub:

Draw written all over it, 1-1.

Must win game.

The team:

-----Robbo------

Jacob-Nelsen-GG-Chimbo

Emo-Reid-N'Zonzi-MGP-Ollson

--------Kali-----------

Roberts on the bench for a bit of stength if needed.

I've been impressed by Reid in his sub appearences.

My oh my.

There is no underestimating this one is there. This is another game that could easily define the last few weeks of the season for us. Not only does this game have the potential to lift us ten points from the death zone, it has the potential to put a massive seven points between us and fourteenth place.

I'm extremely excited about this one and will of course be in attendance tomorrow evening. I hope not to see Di Santo as it is extremely important now to only focus on survival and not honouring odd deals with Chelsea or trying to prove that he hasn't been a total waste of wages. I don't like Roberts, really I don't. The simple truth though is that he has more to offer than Di Santo and not just in terms of experience.

I don't think there is any doubt that both teams will come out fighting and often pushing too far forward. For that reason I can see us taking this two - one. Both goals coming from set-pieces.

Come on Rovers.

Archived