BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull Preview

colin

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunn - even "a small knock" keeps him out for 10 games now it seems.

He really is made of china isn't he?

On this game, I'm looking forward to it. To beat Hull would make us hard to catch by those below us. I think a fair few of those teams below us will not get more than 10 points between now and the end of the season.

Dunn - even "a small knock" keeps him out for 10 games now it seems.

We can only pray that he's on a pay-as-you-play scheme, but I severely doubt it. We enjoy throwing money away on contracts. Heck, Keith Andrews got a bonus without asking for it.

Dunn's out according to the LET.

That 2 year deal is looking better by the day!

Just reinforces my point that we will now have no creativity whatsoever on show again and that this match will not be one for the purist. Still going for a bore draw.

When Dunny was injured it was communicated at the time, that he'd be out for upto 9 weeks.

Must win game.

The team:

-----Robbo------

Jacob-Nelsen-GG-Chimbo

Emo-Reid-N'Zonzi-MGP-Ollson

--------Kali-----------

Roberts on the bench for a bit of stength if needed.

I've been impressed by Reid in his sub appearences.

Thats a very good line-up, but I think NZonzi REALLY needs a rest now. Either Grella gets in the team ahead of him or we put Roberts up front and go 442. Either way, NZonzi needs a rest. I have a feeling Basturk may make a cameo sub appearance!

Also, isn't Jacobsen still injured? Its likely to be Salgado (or as the speculative ones amongst us call him, El Stig).

Also, isn't Jacobsen still injured? Its likely to be Salgado (or as the speculative ones amongst us call him, El Stig).

I'd say, with it being a home game, more likely for Olsson to be left back and Chimbonda right back. I think we did that last time Samba was suspended?

Phil Brown has just said on Sky Sports News that tomorrow night he's sending his team into the lions den with a wounded animal.

Nice one Phil. The other one's got bells on it.

Nice one indeed, what on earth does he mean? Are we supposed to be the wounded animal?

Joker.

2-0 home win !

Nice one indeed, what on earth does he mean? Are we supposed to be the wounded animal?

Joker.

2-0 home win !

In Phil Brown talk it means he's told his team to be weary of complacency, because BRFC have just taken a 3-0 beating off Stoke and will want a backlash performance.

To the poster who said about Gardner and Zayatte being rock solid at the KC; Zayatte hasn't been able to get back into the team since Mouyokolo did a great job against Drogba, Anelka, Bellamy, Tevez & Adeybeyor. Surprised everyone, as he looked rubbish in the reserves all season.

I'd say, with it being a home game, more likely for Olsson to be left back and Chimbonda right back. I think we did that last time Samba was suspended?

While that is more likely, I'd prefer Chimbo at LB (makes less mistakes, because he's less flashy due to being one-footed) and Olsson at LM (where he's so effective).

• Backroom

While that is more likely, I'd prefer Chimbo at LB (makes less mistakes, because he's less flashy due to being one-footed) and Olsson at LM (where he's so effective).

I'd agree with that, he keeps it simple at LB and Olsson shines further forward and Pedersen inside so for those two to revert to less effective positions would be daft.

so I expect Sam to do exactly that

To the poster who said about Gardner and Zayatte being rock solid at the KC; Zayatte hasn't been able to get back into the team since Mouyokolo did a great job against Drogba, Anelka, Bellamy, Tevez & Adeybeyor. Surprised everyone, as he looked rubbish in the reserves all season.

...and now it seems he's out of the game. Dawson and Boateng also 50-50.

After tonights results, Rovers know what they have to do.

pompy and wigan picked up points, as did Sunderland. Burnley lost again but at the same time Stoke and Fulham pull a bit further away from Rovers. Bolton lost at City

A win tomorrow is now vital. It moves us up 1 place although with a game more (or 2 for stoke).

Sam, take a look at the table and think about it !

In Phil Brown talk it means he's told his team to be weary of complacency, because BRFC have just taken a 3-0 beating off Stoke and will want a backlash performance.

Marked them all by himself did he?

Marked them all by himself did he?

Anthony Gardner is pretty immobile, IMO. Great positional sense, but because he's soo injury prone, he doesn't like to run incase he injures himself. So Mouyokolo was doing the majority of the work - Even you must know McShane and Dawson wouldn't have done much of the defending! lol.

They wont go under. If they go into admin, they get 9 points deducted. Its not like the club will dissolve in one afternoon.

Furthermore to reiterate something that was said on the other thread:

The big losers will be West Ham and Bolton who both gained 4 points from them. We would lose 3 points. Wigan, Wolves and Liverpool would be the biggest winners.

This is a must win game, lets hope Sam has the balls to play attacking football. We seen time and time again his defensiv style and long balls don´t work.

Don´t think Basturk is ready yet, but i would lihe to see Reid in the lineup, he is one of our best midfielders, he can create chances, lets give him a run in the first team.

This is a must win game, lets hope Sam has the balls to play attacking football. We seen time and time again his defensiv style and long balls don´t work.

Don´t think Basturk is ready yet, but i would lihe to see Reid in the lineup, he is one of our best midfielders, he can create chances, lets give him a run in the first team.

How has Reid played since he's gotten back? I've moved abroad recently so haven't had much of a chance to follow the games...

ah! really is nothing better than a midweek game under the lights at ewood.

id stick with di-santo and kalinic upfront, but have a nagging feeling 'dioufy' will return!

difficult to predict how the game will go, hull have the ability and nouse to frustrate us, so it all depends on rovers formation and whether we have an attack-minded gameplan.

Archived