BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

RIP John Steven Taylor

ABBEY

I don't know whether this should be posted here but we might take a lesson from Stoke on how they got rid of the trouble-makers. A register was created for fans who wanted to go to away games. You'd sign up and then you'd buy tickets and have to provide the register details when buying tickets (like season ticket numbers). What that means is that the person buying the ticket under that number is then responsible for the behaviour of the person using that ticket. It would take time but the people buying tickets would soon make sure they behaved if the message gets through that racist behaviour, fighting, constant standing, drunken behaviour and such like would soon get them banned. The other thing that I think HAS to be brought in is a no-alcohol rule. Let people have a couple beforehand in the pub but not in the ground. It'd soon stop idiotic behaviour.

To the family of the fan who has died and to Prestonblue, you have my deepest sympathies. Having lost my mum-in-law on New-Years day, losing a close family member is one of the hardest things to face and this incident in itself is truly tragic. Please pass on my deepest sympathies.

No idea what happened and if its an accident or something more serious, whatever has happened its horrible news and my thoughts go out to those involved and those who knew him.

A couple of years ago now we had a fan killed after a game against Birmingham City by one of their fans despite the best efforts of the police and media to claim otherwise.

The thought of someone going out to watch their team, any team, and not returning is just horid and simply shouldn't happen.

I was at yesterday's game and I had to stand up to see the match. I bought a ticket for a seat to sit and watch the match but I had to stand. People saying they wouldn't stand if the people behind them wanted to sit is nonsense, as a woman I would be quite nervous of asking some of the more intimdating looking of our fans to sit down. I know I'm judging by appearances which may be unfair but I shouldn't have to ask people to sit when standing through the whole game is illegal. Fans should consider that there are other fans who find it difficult to stand for 45 minutes at a time and should not have to do this.

Personally I think unacceptable behaviour in various forms e.g. standing, racist chanting etc. has been on the increase recently and action neds to be taken to curb this. As someone who just wants to go and support the team rather than getting drunk, joining in racist chants, making obscene gestures at rival fans etc. this is certainly discouraging me from attending away games.

Finally I offer my sincere sympathy to the family and friends of the man who has died.

I'm sorry but in my case it is NOT nonsense... yesterday people around me were sat so I did the same without a second thought. The only time I stand is if i'm at the back where it does not affect anybody. My late Grandad was disabled and unable to stand so I relate to that 100% and agree that nobody's view should be impaired. On the back row you cannot impare anybody's view.

Please do not think that everyone who stands at the back joins in with racist chants and gets pi$$ed... I certainly do not.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~1958086,00.html

Blackburn Rovers Football Club is shocked and saddened to learn of the death of supporter John Steven Taylor, a season ticket holder from Darwen.

John, 30, died in hospital in Staffordshire in the early hours of Sunday morning after being injured in an incident in the South Stand occupied by visiting supporters at Rovers' away fixture at Stoke City yesterday.

A statement issued by Staffordshire Police this afternoon reads: "The man has been identified as John Steven Taylor, 30, of Avallon Way, Darwen.

"A Home Office Post Mortem carried out earlier today showed the cause of death was due to a head injury.

"A 25-year-old man from the Preston area who was arrested in connection with the incident remains in custody and is currently helping the Police with their enquiries.

"Staffordshire Police is appealing to anyone who may have witnessed the incident or have videoed it on a mobile phone to contact their Major Investigations Department on 01785 233600."

Rovers' Chairman John Williams said: "This is a tragic situation and our thoughts are with John's family at this deeply distressing time."

Guest Kamy100

What has happened is tragic. I can't imagine what his family will be going through as what has happened is just so senseless. It just puts everything into perspective.

All my thoughts are with his family and friends, what you must be going through is unimaginable, but despite all the hurt, please try and remember that good times, the joy he he bought to your lives, because in the end:

“Love is stronger than death even though it can't stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can't separate people from love. It can't take away our memories either. In the end, life is stronger than death.”

• Like 1

Firstly, let us give our deepest sympathy and prayers to the family concerned. The loss of anyone diminishes us all, we feel a strangers death stronger because of our shared love of the Rovers and football.

Secondly, this is not the time or place to speculate on what may or may not have happened, what is wrong with society or how Rovers away support behaves. I have personal opinions on all of these but this is not the thread to discuss general issues or circumstances that have yet to be resolved. These will be at an inquest and possibly a criminal court.

If you are a witness please come forward for the sake of the family of the victim, clarity of what happened may help, in time, to achieve closure. At the moment their hearts will be breaking.

Finally, let us hope we can show a bit of love towards them in whatever way we can. A moments silence and prayer on Wednesday night will be a start.

This is a very sad day.

Posted on the LETs website..

"I can't believe what I've just read, What must be going through your girlfriend's head.Though we can't stop the hands of time.We give to you this little rhyme. We will do our best... to say goodbye Some in the crowd will no doubt cry We'll think of you when the whistle blows The flowers wrapped in pretty bows And whilst we'll never have you back, You'll be safe in the arms of our old mate Jack."

it speaks a thousand words..

Edited by sparky12

• Backroom

A minutes silence on Wednesday would be apt, anything else maybe too much. Not trying to sound heartless but where does it then stop?

I hope his family is coping through these horrible times, I suppose his son wont fully understand where his dad is and how he wont be coming back.

Horrible.