vs Chelski (H)....Loss

vs Bumley (A)....Win

vs Pompey (A)....draw

vs Man Ure (H)....Loss

vs Everton (H)....Loss

vs Wolves (A)....draw

vs L`arse (H)....loss

vs Villa (A)....loss

I predict 12pts from our remaining games. That will put t`Rovers on 40pts.

Will that be enough to stay up?? :huh:

This is why i think the next 2 home games (Hull & Notlob) are simply MUST WIN games!!!

What`s your predictions? :unsure:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YES

vs Hull City (H)....win

vs Notlob (H)....win

vs Liverpool (A)....Loss

vs Big Club (H)....draw

vs Spuds (A)....Loss

vs Chelski (H)....Loss

vs Bumley (A)....Win

vs Pompey (A)....Win

vs Man Ure (H)....Loss

vs Everton (H)....Loss

vs Wolves (A)....draw

vs L`arse (H)....loss

vs Villa (A)....loss

42 points and safe :brfc:

• Backroom

May as well give it a go:

s Hull City (H)....win

vs Notlob (H)....draw

vs Liverpool (A)....Loss

vs Big Club (H)....draw

vs Spuds (A)....Loss

vs Chelski (H)....Loss

vs Bumley (A)....draw

vs Pompey (A)....win

vs Man Ure (H)....Loss

vs Everton (H)....draw

vs Wolves (A)....draw

vs L`arse (H)....loss

vs Villa (A)....loss

11 points and us on 39 but I think that will be enough

We will survive, but then...that's it? Last season was about survival, this season was supposed to be about getting back on our own two feet again. But once again our greatest joy has to be relief that we're not going down to the Championship.

Que the muppets with their "we're small time, this is the best we can hope for!" nonsense.

Basically we're left with the prospect of having a poor season or having a catastrophic one (relegation). Fun times.

A few weeks ago I argued the matches up to Liverpool were crucial and wins against Fulham, Wigan, Bolton and Hull were essential. We've beaten Fulham and Wigan and I'm expecting the same on Wednesday against Hull. The defeat at Stoke was to be expected as we are incapable of getting anything away from home, the point at WHU being a very welcome bonus. For the remaining fixtures I think we need to beat Wolves and Portsmouth - both away so a very, very tall order - and hope we pick up the odd point here and there which will probably be draws against Everton and Birmingham. I expect us to lose every other game till the end of the season. Beating Wolves and Pompey is crucial in the battle to stay up.

Am I confident? I don't think Rovers will go down. Pompey are finished, Wolves the same and I feel there should be a team below us to fill the third spot. If that's confidence I suppose I'm confident. My real view is although we have the ability to make ourselves safe it will be other teams failings that save us this season. 15th / 16th has been my prediction all along.

Do I care? Yes I don't want to see the side go down as I doubt we would come back.

Am I interested? No, completely lost interest in watching this side. I'm looking forward to the summer in the hope Allardyce leaves on health grounds and we can get back to playing football.

Am I interested? No, completely lost interest in watching this side. I'm looking forward to the summer in the hope Allardyce leaves on health grounds and we can get back to playing football.

There aren't many managers who can run a club like Rovers on a shoestring and keep it in the Premier League.

Your post would have more validity if you suggested an alternative but you can't because there aren't any.

Rovers have had a good run in the league and a bad day at Stoke and everyone jumps on the manager's back again.

It's pathetic.

I'll say it again - if Rovers fans force Allardyce out in the same way Charlton supporters forced out Curbishley the end result will be the same.

Relegation and decline.

There are better managers than Sam around willing to take on a club like Rovers.

The next two games are MUST NOT LOSE.

I had 32 points as the target before we play Liverpool so a win and a draw will do fine. Defeats in either of them mean relegation terrors.

It is Sam's hands.

There are better managers than Sam around willing to take on a club like Rovers.

There are plenty of managers "willing to take on a club like Rovers". Paul Ince was one of them.

I'll say it again - name a "better manager" for Rovers in their current straitened circumstances.

Avram Grant, Gianfranco Zola, Roberto Martinez, Paolo Sousa, Owen Coyle, Mark Hughes.

The club turned down Dick Advocaat and Roberto Mancini in the last two manager searches remember.

In Rovers' current pennliess state I would suggest none of Grant, Zola, Advocaat, Mancini would come to Rovers. They are all in post anyway.

Coyle has just started a new job and Hughes would not come back. Martinez is in charge of Wigan, who are below Rovers. Don't know anything about Sousa.

Try again.

Avram Grant, Gianfranco Zola, Roberto Martinez, Paolo Sousa, Owen Coyle, Mark Hughes.

The club turned down Dick Advocaat and Roberto Mancini in the last two manager searches remember.

The club was right to turn down Mancini in the last search in favour of someone who knew the league.

In addition to what jim said - Zola is leading a side arguably man for man better than ours towards relegation even though theyre playing the better football.

Is that what we all want?

Grant dire at portsmouth, zola below us in the league with better players, sousa one season in championship average job before that, coyle just got a new job, martinez_really? Worse away record than sam! Hughes won't come back but is only one I'd like back

There are plenty of managers "willing to take on a club like Rovers". Paul Ince was one of them.

I'll say it again - name a "better manager" for Rovers in their current straitened circumstances.

No manager would be better that a manager putting out a team that I witnessed yesterday.

The way we're playing I wouldn't back us to beat anybody. On current form (not results) who is playing worse football than us ? Pompey ? The Hull game, who'll come full of confidence, is a must win.

We're in the position of changing the team every week, nobody has any idea of our best line-up. When we do seem to hit on a formula we still have to make changes because of all the chocolate soldiers in our midfield. Boateng and Hunt will run all over us on Wednesday, thank God Bullards not playing.

I've been watching since 1960 but I couldn't bring myself to watch MOTD, I'm that fed up with everything about our 'performances'.

Thank goodness!

Zola, who is doing a fantastic job currently, would have had less money to spend here too

Zola is below us in the league with better players.

The only one of those I'd entertain is Avram Grant once he inevitably leaves Pompey. Still I believe he only joined Pompey as he had links to various people there, I doubt he'd come here.

I reckon we'll still be fine. I'd also argue that we only need 38 points, maybe 39 because of our goal difference, to guarantee safety this season, although 40 would be nice. Yesterday's results didn't go well for us, but West Ham's loss means that the gap is still 7 points between us and the drop zone.

It just seems a poor choice. Either football with zero entertainment value, or relegation and banishment from the top table for generations to come. What sort of choice is that, honestly?

Can anyone honestly say that Allardyce hasn't made a significant number of mistakes this season? Reasons for cheer have been few and far between this season, is this what we can expect in seasons to come, or will it gradually get better?

As for staying up, it's to congested and tight to call right now. Hull is a must-win game, I know that much.

Archived