BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jack Walker

sambo

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't see why I can't post this now. There will be a tribute on the big screen at half time at the Everton game, focusing on what has happened at the club in the 10 years since Jack's death. There will also be a tribute by John Williams in the match programme. The club expect that many fans may also want to make their own tributes, most likely at Jack's statue.

That seems entirely appropriate to me, although others may disagree.

• Backroom

Yep it seems fair and respectful

Also if people want to have a moment to reflect on jack then spare a few seconds thought in the minutes silence that should surely happen for Adam Stansfield.

Don't see why I can't post this now. There will be a tribute on the big screen at half time at the Everton game, focusing on what has happened at the club in the 10 years since Jack's death. There will also be a tribute by John Williams in the match programme. The club expect that many fans may also want to make their own tributes, most likely at Jack's statue.

That seems entirely appropriate to me, although others may disagree.

At half time? Why not before the game, where more people will see it and not be on the concourse?

Can't say I am happy at all.

At half time? Why not before the game, where more people will see it and not be on the concourse?

Can't say I am happy at all.

Missing a trip to the concourse for one match, incredible, a small inconvenience for a man who gave so much to us.

Probably be on the screens in the concourse anyway. ;)

Missing a trip to the concourse for one match, incredible, a small inconvenience for a man who gave so much to us.

Probably be on the screens in the concourse anyway. ;)

I don't go to the concourse myself so it doesn't impact me, but will people know its going to be on?

What if we're 2-0 down? I was expecting it all to be emotional followed by a spine tingling 'One Jack Walker' chant, now its going to have nothing to it really :(

I don't go to the concourse myself so it doesn't impact me, but will people know its going to be on?

What if we're 2-0 down? I was expecting it all to be emotional followed by a spine tingling 'One Jack Walker' chant, now its going to have nothing to it really :(

I have to say I'm surprised, the 10 years since his death? I would say a reminder of what he achieved to ensure the next generation really understand what he did for this club would be more appropitte.

Well at least they are doing something but its a little understated for my liking, 5 mins between crown paints ads just doesn't seem like the best way to mark the occasion.

I have to say I'm surprised, the 10 years since his death? I would say a reminder of what he achieved to ensure the next generation really understand what he did for this club would be more appropitte.

Well at least they are doing something but its a little understated for my liking, 5 mins between crown paints ads just doesn't seem like the best way to mark the occasion.

I agree, I just don't think its enough what's being done at the moment.

When I say about the chant, I mean at the end of the tribute, all the fans in unison paying homage to Uncle Jack - this won't happen as as soon as the tribute ends, the Crown Paints will bellow out at a horrific volume.

The 'Time to say goodybe' music would be fantastic, with a video of him transforming Rovers with the interviews at the time of his death, with Shearer etc.

I think its better to do it at half time. Its the first game of the season, we've all got new tickets so there's a good chance half of us wont be able to get in! People would be much more upset if tribute was on and they were stuck outside

I got tomorrows matchday programme from the roverstore today and it said they are doing a tribute video BEFORE the game, also on SSN it said before the game

It may well be shown before the game as well but I was assured it would be on at half time.

• Backroom

The whole of Ewood singing 'One Jack Walker' was special, glad to see it drew a round of applause from the travelling contingent as well.

My Grandad was really good friends with Jack and Fred and he also died of cancer a few years later so I can never think of Jack without thinking of my grandad so its especially poignant for me, tears were close with the video.

Well done Rovers :)

Archived