BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Post-Hull Rovers Getaway

Bobby G

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just came back from my birthday at the Roberto Cavalli Club and guess what the Rovers players were all there!

I didnt see Andrews there, and it made me feel a bit sorry for the lad, if he is being ostracized.

Dont worry, he was out for dinner with Jonnolad :lol:

Yep I mentioned the long balls to which Olsson cracked up a bit. But they were in good spirits, although all significantly "separated" into packs. Only Nelsen went to "socialize" between the groups. He walked up to Dunn and Robbo and spoke to them, then went up to the VIPs and said hi to Diouf and the rest and went back down to sit down. Actually Emo arrived with Dunn and Robbo and Phil Jones and Salgado but slotted into the dinner area with Morten, Lars and Nelsen quickly. Its easy to "characterize" the groups from the outside Id say.

The French-speaking lads were quiet and kept to themselves. The "settled" table were having an intelligent dinner it seemed. The youngsters stuck together and wanted to see where they could go after this place. It was actually the first thing Olsson asked me! :)

Sorry guys no pictures. It wouldve been awkward in that atmosphere to pop out the camera so I mustered the guts to just talk to them instead.

PS. Buddha Bar blows in Dubai now. Its deteriorated alot and hence Cavalli is the top "lounge/bar" in the city now.

Glad you got your wish.

The packs part is very common at all clubs, just like work in the real world.

You should have asked Nico what it was like to have his team mates so close to him for once.

Some stuff was "eluded" or implied towards by some of the players which obviously cannot be talked about on the public front. But overall, I can confidently say that the lads are thinking that a 10th place finish is well within reach despite some of the performances or results. However, you can also tell that the away record has had a negative psychological effect.

All is revealed..... you have given your password to waggy. :rolleyes:

A very infantile post Philip.

Although you didn't get my joke, I have had a damned good laugh at you this morning. :lol:

PS Re-read the bit about security requiring movements to be top secret in the piece I quoted....

Archived