SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matty Derbyshire

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rover: because he is a better striker than ,roberts :angry2::brfcsmilie:

not for the current blackburn team he isn't

too lightweight to play up front in our system and inneffective anywhere else. good striker though, just a shame we didn't need him. got good money for him and he'll have a better career without us.

not for the current blackburn team he isn't

too lightweight to play up front in our system and inneffective anywhere else. good striker though, just a shame we didn't need him. got good money for him and he'll have a better career without us.

You're right, it's a shame that most teams over here play 4-5-1 so there's no natural position for him. 20 years ago he could have had a field day playing up front with a target man and two wingers.

:rover: wish we had kept matty,hope he scores a hatfull of goals in greece,if nicola could finish like matty he would be a good un :blink::brfc:

Nico is a better striker than Derbs. If you got of your bar stool and dragged your lazy arse down to watch the team you'd see what a good player Nico is.

Derbs wanted to leave our club for first team football and we granted him is wish. He's gone and he's contracted to another club now so stop reminiscing and move on.

Your very bitter wagster, you need to open your eyes and move on. You would then see what a good job everybody is doing down there.

Did he even make it off the bench?! :rolleyes:

_47361910_008822383-1.jpg

Derbyshire's introduction sparked a

late flurry from Olympiakos

BBC. The only clip I saw of him was when he fouled the goalkeeper at the end, thus ruling out a goal (whether or not they could have scored without Derbs fouling the keeper, I'm not sure).

He wasn't brought up in Harwood though :huh:

He was brought up in or around the Shadsworth area of Blackburn, think the journo has got confused with Matty starting off playing for Great Harwood.

Matty was too light weight though, which was a shame because he is a decent finisher.

Derbyshire was a good player, but I always felt he was far more effective as a supersub, when his pace and athleticism could stretch weary defenders. Similar to Roberts in that respect, but Derbs is a better finisher.

I really like Derbyshire, but I'm not sure how successful he could be in the Premier League. I was very happy that he was sold to Olympiakos and now has the opportunity to play in a league where he can shine and play Champions League football. He really deserves any success he gets, wherever he gets it.

• 3 weeks later...

Another mature performance from Matt last night - receieving 2 yellows in 6 minutes and leaving his team a man short in a crucial game!! :rolleyes:

The first was ridiculous though. It was bordering on being a penalty, but how it could ever be deemed as diving with that amount of body contact is outrageous. Still, he obviously couldn't shrug that frustration off, hence the rash tackle that got him sent off.

He also had the ball in the back of the net with an excellent finish, but was half a yard (at most) offside. I was surprised how fast he looked last night.

Another mature performance from Matt last night - receieving 2 yellows in 6 minutes and leaving his team a man short in a crucial game!! :rolleyes:

:rover: you are a superstar,he scored a brilliant goal which was fractionally offside which no rovers striker would have got,another balls up by lard@rse :blink::brfc:

:rover: you are a superstar,he scored a brilliant goal which was fractionally offside which no rovers striker would have got,another balls up by lard@rse :blink::brfc:

what use are offside goals?

derbyshire isn't good enough for rovers. everybody knows that deep down.

my views haven't changed since then.

and when you say another balls up, just how many has he had?

Archived