BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2010 World Cup - The Game

Guest Kamy100

Much as I've dissed the demo I'll probably get it if nothing else for a bit a FIFA variety as I'm sick of UT so count me in. Not sure we'll get 32 mind - there's about 18 users on the xbox360 league thread though.

I didn't take part in the league, but in my house there would be 4 of us. So only need another 28...

Guest Kamy100

I played the retail version last night and this game has the 2 big problems that FIFA 10 has, firstly there is no player differenciation (for example if you when passing the ball there is no difference between Xavi and Keith Andrews, they are both as accurate as each other), secondly when playing against the AI Luxemborg are as good as Spain, their passing accuracy is 80-90%, they become super human and match Spain in every facet. Just plain stupid.

Playing against friends then this game is superb, but offline against the AI this game is poor. EA have a great engine, superb animations but they seriously need to sort out the offline experience, they cocked up the manager mode for for FIFA 10, now this game is more of the same, they need to sort out the offline experience for FIFA 11.

I got around to downloading the demo yesterday and had a few games on it. It's not bad and I quite enjoyed all of the WC feel to it but the gameplay was nothing special. I actually started on 'Amateur' mode which was obviously a bit boring but by the second attempt on the hardest mode available it was still comfortable to win by just playing the through ball when someone made a run. Agree that the passing with any player didn't make much of a difference.

The speed of the game felt about right but poor AI just made it too easy, hard to tell from a demo though, Spain and Italy are obviously pretty good to play with, not sure how I'd cope playing with Bahrain against Spain!

I might get it just because it's the only WC game out and I can see myself watching the likes of Argentina vs Nigeria and then having the urge to play it!

I bought it yesterday morning, traded in Fifa 10 & NHL2K10 at Gamestation so with the extra 20% on top of the trade it only cost me £14.

As for the game, it is very fun. I have had some ace games playing as Iraq & Niger online in the WC mode. Made it out of the group stages with Iraq beating Germany 4-3, France 5-1 (he then quit) and Spain 7-1 (he also then quit late on), beat Italy in the round of sixteen 2-1 and then finally lost out to Argentina 1-2 in the quarters. With Niger I lost to England 4-1 (if your playing as a really crap team e.g. 3star or less, be careful online as people will literally just give it out wide and sprint the length of the field to set up a tap-in, your players will be way too slow to catch them as I have been finding), I beat Germany 2-1 and beat Honduras 2-1 to go through to the last 16, I then lost 1-0 to Sweden with Ibrahimovic scoring a late header.

It is a really fun game when you play as a poor team and wind people up who can only play as Spain/Germany etc by beating them with a team they'd expect to win against with ease.

Got to the semi's with Spain last night as well before losing out to Italy 4-2, some people by the looks of it may have lag switches engaged which kinda ruins it, I had two of my mates who are game developer's for these sort of games sat with last night watching and they picked up on it, they even showed me how to make one but I'd never intend on using it. It was obvious that this lad I were against was though, everytime I got one on one with his keeper, lag would suddenly happen, he'd get the ball, my player would freeze and then he'd run off with it & the lag is totally gone. I'd have put it down to coincidence if it didn't only happen everytime I were about to shoot. It wasn't your normal sort of lag, it was like extreme lag that only happened when I had the ball. Some people really like to ruin games to give themselves an ego boost, their lives must be really pathetic. I only got two in injury time of the second half because he'd decided to stop playing as he was 4-0 up :@

Guest Kamy100

Cheaters online totally ruin these type of games, one of the main reasons why I only play against friend's online.

I didn't buy the game but have got a promo copy of the game on the PS3. It is slightly better than FIFA10 but the offline experience is totally ruined by the screwed up AI. The game speed is also a little bit faster than FIFA10. Shooting has been improved which is welcome, crossing is a lot better and you can now score goals from headers!

The other thing that they have screwed up is the FIFA World Cup online, if someone you are playing quits you have to start all over again, so you could work your way through the groups, knockout stages and then get to the final and have someone quit on you, then instead of playing the final again you would have to restart from the group stages through no fault of your own!

I would not buy this game for £40, however expect the price to drop to £20-£25 after the world cup and then it is worth picking up.

I have had people quit on me online quite a few times in the Online World Cup and I've always been given the win at the same scoreline it was when they quit & gone through to the next round. I'm on the PS3 as well. Isn't it as long as 15mins game time has elapsed, you get the win?

The other thing that they have screwed up is the FIFA World Cup online, if someone you are playing quits you have to start all over again, so you could work your way through the groups, knockout stages and then get to the final and have someone quit on you, then instead of playing the final again you would have to restart from the group stages through no fault of your own!.

That's not actually true. I've been quit on several times and always progressed to the next round.

I actually think its a massive improvement on Fifa 10 (whic is the worst of the last 3 FIFA games IMO). Gameplay is much better with a slower tempo allowing much more build up play.

I even managed to win the online world cup last night with Croatia. Beat Argentina 3-2 in the final.

Guest Kamy100

I think that it is the amount of time that you have been playing before a win is awarded, it has to be over 7 minutes, twice people have quit during the first half and I have not been awarded the win.

Bought the game with some credit I had at blockbuster - slightly against my better judgement at the time, but I'm finding I'm really enjoying it. I've just moved into a new flat so as I'm waiting for my broadband I can just play offline at the mo. I quite like the qualifying scenarios you can play - although I think they could have added a bit more variety as most of them involve you being a goal or two down and having to score a couple in the last ten minutes - I would have liked it more if they mixed it up a bit.

I think forty quid is a bit too much but that said they have improved the gameplay as well as the penalties and the ref doesn't seem to get in the way nearly as much as on FIFA 10 (which really wound me up). Look forward to getting online again in the next couple of weeks.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived