BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Partner Expecting A Baby

My partner and I are expecting a baby, great news except the further into the pregnancy we get the more my girlfriend seems to resemble a mental person.

Any advice on how to deal with/placate a pregnant and possibly phycotic woman would be greatfully recieved. Some of you must have been in this ituation and hopefully can offer some advice!

Welcome to the rest of your life.

It's going to be a lot different from the life you have lead so far, so just get used to the fact that everything you have ever known is just about to be crumpled up in to a small ball of nothinghness.

Keep going with your partner, please look after her, after all she's about to go through a massive change in her life too, far bigger than yours.

I hope it works out OK for you. That first look at your new-born is unbeleivable.

All the best

My partner and I are expecting a baby, great news except the further into the pregnancy we get the more my girlfriend seems to resemble a mental person.

Sounds like she's regretting the situation or feeling very insecure. Quite normal.

So.....

Are you able to reassure her that the baby will have a father in deed rather than simple genetics?

Are you prepared to accept the responsibility of your situation?

Are you able to provide for 3?

If the answer is YES to all then there is no problem but it's likely that if even that is the case that she needs convincing properly.

Congratulations!

Try and support her through it. It's tough work and you'll get a lot of stress! Just try and stay composed. You'll laugh later at some of the disagreements you'll have. When the baby is born, he/she will make you understand that it was all worth it.

If it gets too much try and get some space - see mates, go out, cut the grass. You'll probably find that you can sort it out afterwards. Just never argue back because you'll never win :)

Massive life changes + Massive Hormones = Scary Times.

I know it sounds passive but you just have to completely bend over backwards. Anything that she disagrees with or wants you will just have to provide. She'll wake up annoyed about nothing at all and sadly misery loves company. Over the coming months you will very much want to go into hiding but you can't.

The reason for her behaviour is that she is terrified of all that this means. You have to put all your own worries to the side and show her that she has nothing to worry about because she has you. I would be surprised if the 'psycho' side of her didn't weaken after time.

Her female mind is likely to be telling her that she is about to go through pain and destroy her body for months all for you. For that reason, if you don't want to meet her wrath then you'll have to treat her like the queen she now percieves herself to be.

Congratulations though!!!!

.....Failing all that, do a runner!! :unsure: You`ll be happier, you can get another girl (who`s not a fat psycho bitch), she`ll get a council flat & the tax payer will pay 'fot babbys upbringing' ;)

:lol::lol:

(just kidding pal. Best of luck!)

Cheers for the replies guys, it seems like what she is going through is normal, is an exciting time

Sounds like she's regretting the situation or feeling very insecure. Quite normal.

So.....

Are you able to reassure her that the baby will have a father in deed rather than simple genetics?

Are you prepared to accept the responsibility of your situation?

Are you able to provide for 3?

If the answer is YES to all then there is no problem but it's likely that if even that is the case that she needs convincing properly.

Yes to all three, its not a decision we took lightly. A few years ago I decided to take a break from office life and went to work as a nurse, had some fantaic years working in gastro diagnostics department at UCLH. Since finding out though I quit as the money wasnt great and the hours were worse, I have been lucky enough to get a job working for a large consultancy firm so money shouldnt really be a problem.

We have just moved into a bigger place so we are all set on that side of things. She is constantly worried that the baby is ok though. I dont know how to convince her it is. Two weeks ago I paid to go private for an early scan to try and reassure her it is. The scan was fine, amazing seeing the little heart beat, but two days later she was back to worrying constantly! She's only two weeks away from the magic three months and she has constant morning sicknes so its clearly going fine but she wont believe it!

She also wanted to go on holiday before it gets too late to travel as she wanted one last holidy just the two of us. So I have sold a few shares and booked what I thought would be a great last holiday two weeks at Sandels in Jamaica. Now after weeks of not so subtle hints about getting away she is worried that we shouldn't have spent any money on it!

its all an adventure though and I guess you're all right I just need to remeber she is queen, never wrong and I need to do what ever she says even if it changes with out warning on a minute to minute basis! Oh and yes my partner and girlfriend are the same thing, just badly worded after too many glasses of wine last night!

Any advice on how to deal with/placate a pregnant and possibly phycotic woman would be greatfully recieved. Some of you must have been in this ituation and hopefully can offer some advice!

Great stuff and congrats, women do tend to change a bit in pregnancy dont they :lol:

My advice is introduce her to chocolate or buy a dog and participate on very long walks on your days off.

In all seriousness they tend to get very nesty (worried about secure home life) maybe she is worried about money or the safeness of the house for when the baby arrives talk to her and ask her if she is worried about anything apart from the obvious.

Good luck.

She also wanted to go on holiday before it gets too late to travel as she wanted one last holidy just the two of us. So I have sold a few shares and booked what I thought would be a great last holiday two weeks at Sandels in Jamaica.

Don't want to be a killjoy but there are dangers in sunbathing whilst pregnant. google 'sunbathing pregnancy'.

Great stuff and congrats, women do tend to change a bit in pregnancy dont they :lol:

And after assigning the girlfriend / boyfriend tag then they change when you move in together and then they change when you get married and then the change is on an almost daily basis...

Only joking darling ;)

Tranquilisers, sleeping pills and beta blockers - for you.

For her - Evening Primrose / St. Johns Wort / Vitamin B complex / Juice Plus (www.juiceplus.com.au/nsa/content/Home.soa?site=jg09077) which I sell and highly recommend.

As with everything consult with Doctor first.

Guest Kamy100

Have you got a basement? Lock her in there....thats what they do in Austria :tu:

Is there really any need for such a crass and insensitive comment.

Oooooh er! Probably not but I dont really care to be honest. Its a throw away joke and if you dont like it then tough sh!t!

Hardly suprising given you are as popular as a turd in a swimming pool.

I'd text that piece of exclusive news to you if i really knew your number. :brfcsmilie:

More importantly: sparkspakespoke....many congrats...if you think she's a worry now wait until she's carrying the second or third one.

Hardly suprising given you are as popular as a turd in a swimming pool.

I'd text that piece of exclusive news to you if i really knew your number. :brfcsmilie:

Exactly the reason I couldnt give a sh!t to be honest. People jumped on the bandwagon because I put up some info about a text I got, which proved to be correct!

Now people like to quote me to gain +points on their posts, how sad! :rolleyes:

Sticks & Stones and all that....

Exactly the reason I couldnt give a sh!t to be honest. People jumped on the bandwagon because I put up some info about a text I got, which proved to be correct!

Who gives a ###### about + points on posts. It's a bit of a joke if you ask me.

Works a treat too, I got +15 for just taking the p*ss out of you once!

Once again though, you've displayed what an underdeveloped sense of humour you have. I bet you need resuscitating if one of your mates fart.

Congrats mate. Your life will be okay, but when little spark appears then things will drastically change. My little Iccicle is 8 months old now, and he is beginning to stand up, and move around quite a bit. Doesnt want to sleep, but just wants to play. He is now also teething, which had us sleeping at 4am for the last week. But its all exciting stuff, and when you 1st lay your eyes on him or her, then is a wonderful moment. All the best big Spark to you, your partner and little spark

Archived