BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Partner Expecting A Baby

I have 4 kids and when I was expecting them the worst thing was just not knowing what to expect. I read all the books to try to prepare myself but basically, whatever they tell you doesn't reassure you at all. I remember going shopping for maternity clothes in Bournemouth and ending up standing in floods of tears in the centre of a big store because I couldn't find anything that didn't make me look like a house end. I was about 6 months pregnant at the time. No logic to it at all. My husband just stood there and waited till I stopped and then took me for a cup of tea. You just need to be patient. It does get better and the worst thing to do is to make her feel incompetent. She's not ill, not even when she's throwing up all over the place. She's just pregnant and needs to adjust. By the time my 4th was on the way, unplanned and at the time totally unwanted, I was very blasé about the whole process. Then I almost miscarried and I discovered how much I actually wanted this one too. There's nothing you can do to make anything any easier or better. Just be yourself only a bit more patient. Don't tell her it's her hormones or that you understand because she knows it is and you don't understand at all. Just bite your tongue and wait for the first time he/she moves under your hand. Then it'll be real and you can share in the excitement.

Who gives a ###### about + points on posts. It's a bit of a joke if you ask me.

See below South Aussie.....

Works a treat too, I got +15 for just taking the p*ss out of you once!

Once again though, you've displayed what an underdeveloped sense of humour you have. I bet you need resuscitating if one of your mates fart.

• 4 weeks later...

All you living in BwD with young children take note of this and get yourselves sorted with whichever religious instruction and type of state education that you wish for your child without having to pay through the nose. The rules are the rules and you cannot turn the clock back later. Take advice asap.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/5064808.Blackburn_priest_refuses_to_baptise_child/?ref=mr

All you living in BwD with young children take note of this and get yourselves sorted with whichever religious instruction and type of state education that you wish for your child without having to pay through the nose. The rules are the rules and you cannot turn the clock back later. Take advice asap.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/5064808.Blackburn_priest_refuses_to_baptise_child/?ref=mr

Its a sad thing now that the majority of people choose which religion their children are going to be based on what schools they want their children to attend, I suppose beliefs and family traditions go out the window.

Not enough people give this enough thought at the time.

I don't think the Catholic Church organises it's policy within Local Government boundaries. Maybe your grudge with all things BwD has gone a little OTT this time. Possibly

Perhaps it's a thought to consider that parents are being rather presumpuous in introducing their children into the arms of their own religion without the agreed consent of the child.

Most religious people have been indoctrinated by their parents without the freedom to choose what religion suits them. Or indeed any or no religion at all.

I don't think the Catholic Church organises it's policy within Local Government boundaries. Maybe your grudge with all things BwD has gone a little OTT this time. Possibly

Perhaps it's a thought to consider that parents are being rather presumpuous in introducing their children into the arms of their own religion without the agreed consent of the child.

Most religious people have been indoctrinated by their parents without the freedom to choose what religion suits them. Or indeed any or no religion at all.

Pontificate and theorise all you want from Greater Manchester. Parents of schoolchildren in Blackburn know the situation far better than you.

Oh for goodness sake. Stop squabbling and offer some advice if you have any.

Otherwise shush up.

I don't think the Catholic Church organises it's policy within Local Government boundaries. Maybe your grudge with all things BwD has gone a little OTT this time. Possibly.

:unsure:

Thanks Nate, probably a more accurate assessment than my comment, albeit a bit harsh.

Basturk4England

Your little smiley at 02:53 quoted me as offering a suggestion for people to stop

“Stop squabbling and offer some advice if you have any “
comments was in relation to sparkspakespoke’s original post at the top of the thread. It didn’t relate to posts that were made afterward. That would make me a Time Lord.

My comment to Thenodrog that:

“I don't think the Catholic Church organises it's policy within Local Government boundaries. Maybe your grudge with all things BwD has gone a little OTT this time. Possibly.”
has of course, absolutely nothing to do with sparkspakespoke original comment.

Theno

“Pontificate and theorise all you want from Greater Manchester. Parents of schoolchildren in Blackburn know the situation far better than you. “

Is disingenuous in the extreme. Your comment is just one of your usual ad-hominen comments that you post when anyone doesn’t agree with your comments. Does the fact that I am living in Greater Manchester make my post invalid? In what way?

Can you back up your comment that

“Parents of schoolchildren in Blackburn know the situation far better than you. “

Let’s face it. As one member of this forum put it so succinctly a few years ago: You do actually think you’re the most important person on here.

Basturk4England

Your little smiley at 02:53 quoted me as offering a suggestion for people to stop comments was in relation to sparkspakespoke’s original post at the top of the thread. It didn’t relate to posts that were made afterward. That would make me a Time Lord.

.....or, it would make you someone that is willing to practice what they preach.

I guess we've established that you are neither.

Archived