BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Guus Hiddink

yoda

Although I agree with your main point, I'd take a little bit of offense comparing us to those clubs. We might currently be below them in terms of resources, but those clubs can never touch our history.

I think Sunderland fans might disagree! Raich Carter and all that.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I agree with your main point, I'd take a little bit of offense comparing us to those clubs. We might currently be below them in terms of resources, but those clubs can never touch our history.

Hiddink think bubble

".... hmm, Blackburn haven't got any money and have no chance of getting in the Champions League never mind winning it but I'll take the job because they've got a great history.........."

Get real.

A-thank you.

Raises the question though - if the FA decide to go for an English manager to follow Capello, who would be in the running ahead of Sam? I can only think of Hodgson.

Harry Redknapp too surely, unless the FA take a Venables-esque dislike to him for his off field problems.

You would have to be a pretty daft footballer or manager to go anywhere for the history. Otherwise Old Etonians would have Cpello and Mourinho knocking down the door.

Fact of the matter is 1) we have little cash compared to most other prem and CL clubs 2) we have an average set of players 3) we have little hope for expansion.

HOWEVER we do relatively have a lot of money compared to most teams in the UK and around the world, have good facilities and play in currently the most prestigious league on the planet. All this is highly attractive to anyone not already established.

So while talk of Hiddink is wildly ridiculous if we find a less established manager with real talent who can find quality players for smaller fees then we are onto a winner. We need to find the next Hiddink rather than the current one.

Anyhow at the moment I am inclined to see what Allardyce achieves as he seems to be doing a good job at digging these players out. NZonzi, Kalinic, Olsson are all promising. Apparenty this Linganzi is doing well too. The youth team looks strong this year too.

I can see the average age at Rovers dropping to the mid twenties over the next couple of seasons. A risky strategy but with large rewards.

You would have to be a pretty daft footballer or manager to go anywhere for the history. Otherwise Old Etonians would have Cpello and Mourinho knocking down the door.

Fact of the matter is 1) we have little cash compared to most other prem and CL clubs 2) we have an average set of players 3) we have little hope for expansion.

HOWEVER we do relatively have a lot of money compared to most teams in the UK and around the world, have good facilities and play in currently the most prestigious league on the planet. All this is highly attractive to anyone not already established.

So while talk of Hiddink is wildly ridiculous if we find a less established manager with real talent who can find quality players for smaller fees then we are onto a winner. We need to find the next Hiddink rather than the current one.

Anyhow at the moment I am inclined to see what Allardyce achieves as he seems to be doing a good job at digging these players out. NZonzi, Kalinic, Olsson are all promising. Apparenty this Linganzi is doing well too. The youth team looks strong this year too.

I can see the average age at Rovers dropping to the mid twenties over the next couple of seasons. A risky strategy but with large rewards.

Notts County had SGE for a while recently!

Call me cynical but I think he went there for the money, the project, and the ability to take the back seat for a while. Not the history.

Well we can give him 45K a week, and getting us into the top four is most certainly a project.

PS he was always on the training pitch, so hardly a back seat. bit like perryman at Exeter.

Notts County had SGE for a while recently!

I thought we already covered this...

He went to Notts County because of a promise of massive MASSIVE expenditure. Saying that SGE to Notts and Hiddink to Rovers to somehow similar is you clutching at straws with most of the fingers on your left hand missing and the right hand full of thumbs.

I gaev you three alternatives yet you re yet to respond instead contiunig to carry on with this ludicrous premise of a European cup winning manager coming to the current setup at Blackburn Rovers.

I thought we already covered this...

He went to Notts County because of a promise of massive MASSIVE expenditure. Saying that SGE to Notts and Hiddink to Rovers to somehow similar is you clutching at straws with most of the fingers on your left hand missing and the right hand full of thumbs.

I gaev you three alternatives yet you re yet to respond instead contiunig to carry on with this ludicrous premise of a European cup winning manager coming to the current setup at Blackburn Rovers.

When we went down to the 3rd div for the 1st time a lot of people said we would never be back,

so you just keep your glass half empty and belive your own press that nothing good can happen

:lol:

Er! how do Turkey come into the equation then?

I didn't realise Turkey played in a domestic league? The Ottoman Süper Lig perhaps?

Don't be flippent, it doesn't suit you,

Turkey are not exactly top of the international tree but he is being linked with them

B)

Well, glass half empty or half full doesnt matter now, he joined Turkey according to the BBC website. :lol:

Like I pointed out, he was being linked

Turkey are in noway a bigger draw than the Rovers,

we obviously did not ask

<_<

we obviously did not ask

<_<

Or maybe, just maybe, being well into his sixties, Hiddink prefers to stay in international management.

Ever wondered why he didn't stay at Chelsea despite Abramovich wanting him to?

Like I pointed out, he was being linked

we obviously did not ask

<_<

A few of points:-

1) Turkey are a very good international side

2) Hiddink may have fancied going for international football

3) Allardyce is in a very solid position now, we are 11th.

4) We do not have the money to sack Allardyce unless it is absilutely critical.

This was always a non-runner. If it was a month ago when Sam was rocking on his feet after City maybe, but currently he is back on top.

I doubt the Rovers board would ever aim for someone like Hiddink anyway - we need a manager who knows how to shop for bargains and understands the need to operate on basically a zero budget each year. I think that 'experience of working at a smaller club with limited resources' would be high up on the Board's list of qualities a new man needs to have - which might rule out high profile managers like Hiddink.

If Hiddink joined us, yes his tactics would probably be excellent, but would he be able to find bargains ala Big Sam (Givet, N'Zonzi) and Hughes (Samba, Bellamy, Warnock, RSC, Bentley etc)? I doubt it.

I doubt the Rovers board would ever aim for someone like Hiddink anyway - we need a manager who knows how to shop for bargains and understands the need to operate on basically a zero budget each year. I think that 'experience of working at a smaller club with limited resources' would be high up on the Board's list of qualities a new man needs to have - which might rule out high profile managers like Hiddink.

If Hiddink joined us, yes his tactics would probably be excellent, but would he be able to find bargains ala Big Sam (Givet, N'Zonzi) and Hughes (Samba, Bellamy, Warnock, RSC, Bentley etc)? I doubt it.

Ian Holloway :P

Hiddink's been found guilty of doing the Dutch inland rev out of 940k, been found guilty, been let off a prison sentence and only been fined 30K!! What about the other 910k? Has he had to pay that back? Claims that his reputation has been damaged hardly ring true after him taking another top international job last week.

I'm sure that Arry will be happy as Larry at that outcome.

Archived