BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rearranged Games

Rovers gonna have a bit of congestion.

Rovers v Bolton now Postponed due to the Bolton cup replay.

Rovers v Birmingham now postponed due to FA Cup next round.

Bonus point if any, Samba misses Liverpool away and will be back for the more important games.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two positives of this for me;

1) We've already played a game more than a lot of the other teams anyway.

2) If they are moved to midweek I'll have a better chance of getting over to the game. Although I can imagine they will be shifted to another cup weekend, (that is if there are any more of those coming up).

The Bolton game isn't to much of a problem because it will be moved to either Saturday or Sunday.

What a disgrace that the FA and/or Premier League haven't made a contingency plan. They should have had an announcement ready about when the Rovers v Bolton game would be played in the event of an FA Cup replay being required. Fans (especially us poor sods who travel hundreds of miles to get to home games or anyone working shifts etc) are the last consideration.

Instead, we have to wait until Monday to find out.

Amateurs.

The Bolton game isn't to much of a problem because it will be moved to either Saturday or Sunday.

This is of course the sensible and practical thing to but a couple of things suggest it won't happen.

1. This the PL we are talking about

2. I think the police require ten days notice of fixtures?

3. This was a televised match, presumably the clubs will still want that to be the case as it means extra revenue.

I hope it is moved to the weekend but I'll be very surprised if this happens.

Guest Kamy100

I think that there was a contingency plan in place for this game in the event of a reply, which was to move the game back to the weekend, I would say that the police would have been involved in the contingency planning. There is no way that Bolton would want this one postponed, they already have 2 re-arranged games and face massive fixture congestion.

I think that there was a contingency plan in place for this game in the event of a reply, which was to move the game back to the weekend, I would say that the police would have been involved in the contingency planning. There is no way that Bolton would want this one postponed, they already have 2 re-arranged games and face massive fixture congestion.

Rovers TV / Radio were strongly hinting the game would be moved back to the Saturday,as originally scheduled,if Bolton v Spurs ended in a draw today.

However, I'm sure the Club will be gutted to lose the TV money -look how accomodating we were to fulfil City away, inspite of having to play a cup semi later that week.

Im almost certain that i was told at the last briefing the Bolton match would be brought forward to Saturday 20th (3pm) if they needed a replay with Spurs but now seems this is not confirmed

Im almost certain that i was told at the last briefing the Bolton match would be brought forward to Saturday 20th (3pm) if they needed a replay with Spurs but now seems this is not confirmed

Maybe it's been agreed in principal between the Clubs / Police but just needs final approval from the Premier League?

This situation is one bad joke. Four of us are coming from Finland to see the match. We also have tickets to Goodison on Saturday and at Wigan on Sunday. Now we seem to be forced to cancel Everton tickets. Hope the money will be refunded. Ewood match is of course the main game. It is really hard to organize free days from work from Friday to Tuesday when four people must do it. I´m ###### off! Damn you fat Huddlestone.

won't our squad still be in Dubai on Saturday? Or have barely gotten back? It'd be too soon to expect us to compete. Sunday would maybe be a bit more reasonable, but not Saturday.

Not sure when the boys are due back possibly on Wednesday. With regards to the fixture change see link http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/news/?id=1310

Regarding the Birmingham game it will probably be played on Wednesday 13th March 8pm kick off.

Not sure when the boys are due back possibly on Wednesday. With regards to the fixture change see link http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/news/?id=1310

Regarding the Birmingham game it will probably be played on Wednesday 13th March 8pm kick off.

13th March is a Saturday, when we are playing Spurs. Do you mean 10th or 17th? Presumably 10th as 17th would be reserved for a possible cup replay. Hope so as I'm flying to Chile on 13th for 2 weeks.

13th March is a Saturday, when we are playing Spurs. Do you mean 10th or 17th? Presumably 10th as 17th would be reserved for a possible cup replay. Hope so as I'm flying to Chile on 13th for 2 weeks.

I think I could make the 10th work, though it would impact our tours of distilleries. Oh well, maybe I can tour some breweries instead.

Sorry it should read 17th March the 10th is not possible as they are playing Pompey on the 9th.

If the Bolton game is not played on Saturday the 20th of Feb. our next game on a Saterday will be the 10th of April againt M.U. but no doubt this will be changed for T.V. as that is the date for the F.A Cup semi finals. When you look at the fixtures we have not had a Saturday game since the 19th of December. I dont know about anyone else but I am fed up with mid-week fixtures when I purchased my season ticket I thought we had more Saturday games it will be nearly four months without a Saturday home game. I can not remember a season like this having been a season ticket holder for 25+years.

I think Portsmouth v Stoke is the late kick-off on Saturday so if we are moved back to Saturday then it looks very likely that we will have to miss out on the TV money unfortunately.

You dont get TV money anymore, its not based on number of appearances.

So its actually better if we dont get shown.

If the Bolton game is not played on Saturday the 20th of Feb. our next game on a Saterday will be the 10th of April againt M.U. but no doubt this will be changed for T.V. as that is the date for the F.A Cup semi finals. When you look at the fixtures we have not had a Saturday game since the 19th of December. I dont know about anyone else but I am fed up with mid-week fixtures when I purchased my season ticket I thought we had more Saturday games it will be nearly four months without a Saturday home game. I can not remember a season like this having been a season ticket holder for 25+years.

I personally like Wednesday games it breaks the week up a bit. It's no good for my son though as he goes to bed at 8ish most nights so he's had to miss quite a few games this season.

Archived