BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rearranged Games

If the Bolton game is not played on Saturday the 20th of Feb. our next game on a Saterday will be the 10th of April againt M.U. but no doubt this will be changed for T.V. as that is the date for the F.A Cup semi finals. When you look at the fixtures we have not had a Saturday game since the 19th of December. I dont know about anyone else but I am fed up with mid-week fixtures when I purchased my season ticket I thought we had more Saturday games it will be nearly four months without a Saturday home game. I can not remember a season like this having been a season ticket holder for 25+years.

To be fair apart from the Dingle game every game was a 3pm kick off till the new year.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd imagine that even though it's not based on appearances that we're still contractually obliged to play when the tv channels say so

I personally like Wednesday games it breaks the week up a bit. It's no good for my son though as he goes to bed at 8ish most nights so he's had to miss quite a few games this season.

Also means I can get to more games as flights are much cheaper :rover:

You dont get TV money anymore, its not based on number of appearances.

So its actually better if we dont get shown.

I thought it was £480K per TV appearance with a minimum guarantee of 10 games? If so, the non televising of the Bolton game could have a financial impact. Up to now we have been on TV 6 times, with Bolton, Spurs and Burnley to come, making 9. It would seem pretty likely that we will get more than 1 of the remaining matches, given we still have United, Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea to come. So missing out on Bolton could lose us £480K.

It's very complicated and quite revealing.

The police usually have a big say but seem to be letting the clubs sort this one out...which is good news.

ESPN don't have THAT much say. They will lose a Monday game from their schedule and the Premier League want to keep them sweet. But the TV station does not have much power.

But ESPN could show it on Sunday as a consolation prize...

Not much fun for the fans or neutrals who fancied going there on Saturday.

Friday night would be class! Night matches >>>>>> Day matches.

From what I can remember I might be wrong we played Bolton at theBreezeblock on a friday night. I think it was the season that we went back up. One of the reasons why I remember that game is that I broke down on the slip road coming off the M61, we won 4-0 what a night that was we were bouncing in the stands.

confirmed sunday 12.00 kick off

From what I can remember I might be wrong we played Bolton at theBreezeblock on a friday night. I think it was the season that we went back up. One of the reasons why I remember that game is that I broke down on the slip road coming off the M61, we won 4-0 what a night that was we were bouncing in the stands.

you are right, it was that season!

but it was 4-1

Archived