BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton (Home) Preview

jrabrfc

I can only assume that is why they have picked the time. They have Inter v Sampdoria down at the moment, but I think that is a repeat with the next live game at 2pm.

Ye they usually show SPL games at that time on a Sunday :)

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing Bolton around my birthday always invokes memories of our 4-1 trouncing of them at Breezeblock. What a night to remember.

I can think of nothing worse than kicking off at 1200hrs however, if you can recall the last derby game that started at 12pm after we had been away to Dubai we trounced the dingles 5-0 at Ewood !

Think it might be different as Bolton are playing well and with Davies they will always cause problems.

Coyle has Bolton firing almost but with a replay in the cup to come they may find Ewood just a little too far in their ambitions. A Rovers win takes us a healthy way from them and from Burnley who take on Villa (a), and with Pompy doomed this game is yet another must win or dare not lose matches.

I cant see it being a cracker and the odd goal in 1 will take it.

Lets hope Andrews is kept off the pitch and if Sam grants us that wish, we may just take the 3 points easier then normal.

It's now on my 18th Birthday!!!

Pints in for me boys? ;)

You're 18, get your feckin own! :P

As much as the re-arrangement makes it awkward for me, I THINK I'll be there. I think we'll win. Either they'll make it a tricky 1-0 a la Hull, or we'll score 3+ and win. I think the combo of them having an eye on other fixtures and our home form will see us through with 3 points and a less miserable Me in front of the potential in-laws.

my post from "rearranged game" thread, my ST is going next season for the 1st time in many many years:

"I had a table booked at Ewood on the Monday evening for 4 of us (my Birthday) and the Tuesday booked off work to recover. We could have moved to a Saturday at a pinch.

Sunday is out due to a family event. My ST's are a complete waste of time due to constant fixture changes. I am going on a match-by-match basis next season, this will save a fortune.....Rovers have also missed a table booking for the Bolton game and the associated bar bill (large bar bill !!)."

my post from "rearranged game" thread, my ST is going next season for the 1st time in many many years:

"I had a table booked at Ewood on the Monday evening for 4 of us (my Birthday) and the Tuesday booked off work to recover. We could have moved to a Saturday at a pinch.

Sunday is out due to a family event. My ST's are a complete waste of time due to constant fixture changes. I am going on a match-by-match basis next season, this will save a fortune.....Rovers have also missed a table booking for the Bolton game and the associated bar bill (large bar bill !!)."

Jesus, the club didnt look at your personal plans and then intentionally move the match around them. Dont blame Rovers for this one. They have the option of the added revenue of TV money and had every right to take it, plus i reckon there are more fans who can make a Sunday midday kick off then can make a Monday evening kick off.

I get so annoyed when some people cannot see the bigger picture (not neccesarily aimed at Preston Blue). The game had to be rearranged, and was bound to inconvinience some people regardless, yet obviously its still Rovers fault.

Im sorry for those who cant make it but dont get angry towards the club. Its as if fans are looking for any excuse to have a pop, whether its Sam's tactics, Andrews' existance or the rearrangement of a fixture, its enough for people to throw their toys out of their prams.

Bloody Hell. Was gonna be on ESPN HD one of only a handful of Rovers games on telly here this season and it's now on Sunday. I doubt very much the American ESPN will pre-empt Bass Fishing for kick ball on Sunday, maybe they will still show it tape delay in the original time slot. I won't hold my breath. Buggar, damn Coyle messin with us even as a Wanderer. :rolleyes:

Bloody Hell. Was gonna be on ESPN HD one of only a handful of Rovers games on telly here this season and it's now on Sunday. I doubt very much the American ESPN will pre-empt Bass Fishing for kick ball on Sunday, maybe they will still show it tape delay in the original time slot. I won't hold my breath. Buggar, damn Coyle messin with us even as a Wanderer. :rolleyes:

Gonna Be on espn 2 at 7am EST should be 8pm for you in MO.

Couldn't make Saturday, and having only missed something like 5 games in 20 years at Ewood I am pretty happy with the new KO time. :D

Winning this game is absolutley critical for us when you look at the fixtures. There is the potential for the results to go very well for us over the next week with a few sides around us playing each other, or sides nearer the top of the league.

We must capitalise and take all 3 points as March is looking like a tough one, and the security of points on the board may just give us a chance of getting something out of the harder games coming up. (But in reality we will probably just collapse against tougher opponents away from home!)

City can do us a favour tonight by beating Stoke as well hopefully.

I am going on a match-by-match basis next season, this will save a fortune.....Rovers have also missed a table booking for the Bolton game and the associated bar bill (large bar bill !!)."

You want to join us in the DE then - I think my season ticket has already paid for itself (especially with reduced price for Liverpool match and free City ticket).

I agree that this is a ridiculous time to play the match - inconvenient for most people I would imagine - especially those that play Sunday morning football. However - the extra cash will undoubtably come in handy for the club - and we can't have it both ways, we want the club to spend on transfers, but not take advantage of every revenue opportunity ?

Personally, how anybody can say that the club doesn't take the fans feeling into consideration is being extremely harsh on the club. We have the most imaginative pricing in the league (att all professional levels) - and even gave up potential revenue from the Burnley match to help maintain local pride. Less knee jerk reaction at the club - and please look at the wider picture of what the club has done this season.

You want to join us in the DE then - I think my season ticket has already paid for itself (especially with reduced price for Liverpool match and free City ticket).

I agree that this is a ridiculous time to play the match - inconvenient for most people I would imagine - especially those that play Sunday morning football. However - the extra cash will undoubtably come in handy for the club - and we can't have it both ways, we want the club to spend on transfers, but not take advantage of every revenue opportunity ?

Personally, how anybody can say that the club doesn't take the fans feeling into consideration is being extremely harsh on the club. We have the most imaginative pricing in the league (att all professional levels) - and even gave up potential revenue from the Burnley match to help maintain local pride. Less knee jerk reaction at the club - and please look at the wider picture of what the club has done this season.

What I am saying is factual: I have had ST's for years and all these changes in dates mean that I am missing more and more games. I therefore have no need for ST's any more and revert to buying as and when I can attend rather than waste the money. This is driven by TV and by Club finances (I cannot blame Rovers for focussing on the TV cash rather than the regular fan....although the dicotomy here is that the TV fees help by for cheaper ST's!!).

On the issue of pricing I believe that John Williams has done a great job; the fact is that it does not suit everyone and for me the option now is to do away with ST's next season (work actually pays for one so I can take guests) and go as and when I can.

12.00 o'clock Sunday dinner what a ridiculous time.

Advantage Bolton !

Advantage Bolton?

Cant believe all the crying on here about the time.....yes its a pain, yes it will cause me troubles too, but you just get on with it - life's too short!

If you dont want kick-off times set by TV then dont watch a premier league team....its that simple!

What I am saying is factual: I have had ST's for years and all these changes in dates mean that I am missing more and more games. I therefore have no need for ST's any more and revert to buying as and when I can attend rather than waste the money. This is driven by TV and by Club finances (I cannot blame Rovers for focussing on the TV cash rather than the regular fan....although the dicotomy here is that the TV fees help by for cheaper ST's!!).

On the issue of pricing I believe that John Williams has done a great job; the fact is that it does not suit everyone and for me the option now is to do away with ST's next season (work actually pays for one so I can take guests) and go as and when I can.

Preston - I had similar problems - and previously didn't have a season ticket for much the same reasons you are now talking about stopping yours (so appreciate your position). From my perspective the DE ST paid for itself very quickly - and was really a no brainer. The various offers in the DE have somewhat diminished the savings - but I wouldn't have had to attend too many matches to make the £150 price worthwhile. I do think the club needs to do everything it can to hold onto the ST holders it has - so far I have attended every home match this season (mainly as my work commitments have lessened) - but without a ST I would probably have been more choosey in the matches I attended (mainly for financial reasons). I am sure I am not alone - and the club need to take this into account when pricing for next season.

The season ticket is a no brainer for anyone if they plan on being at the big games. United (£37), Burnley (£37), Liverpool (£37), City (£37) - 4 games - £148.....so for an extra £52 you get the option to attend a further 15 games!! Come on people! :rolleyes:

Not sure about most, but next season I have 2 extra season tickets joining me!

Advantage Bolton?

Cant believe all the crying on here about the time.....yes its a pain, yes it will cause me troubles too, but you just get on with it - life's too short!

If you dont want kick-off times set by TV then dont watch a premier league team....its that simple!

Twelve o'clock Hughesy is taking the pish what it does is it rules out all that are involved in the Blackburn sunday leagues who follow Rovers i'd say that at lerast 500 plus there, then theres the youth leagues then the number treble here.

What about the people left who go to church on a sunday morning.

One o'clock onwards would have been a lot better but if ESPN want this time, then I hope they get the snoozefest they fully deserve with no atmosphere, and hardly anybody in the ground.

what does that mean? dicks whoever decided on this time I just hope they go bust soon !

like I said, the club is obviously thinking about Bolton more than the Rovers fans. We like just rolling over to whatever they decide, without taking into consideration what the fans think. At that time, there are many people having Sunday lunch, or at church or had made plans to be with their family or taking their birds to some posh hotel :);)… I have Sunday Legue footy, so im going to miss the game perhaps, unless I hit the record button which is not the same as I might hear the score somewhere.

Guest Kamy100

Another one of our "must win" games. I think that we are 6 points from safety. So we need to find 2 wins from our remaining 12 games (6 Home and 6 Away).

6 Home Games:

Bolton

Chelsea

Birmingham

Man Utd

Everton

Arsenal

6 Away Games:

Liverpool

Tottenham

Burnley

Portsmouth

Wolves

Aston Villa

On paper, we have slightly easier "away" games as we play three teams who are in the bottom 6, however our away from has been chronically bad so I have very low expectations with regards to picking up points away from.

Therefore it is imperative that we beat Bolton, it will edge us very close to safety, with the added bonus of increasing the gap between us and Bolton. I feel that this will be a tough game, seen signs recently that Bolton are starting to play well. Bolton of course have a game on Wednesday at Wigan so that could be a factor, our players should be raring to go after their "warm weather" training camp.

This is one of those "crossroad" games. Win it and we can start to possibly look towards finishing 9th-11th. Lose it and then we start to look over a shoulders again (mainly because of the lack of points that we are picking up from away matches).

Advantage Bolton?

very poor post Chris... Its not just about the kickoff time, or being on a Sunday. Many have made plans, booked rooms, made travel arrangements for the Monday. It would have been nice if the club, had been a little considerate of the fans instead of giving in so easily because they didnt want to lose the live tv game. If its more about the loss of money, and less about the fans, then im sorry but its a disgrace.

Archived